Thanks for the memories Carlos

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, the fact that there's no parachute club in the play-off places is what's really sickening me. We can't assume that it will be the same in future seasons. Just playing out the season and postponing the inevitable seems criminal to me.

Agreed. Yet the clappers (where are they now?) would have you believe this is a much harder league than last season. It really isn't. But should the massively under-achieving teams (Norwich, AV, Derby etc) get their act together next season plus the newly relegated teams hit the ground running then next season really could be a hellish one to get promoted out of.

Guest The Horse

Whoever it is I just hope they don't follow the cursed trend of recent years.. 

Play attractive, winning football to start off with then shrink into themselves with defensive, boring and negative displays. 

No idea why that's happened. 

Jones, Gray and now Carlos all did it. 

Weird.

He deserves the chance to get us in the playoffs, which at present, we are in. If we don't qualify, I don't think DC will mess about. 

As for a replacement, if and when one is needed, that lad at Hull has only got a contract until the end of the season. He'd be my choice. 

What club sacks a Manager with them in 6th/7th position in the League?

last seasons overachievement is really starting to have a negative effect. We've been poo for years but now with the club in 6th position, 18 wins (same points total as last year) we need to show him the door because it's not good enough?

get a grip ffs.  

1 minute ago, Benjani said:

last seasons overachievement is really starting to have a negative effect. We've been poo for years but now with the club in 6th position, 18 wins (same points total as last year) we need to show him the door because it's not good enough?

get a grip ffs.  

what club sacks a manager when they are third in the league.... erm us and IT WORKED

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I don't think there's a chance of promotion this season under Carlos. It's now one win in six. Even if we get in the play-offs, which is unlikely, then would you be confident against Leeds and Reading, bearing in mind that both have already done the double over us? I don't want us to just meekly play out the season.

Having been to both Reading games I still would fancy our chances as stupid as that does sound after a 4-1 aggregate score line. It has not been their brilliance or system that has beaten us over the course of the two games it is our failings if that makes any sense, in not taking chances in the away game Joao 1v1 springs to mind fletcher having one cleared off the line as well if I remember correctly and yesterday evening their keeper having a fantastic game coupled with hitting the post and two off the line clearances by defenders. L***s is a different kettle of fish as IMO as much as it pains me to say it they were the better team on the two occasions we have played them and we really did create chances at a premium against them and still never really played a glove on them. Lots of pressure around the edge of the box but nothing of real note. 

I don't want us to just play out the season either and still think there will be something to play for on the last day of the season against Fulham, but I would at least hold fire until the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Benjani said:

get a grip ffs.  

If you think last season was an overachievement, when you look at the squad of players we had, can you tell me which side that finished below us should have finished inside the playoffs rather than us?

Cardiff? Ipswich perhaps?

The fact is with the investment made last season, 6th place was about right for the squad of players we had.

Since then we've spent roughly another £20m on players (when you include the reported £10m Rhodes fee) and I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to expect further improvement with that sort of investment into the side. I dare say our chairman was hoping to see a reflection on the pitch after his investment into the side.

it would be like him buying a new tuna canning factory and it now actually producing less than the old knackered one.

He is in it for the money at S6, and from a business point of view it would be a disaster if we fail to reach Wembley again

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Pearson is available.

Two promotions in a short managerial career.

Better win rate than Carlos.

Love how you back up your argument with a good old statistic.

talking of win rates. theres a manager out there who is number three on our all time list and available.

We have the right Chairman in place.

We've invested heavily in the right squad, all be it with no balance and weak at the back.

We definitely have the right fans.

Unfortunately, I don't think we have the right manager anymore, and he's taken us as far as he can.

Who's out there up for the challenge of taking us to the next level and quickly ?

36 minutes ago, Benjani said:

get a grip ffs.  

When a club is chasing down a very important position, whether that be 6th or 22nd, and take 4 points from 18 at crunch time, who wouldn't consider it?

Then add in the awful football.

Your loyalty and patience are admirable, but DC has to take a decision on whether he feels and hears that moral is good or bad in the dressing-room at this crucial time. 

My view is that we have been playing 7/10 all season, and right now around 5/10. If it were my money he would be out and replaced during the two week break with the best man with experience of winning promotions.

Will boil down to DCs view on whether our best chance of promotion is to stick with CC, or go with an 'impact manager' for the last few months. Just glad I've not spent the thick end of £60m whilst having to make this decision. 

He hasn't spent £60m to finish 7th, and the international break might just have come at the wrong time for Carlos. 

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Will boil down to DCs view on whether our best chance of promotion is to stick with CC, or go with an 'impact manager' for the last few months. Just glad I've not spent the thick end of £60m whilst having to make this decision. 

He hasn't spent £60m to finish 7th, and the international break might just have come at the wrong time for Carlos. 

Exactly. The other three in the play-offs aren't better than us, or rather they don't have better players. It is a glorious opportunity, as there is no parachute club in there.

I really like Carlos as a person but I honestly think his time is up now. This is my own personal opinion but I feel that a lot of what happened last season came down to the fact that he essentially got a free pass from everyone but now that we are expected to be gunning for promotion it's really affected how we set up so lethargically in games.