Lees

Reach 

Buckley 

Bananna 

Hutchisnon 

Wallace

FF

Rhodes 

Difficult one with Wallace, he is both a cause of, and solution to some of our problems imo.

He often has a screamer in him, also takes a decent set piece, but he struggles to get past a defender and reach the by-line which often contributes to a lack of real creativity from open play.

Also when we break forward, when ideally he should be getting into the box or arriving at the back post, he's too far behind the play, the same can be said of Bannan and others, we simply don't get the bodies into the box, when a cross goes in it's a case of find Rhodes, or it's out for a throw in on the other side.

There'll be games that suit both ( Newcastle is the sort of game where Wallace is perfect )  but when we're looking to really attack teams at home, maybe the more direct, pacy style of Buckley/McManaman is the way to go.

Guest RocketOwl

Would like to see Wallace played on left as he did brilliantly there against Bristol City at home 

He is our best crosser and if he's on his left he will be able to cross more as opposed to cutting in.

7 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Not sure what game you was watching.

We saw the Buckley from Brighton at long last - not quite at that level but definitely on his way and he looked confident and dangerous.

I wasn't wearing the same rose tinted spectacles as you was that's obvious.

Do you have the stats to back up your claim?  Would be interested in what it would show though I do accept it doesn't make for a clear cut point.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmes said:

I wasn't wearing the same rose tinted spectacles as you was that's obvious.

Do you have the stats to back up your claim?  Would be interested in what it would show though I do accept it doesn't make for a clear cut point.

So you've accused me of being negative about other players to suit you, yet when I say someone has played well I have rose tinted glasses on lol 

Think most on here agree I don't praise players for the sake of it. Buckley clearly played well and from what I've read from other posters on the large everyone has agreed hence there is now a post discussing should Buckley start the best game - if he didn't play well do you think Owlstalk would be wanting him to start? Nah.

Id watch the game back or stop nodding off mate.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, RocketOwl said:

So you've accused me of being negative about other players to suit you, yet when I say someone has played well I have rose tinted glasses on lol 

Think most on here agree I don't praise players for the sake of it. Buckley clearly played well and from what I've read from other posters on the large everyone has agreed hence there is now a post discussing should Buckley start the next game - if he didn't play well do you think Owlstalk would be wanting him to start? Nah.

18 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Impressive? Thought he was pretty non-descript.  Didn't give a performance screaming at me to keep Wallace out of the side.

That's what i thought... I'd have taken him off with 30 mins left to give matias a run out.

Wallace everytime for me

Works hard and chips in with vital goals.

I think Buckley should get another game, he played well so why drop him now, what message would that send to the rest of our squad and also Wallace would know that no matter how he plays, be it good or bad, he still going to keep his place

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Think most on here agree I don't praise players for the sake of it. Buckley clearly played well and from what I've read from other posters on the large everyone has agreed hence there is now a post discussing should Buckley start the best game - if he didn't play well do you think Owlstalk would be wanting him to start? Nah.

I don't think OT should be picking the side that wouldn't be very effective.  (Cue tin hat)

Thought the Reading defence coped well with the threat of Buckley, and would have been happy to play against him all night.  

I promise to agree with you when you say something I agree with.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, offalyowl said:

I think Buckley should get another game, he played well so why drop him now, what message would that send to the rest of our squad and also Wallace would know that no matter how he plays, be it good or bad, he still going to keep his place

bit like Bannan.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmes said:

I don't think OT should be picking the side that wouldn't be very effective.  (Cue tin hat)

Thought the Reading defence coped well with the threat of Buckley, and would have been happy to play against him all night.  

I promise to agree with you when you say something I agree with.

Buckley got past them a number of times, had a shot very well saved and a header really well saved. They coped with him due to their keeper.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Holmes said:

lol Ironic, I got slagged down for saying the goalie had a brilliant game.

Can we apply your logic with Buckley to

Rhodes then?