Who's the best Wednesday player ever?

3 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Had Gazza stayed sober, mentally healthy and injury free, I'd almost certainly agree.

Sadly, the man himself robbed us of the potential he promised.

Well the hangers on didn't help matters  getting hammered with the ginger radio two-at and his celebrity mates all the time. 

9 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Well the hangers on didn't help matters  getting hammered with the ginger radio two-at and his celebrity mates all the time. 

Aye, agreed. When he needed friends it seems he was surrounded by leeches and sycophants.

6 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Three words  sir  Bobby Charlton  

Also arguably the best Englishman.

Best footballer I have seen to be at his best while playing for Wednesday is easy and by a long way  Roland Nilsson.

The only sensible competitor who my dad says I saw as a nipper is Ron springett. 

The man who always gets forgot in this kind of thread is Trevor Francis when he played for Wednesday he was only good for 20 minutes but in those 20 minutes you could tell why a certain Brian Clough made him the first million pound man.  (well all bar a pound) 

Wilson, Swan or Dooley...

Though, my favorite will always be John Sheridan. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be supporting Wednesday.

As clever as any player ever.

Can only imagine how good he would have been if we signed him with both knees...

Strange that majority all seem to be forwards or wingers that grab the glory.. What about Ron Springett, Derek Dooley, Johnny Fantham (who I never  saw by the way) 

I'll go John Sheridan mesen! 

Caveat : I do realise that some of the players I've mentioned were front players) 

Edited by owls-swfc

Have to agree with others that Waddle was absolute quality; would have been fantastic if he'd come to our club at his prime a few years earlier.

In terms of his sublime ability I'd probably opt for DiCanio as my favourite Wednesday player. His first touch was something else and I reckon he'd be worth the current £40+ ticket prices.

impossible to give a definitive answer all people can do is give the best they have seen and for me that would be ron springett but i'm sure if i'd have seen jack allen , ellis rimmer, mark hooper .ernie blenkinsop etc etc  then i'd have been pitching for one of them......