Poll: Man of the Match vs Reading...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Reading  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Reading?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Fox
    • Jones
    • Bannan
    • Buckley
    • Rhodes
    • Winnall
    • Reach
    • McManaman
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu

This should make interesting reading tonight.

Buckley for me, only him and reach performed.

We didn't play badly, but didn't play well.

Probably should've scored, Al habsi plus poor finishing the only reason we didn't. 

Poor distribution and losing every single 2nd ball killed us.

Rhodes awful. Yet again misses golden chances. 

Winnall is wasted at the moment. doing too much donkey work for everyone else.

Too slow in attack, not aggressive enough in defence. Badly missed ff, Lee, hutch and hooper tonight.

Bannans problem is he's being too clever, but also suffering from a lack of quality around him. Can see a pass but too often it's either too clever, or the other players haven't seen it.

Needs to go back to the dogs of war style defence we had last year.

Too much punting it long. Fine Lees, loovens and westwood every time the hoof it.

Fletcher n mcmanaman shouldn't play again.

Confusing and erratic subs from Carlos, ruined our shape.

Westwood 6

Hunt 7

Loovens 5

Lees 6

Fox 5

Reach 7

Bannan 6

Jones 6

Buckley 7

Rhodes 4

Winnall 5

Scarecrow 4

Mcmanaman 4

Dave 5

MoM was Al-Habsi, good game from him and a few really, really top saves.

From us? Eh, I'm not sure. I thought Lees looked fairly assured, but he always does, it wasn't exactly outstanding from him it's more just his base level is fairly solid. Buckley' performance was a nice surprise, looked lively. Rhodes' movement was good and he got in some good positions, but he was let down by poor finishing tonight, and also denied by a good keeper too.

The rest? On the whole weren't at the races. Fox's effort which hit the woodwork was the highlight of his game, besides that he and the rest of the defenders offered little. Reach was wasteful and didn't seem to know what he was doing, poor game from him. Jones struggled tonight, didn't get stuck in like I hoped he would. Bannan was largely absent, expect a lot better from him. Winnall tried hard but it didn't come off for him. The subs were all largely ineffective for me.

Where do we go from here? We've watched one team completely stifle the life out of the game tonight - and very successfully, too - and another who looked more and more resigned to defeat the longer it went on. We lacked pace and urgency in the first half; we lacked spirit and desire in the second. We lacked quality in the final third all 90. I hope that we bounce back, that we take tonight as a (VERY belated) wake up call and realise that we won't limp our way to the playoffs, we have to go out there and take our place by force. And potentially it will be out of our hands from tomorrow, so we need to make sure that we're in a position to capitalise on any slip up that Reading or Fulham have from now on. I hope that happens. Time will tell.

UTO.

Buckley by a mile. Was a nice surprise to see him play so well. Reach also good apart from shooting. Central midfield overun tonight. That was the difference. Just missing too many key players. Hope we can get some of them back over next two weeks. Not losing sleep over this result. We've been desperately unlucky with injuries at a crucial time but if things don't improve we won't deserve to be in play offs anyway.