Slept on it....

After the match yesterday evening I was all for Carlos going....I never thought I'd hear myself say that as I am a big Carlos fan, he showed this club what we are capable of.

However after to letting my anger and emotions settle down, I think it would be a crazy decision to sack him now, too often are clubs too quick to sack the manager, for me Carlos needs to be in charge until the end of the season at least, and personally I think he should be given one last shot at it next season. 

We we all know he is a capable manager, he has just lost his way, and part of me thinks started to believe in his own hype, I think he needs to go back to basics, and let the players express themselves as we all know they are capable. 

On on the flip side if he was to go, who the hell would we get......Pardew, Redknapp, Pearson, for me there is not one manager who strikes me as a quality manager, why rush things now and potentially ruin next season aswell if the wrong decision was made. 

The international break has come at a good time, it gives us a great opportunity to get players fit, and take the Immediate pressure off..the season isn't over that's for sure!! People are also forgetting we play Fulham last game of the season aswell which could be our reprieve if we win that.

So on the whole for me Carlos stays until the end of the season, and reassess then, the staff, e players and the whole of Sheffield Wednesday will be hurting as much as us the fans. However we need to pull together and get behind the team, because at times yesterday evening it reminded me of the Yorath, Turner, Irvine era for the fans, booing and been disgruntled. We all need to pull in the same way like last year, for us the season starts now.

WAWAW

He has just lost his way? No offence but have you been attending games this season? Because last night wasn't a one off, its been like that for about 90% of the perfomances, especially at home. We have 8 games remaining and yet a manager who has only one style and can't adapt to anything else, he doesn't know his best 11 and what frustrates me is his unwilling to change formations. There is nothing from this season that suggests to me CC is the man to take this club forward and personally once the season comes to an end he'll either walk or get the chop anyway.

Yes i ageee, performances haven't been up to standard at home and I don't think the season ticket price we've all paid are justified...

But who is to suggest another manager is going to improve things immediately and for the best part who are we going to get? Got to give him till the end of the season, and reassess then. We all know we have a capable squad. As poor as our season has been we are still currently in 6th (likely to be 7th by this evening) however we are still in the hunt for a play off space.  

1 minute ago, Markowski77 said:

Yes i ageee, performances haven't been up to standard at home and I don't think the season ticket price we've all paid are justified...

But who is to suggest another manager is going to improve things immediately and for the best part who are we going to get? Got to give him till the end of the season, and reassess then. We all know we have a capable squad. As poor as our season has been we are still currently in 6th (likely to be 7th by this evening) however we are still in the hunt for a play off space.  

To be honest I can't think off the top of my head who could replace him.

Regarding our position, yes we have but lets not kid ourselves a lot of the points have come through a lot of luck or the oppositions inability to finish chances off. The luck has dried up, it has done for a while and in my opinion CC has nothing more to bring to the table.

The perfomances such as Norwich at home, Newcastle away and Wolves away have been extremely rare and for a team, that is supposedly chasing promotion or looking one of the divisions more threatening teams, that is frankly not good enough and is a sackable offence. 

25 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

We we all know he is a capable manager

This is the thing. He is capable. Not brilliant, not inspired, merely capable. He's a fair to middling manager who has some talented players at his disposal. And it's the individual skills of those players rather than any team ethos or tactical brilliance that has kept us hanging onto the play offs. If Carlos had continued with Stuart Gray's squad, would he have done any better than Stu?

But I agree. He should stay to the end of the season. Then we re-assess.

31 minutes ago, Coyt said:

He has just lost his way? No offence but have you been attending games this season? Because last night wasn't a one off, its been like that for about 90% of the perfomances, especially at home. We have 8 games remaining and yet a manager who has only one style and can't adapt to anything else, he doesn't know his best 11 and what frustrates me is his unwilling to change formations. There is nothing from this season that suggests to me CC is the man to take this club forward and personally once the season comes to an end he'll either walk or get the chop anyway.

Can't agree with that Coyt, last season we played some of the best pass and move I've seen since the early nineties.

This season it's been far too defensive but we were still picking up points.

Recently we've gone slightly more direct and yesterday he played with two out and out wingers.

5 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Can't agree with that Coyt, last season we played some of the best pass and move I've seen since the early nineties.

Recently we've gone slightly more direct and yesterday he played with two out and out wingers.

Fair enough mate that's your opinion and I respect that.

I think lady luck has shined down on us in many games this season and now its drying up, that's why we we've picked up points this season. As I said in another thread its actually pathetic that we can count on one hand the number of good performances this season, teams that are challenging promotion and supposedly one of the more stronger teams, shouldn't be doing that.

I've slept on it and decided this is one of the best chances to get out of this league. If you would have said it was going to be the teams in contention 8 months ago.

We would have all taken it, however 8 months on we still do not know how to break teams down and with 8 games left fear we will still not know.

Luckily it is still in out hands.

9 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

And played them both narrow with the full backs providing the width like usual. 

I was surprised to see two wingers but neither played as wingers. We very rarely play with width in midfield.

Our problem is that we have one way of playing and if it doesn't work we don't know what else to do. We've been figured out. Stop Bannan.  Keep him deep and put him under pressure and make him pass backwards and we're done. 

14 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

He may have started with 2 wingers but the issue is they never both played wide to provide actual width

CC tactics sees them coming inside all of the time to try and get the full backs in

That would be fine if the full backs could provide decent service which they can't

we have 2 strikers crying out for crosses and we have wingers who can provide this service but CC insists on not giving them licence 

CC got it badly wrong last night. Everyone in football knows Reading play out from the back and want to keep possession. To combat that we should have pushed up and played a high press game. Brighton showed how to do this the other week and beat Reading easily. We sat off and let them play

we stil have the players to take us up but I don't believe CC is the man to get us up

pointless changing now but need a change in the summer

1 hour ago, Coyt said:

Post of the day 

Had a very similar experience of the game and aftermath to the OP by the sounds of it. Proper fed up last night (during and after) but better this morning. The highlights are completely one-sided and show we should've won 2-1 or 3-1 if all was 'fair'.

What they don't show is the 70min of agonisingly pedestrian go-nowhere frustration and near total lack of movement through the middle of the park, which is why it felt so dire on the night. It's been a problem all season.

Nor do they show the way we were constantly dragged miles out of position by a (very average-looking IMO) Reading side that simply lobbed a couple of players really wide and forced the whole centre of our team to scramble out to the flanks to cover them on behalf of our consistently AWOL attacking fullbacks.

I'm increasingly inclined to think that, if/when injuries allow, our best tactic for now would be to go five in midfield and play a slightly narrower back three of Lees, Loovens and Sasso/Pudil. We're not really benefitting in scoring terms from throwing Hunt and Fox high up the pitch, and we're leaking goals from the gaps it leaves. Even when they're in position we hardly ever stop crosses. Additionally the obligation to cover them is pulling our midfield to and CB pairing to bits, meaning Rhodes and Winnall are coming far too deep to get the ball.

I dunno if our current injury list allows it right now, but I'm all for packing the midfield from here on in. God knows we've got enough bloody midfielders on the books.

Stick with two wingers but make them stay out there, and play three central, one slightly deeper if needs be (NOT Bannan!).

Edited by Mr. Tom

52 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

But we didn't play with two out and out wingers, most of the time they were playing centre midfield and at one point were both on the same wing.It was left to the full backs to get the crosses in.  

1 minute ago, gableratchet said:

But we didn't play with two out and out wingers, most of the time they were playing centre midfield and at one point were both on the same wing.It was left to the full backs to get the crosses in.  

Oops, should have read the earlier posts