Poll: Man of the Match vs Reading...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Reading  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Reading?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Fox
    • Jones
    • Bannan
    • Buckley
    • Rhodes
    • Winnall
    • Reach
    • McManaman
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu

Wow so tough to find positives about anyone.

Buckley best of a poor performance.

6.5 Buckley and Reach. Both got crosses in and worked hard. Reach pushed hard for a goal.

6 Rhodes - at least got into positions to score, but has to score at least one of those chances

6 Bannan - worked hard but little quality. 

6 Westy - little to do. Poor distribution but very windy

5.5 Hunt - the odd run forward. Tough night defensively

5 Lees - shaky on his return, and rabbit in headlights with ball at his feet. Will improve.

4.5 Loovens - OMG what happened to his distribution? His confidence seemed shot to ribbons. Crowd?

4.5 Fox - too much space for RW. One excellent shot but that apart very dodgy.

4 Winnall - has to sit out now. Hooper if fit. Fletch if not. Very little to commend tonight.

Carlos - team devoid of ideas and confidence. Needs to spark them into life. Next game.

Westwood 5 rubbish kicking as usual . Good to see he looked as fed up with the guff in front of him as we were though 

hunt 5 wasteful 

lees 6 didn't look too bad on his return .

loovens 4 prob nursing his injury but my god he was woeful 

fox 5 not the answer on that side 

Buckley 6 gave a good account of himself despite being short of match fitness 

bannan 4 rubbish , weak and offers zilch going forward 

jones 5 tries but we need more 

reach 4 what does he actually bring 

Rhodes 5 what the point I'm signing him 

winnall 5 as above 

Carlos the clown . 0 bereft of ideas . Same rubbish week in week out. We are crying out for pace and movement but don't have a single player in the team with those attributes. 

The club 0 daring to ask for 42 quid to watch Newcastle after the guff we are watching at the moment. 

Season over . Hopefully this will force a change next year 

Buckley for me but it was hardly a memorable performance. 

Reading were the better team and moved the ball well in the first half especially. They had midfield players who could turn and drive forward - we have midfield players who play 2 yard balls back to our centre halves and don't take any risks. For me, Carlos' time is up. His system doesn't work and unbelievably, the players he has brought in do not suit it. We have been poor all season and since lady luck ran out, we have no way of scoring goals. Norwich game was an anomaly unfortunately, mainly because they were just so poor. 

No Nando, no performance. Its as simple as that.

Westwood 6 - sort your kicking out man!

Hunt 4 - league 1 standard.

Loovens 3 - what the hell was he doing for the goal? For most of tonight he looked like he had never played before.

Lees 6 - did ok.

Fox 4 - see other full back. League 1 standard.

Buckley 7 MOM - tried and played a few decent balls/crosses. 

Bannan 3 - didn't want the ball tonight and on the rare occasion he did, his distribution was poor. A complete liability defensively against a physically strong Reading midfield.

Jones 4 - nothing of note.

Reach 5 - a couple of decent crosses but I just don't see why we bought him - does not have the quality.

Rhodes 5 - some decent headers but nothing of note in general. Probably should have scored.

Winnall 4 - tried his best as ever but he looks short of quality for me.

Subs

Macca 4 - nothing much.

Fletch 4 - just doesn't seem to do anything when we bring him on.

Atdhe N/A - not really on long enough to assess.

43 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Buckley was excellent, Hunt and Reach had good games too.

Overall it wasn't a bad performance against a well organized side, definitely deserved a point if not all 3. 

Not a bad performance ffs!! Have you been...we never laid a glove

Westwood 5 Reyt strop at the end & just walked off.... Cheers Westy ffs

Fox 5 Caught out by Kerrmorgant for their opener.

Hunt 5 Did it tough tonight. Didn't really have anything to do defensively 

Loovens 4 Ponderous, touch like an elephant 

Lees 5 Ponderous but more mobile than Loovens

Jones 4 Another game that simply passed him by

Bannan 5 Plenty of running but no bite or direction

Reach 7 Always a threat but lacking in confidence in front of goal

Buckley 7 Some good moments. Needs games, but they're running out now

Winnall 5 Feel sorry for him, having to come deep for the ball because of the poor central midfield

Rhodes 6 Can't play with his back to goal, needs better service and more protection from the referee

Fletcher 4 Offered very little

Nuhiu 3 Ran on looking 8 feet taller than the rest and then jumped like an Umpa Lumpa

McManaman 6 lively and needs more pitch time

All in all, very frustrating. For the most part we've not threatened and then in the last 6-8 mins you wonder how we've not got at least a point. But we are so predictable and as soon as we've conceded inside 15 minutes you know that it's going to be the same old same old sadly.

Theyve obviously seen were slow starters and went at us from the KO,got the early goal and thereafter protected the lead,played us on the counter and dug in second half,weve no pace to open them up down the flanks,and theyve crowded us out in CM,Bannan barely found a hole to thread a pass allnight.Job done and all credit JS and his team.We missed all our creative outlets.

Thought we created enough chances to take at least a point,but we got found wanting in the final third.

We have too many key players missing to fight back,wel miss the bus this season,we lack pace and height,the efforts good but we cant play a high line from the back because our back four lack pace.We need an english manager.

As for MOM easily Buckley,thought Reach did ok as well after that mostly 5s or 4s

Al hasbi had a good game but pretty much all our efforts were tame lazy half hit shots straight at him. Absolutely no composure. 

Horrendous result, horrendous performance. 

Carlos has rotted our team away. 

Playoffs are slipping away. 

He has to go. 

1 win in 6 is a disgrace. 

Getting the worst out of a very good squad. 

0 Nuhiu (came on too late to rate)

3 Fletcher

5 Loovens Jones

6 Westwood Hunt Lees Fox Bannon Winall

6.5 Reach Rhodes

7 MacManaman

7.5 Buckley

Without slating here goes.............

11 corners to their 3 but not great delivery

Attempts on goal 16 (BBC reckon 21) them 8

on target 6 (BBC reckon 9) them 3

goals 0 them 2

roughly we 33% on target them 45%

Big question - why can't we breakdown 4-5-1? could we have adapted our game plan earlier? changed formation to match them up particularly in midfield? we virtually 3 at back with Hunt pushing on which should have pushed one wide player further forward as a 3 up top, no? maybe I got it wrong...............

keep believing guys even though its tough right now we need to be all on same hymnsheet for next 2 months at least

wawaw

Edited by ash60s

8 hours ago, eddyowl123 said:

MoM was Al-Habsi, good game from him and a few really, really top saves.

From us? Eh, I'm not sure. I thought Lees looked fairly assured, but he always does, it wasn't exactly outstanding from him it's more just his base level is fairly solid. Buckley' performance was a nice surprise, looked lively. Rhodes' movement was good and he got in some good positions, but he was let down by poor finishing tonight, and also denied by a good keeper too.

The rest? On the whole weren't at the races. Fox's effort which hit the woodwork was the highlight of his game, besides that he and the rest of the defenders offered little. Reach was wasteful and didn't seem to know what he was doing, poor game from him. Jones struggled tonight, didn't get stuck in like I hoped he would. Bannan was largely absent, expect a lot better from him. Winnall tried hard but it didn't come off for him. The subs were all largely ineffective for me.

Where do we go from here? We've watched one team completely stifle the life out of the game tonight - and very successfully, too - and another who looked more and more resigned to defeat the longer it went on. We lacked pace and urgency in the first half; we lacked spirit and desire in the second. We lacked quality in the final third all 90. I hope that we bounce back, that we take tonight as a (VERY belated) wake up call and realise that we won't limp our way to the playoffs, we have to go out there and take our place by force. And potentially it will be out of our hands from tomorrow, so we need to make sure that we're in a position to capitalise on any slip up that Reading or Fulham have from now on. I hope that happens. Time will tell.

UTO.

Good summary, but sadly I can't see us bouncing back. This performance has been 37 games in the making, and much as I like Carlos, he doesn't seem to have the ability to see it.

9 hours ago, eddyowl123 said:

MoM was Al-Habsi, good game from him and a few really, really top saves.

From us? Eh, I'm not sure. I thought Lees looked fairly assured, but he always does, it wasn't exactly outstanding from him it's more just his base level is fairly solid. Buckley' performance was a nice surprise, looked lively. Rhodes' movement was good and he got in some good positions, but he was let down by poor finishing tonight, and also denied by a good keeper too.

The rest? On the whole weren't at the races. Fox's effort which hit the woodwork was the highlight of his game, besides that he and the rest of the defenders offered little. Reach was wasteful and didn't seem to know what he was doing, poor game from him. Jones struggled tonight, didn't get stuck in like I hoped he would. Bannan was largely absent, expect a lot better from him. Winnall tried hard but it didn't come off for him. The subs were all largely ineffective for me.

Where do we go from here? We've watched one team completely stifle the life out of the game tonight - and very successfully, too - and another who looked more and more resigned to defeat the longer it went on. We lacked pace and urgency in the first half; we lacked spirit and desire in the second. We lacked quality in the final third all 90. I hope that we bounce back, that we take tonight as a (VERY belated) wake up call and realise that we won't limp our way to the playoffs, we have to go out there and take our place by force. And potentially it will be out of our hands from tomorrow, so we need to make sure that we're in a position to capitalise on any slip up that Reading or Fulham have from now on. I hope that happens. Time will tell.

UTO.

I thought Reach played well - along with Buckley, he was the only one prepared to take on players and provide attacking threat.

Westwood........... Actually didn't have a great deal to do,

Hunt..... did well on the whole, defended well and energetic going forward, but wasn't used on ocassion when in acres of space.

Loovens.... far too casual to the point of being sloppy yet again, poor and negative distribution.... and slow

Lees..... Solid on the whole, for first game back he looked like he'd never been away, much better and more positive distribution than his partner

Fox... pretty solid for the most part, but could/should have done better for thier first goal

Jones.... Did he play?

Bannan.... poor, lost possesion too often, didn't find his man often enough when he did try and do something and looked jaded

Buckley.... MOM for me.... surprised by his application and ball control but too often no end product, worked hard

Winnall.... went missing for periods, ineffective

Rhodes.... same as Winnall, but a couple of flashes which on another day would have got results (header in bottom corner in 1st half for instance)

Reach.... bit of an inigma... a few glimpses of skill and effort, but no end product to speak of.

McManaman.... disapointing, didn't have an impact

Fletcher.... ran about a bit, not effective

Dave.... couple of minutes on the pitch... Why?

Obvious from that where the problems lay..... midfield, cried out for Abdi, Nando, Hutch and Wallace.... and oh yes, Mcguggan (at his best), remember him?

Westy -kicking poor

Fox - their right winger had loads of space but they worked so they always outnumbered us in critical areas of the pitch

Loovens - so slow

Buckley - tried hard

Rest - ineffective but that is down to tactics

A lot of posters highlight Buckley as having a good game. I was disappointed with his contribution. He made poor decisions when he got into good areas by wanting to beat the man he had just beaten and his lack of effort to attempt to challenge for the ball was excruciating.  He wasn't the worst but our midfield looked so lightweight pedestrian and lacking in ideas. It was another game where we struggled to break a team down. Just what on earth do they do on the training ground? Corners and free kicks we have no threat whatsoever.