Thanks for the memories Carlos

Just looked at who is available. There's a German guy called Roger Schmidt who has an overall average of 1.8 points per game. Former Bayer Leverkusen and Salzberg manager. Anyone know anything about him?

Seems to have a decent record.

Edited by Kevan
Typo

On 3/17/2017 at 23:01, Mr Farrell said:

It's taken the Apologists while to get here, but I think they are starting to see what the rest of us have seen for 8 months.

Ooops

lol

Fantastic thread to read through.

Edited by BIG D

To be fair most of the comments in here are valid we were playing shocking football, couldn't score goals and looked like dropping away from the play offs. Fair play to Carlos for completely turning it around we've been fantastic since Reading at Hillsborough, players like Hooper and Lee returning + Fletcher form has helped massively, football can change so quickly. Hopefully we can all have a laugh at this thread end of May as mentioned above :biggrin:

1 minute ago, swfcjack27 said:

To be fair most of the comments in here are valid 

No they aren't. They're a mad rush to judgment, often motivated by a deep-seated distrust of Carlos among some fans that never seems to go away.

Not sure how it can be valid to say he's been found out and we need to get rid to save our season if with two games left we're in with a shout of 3rd. They're rash, impatient and silly comments for the most part.. good examples of something that's wrong with modern football and why clubs struggle for stability.

1 minute ago, WC1Owl said:

No they aren't. They're a mad rush to judgment, often motivated by a deep-seated distrust of Carlos among some fans that never seems to go away.

I doubt that, surely nobody anywhere is questioning him at the moment.

Football fans just react to what they see and how they feel, you can't stop human emotions,  we were playing some dreadful football and losing games without much of a fight, it was worrying and people rightly voiced concerns.

Since the disappointment at Barnsley though ( after which I admit I'd completely written this season off ) , everything Carlos and the players have done has been pretty much spot on, I'd be amazed if anybody still has much to say against him now.

Just now, Lee A said:

I doubt that, surely nobody anywhere is questioning him at the moment.

Football fans just react to what they see and how they feel, you can't stop human emotions,  we were playing some dreadful football and losing games without much of a fight, it was worrying and people rightly voiced concerns.

Since the disappointment at Barnsley though ( after which I admit I'd completely written this season off ) , everything Carlos and the players have done has been pretty much spot on, I'd be amazed if anybody still has much to say against him now.

This thread goes well beyond people being upset over losing a few games.