Seasons over for me

9 minutes ago, BathgateBob said:

Aye and I couldn't see Bristol City Beating Hudders tonight because they have believed in themselves ll seasons.

None of us can predict what happens in a game. If we could,  the coup on a Saturday would be a whole lot easier. All we can do is hope not expect.

Going round in circles here. 

I think Fulham will beat wolves you don't. 

I think once we slip out of the top 6 we won't be back ...you don't. 

Let's move on ...

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The crazy thing is that this season is far from over. In fact it's the proverbial gift horse.

A very ordinary side are going to win the play offs this year, and that could still be us.

Udders trounced tonight by a bottom side. Reading are nothing special at all. Leeds are scraping by, and only Fulham look the real deal at present.

Got to somehow get confidence, performances, and results back on track, fall over the line, and dust ourselves down for the lottery.

There is a lot of truth in that.

Perhaps this season will be the season when we scrape into the play-offs courtesy of a scrappy 93rd minute goal against Fulham then we are just as likely to win the play-offs as three other probably average sides.

Can't believe ime sat here so disappointed,  but realistically am not surprised,  just been watching with rose tinted glasses and hoping the inevitable wouldn't happen but the true picture is unfolding and I have to accept it 

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Perhaps this season will be the season when we scrape into the play-offs courtesy of a scrappy 93rd minute goal against Fulham then we are just as likely to win the play-offs as three other probably average sides.

Yep.

Trouble is we have now turned it into a two horse race for 6th. It's a very out of sorts Wednesday v a very in form Fulham. We probably need them to have a major stutter.

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

We are worse then those other average sides though that's the thing .

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Not his fault we paid over the odds...He's been a stand out player in several matches...What did youi think of Bannan tonight?

Stand out player? Come on.

He offers nothing, zero, zilch to the team. Very poor player 

Unfortunately I agree we need to sit down at the end of the season and look where we actually need to improve on(position wise) 

its sad that missing a couple of players makes us look worse when we've got players that have cost us a fortune playing and don't look any better.

im still waiting for reach to actually do something....

Just now, LoOkOut said:

We are worse then those other average sides though that's the thing .

Not too sure about that.

Each have had good and bad spells and at no time has any of them (including us) look glaringly better or worse than the others.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Not too sure about that.

Each have had good and bad spells and at no time has any of them (including us) look glaringly better or worse than the others.

Leeds have beat us home and away and now reading have ...two teams I classed as pretty poor top six teams .

Time for alarm bells for me.

1 minute ago, LoOkOut said:

Leeds have beat us home and away and now reading have ...two teams I classed as pretty poor top six teams .

Time for alarm bells for me.

Aye, we've beaten Huddersfield home and away and it would be just like us to the same against Newcastle. It is swings and roundabouts. We aren't very good but the others don't look a million miles in front of us.

10 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Not his fault we paid over the odds...He's been a stand out player in several matches...What did youi think of Bannan tonight?

Carlos .

But one swallow doesn't make a summer, reach has been a dreadful waste of 5 million quid and when I keep seeing him duck out of challenges the 5 million price tag keeps flashing in front of me .

9 hours ago, LoOkOut said:

Brighton haven't spent that big .

Fact is we've spent millions this season and have gone backwards and the style we've adapted is God damn awful .

We've lost five league games with still a good few more to go ...we only lost twice at home last term and one of those sides are in the premier league we had a tremendous cup run too. 

We gone backwards and we need a fresh manager with fresh coaches .

Brighton haven't spent that big??

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3456363.aspx

The accounts show an overall loss of £25.8m, compared with £10.4m in the previous season. The increase in losses relates largely to investment in the playing squad during the 2015/16 season.