Thanks for the memories Carlos

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Pearson is available.

Two promotions in a short managerial career.

Better win rate than Carlos.

Probably the best available, realistic and out of work option to be fair.

Either get him in now or wait till the summer to find the right man (probably a up and coming manager or another foreign leftfield appointment). A change and a lift are needed.

Can't hold onto a manager based on last season. This season we have been a long way off those performances but somehow still find ourselves in the playoff picture. Not sure Chansiri will do anything rash whilst we still have a chance of the playoffs. The Summer may be a different picture though.

I've said it all season, there's surely a reason why Carvalhal has not spent longer than a year in any of his previous roles. Okay he's wrote a book on tactics but his stubbornness and lack of flexibility is costing us.

5 minutes ago, mr moody said:

Pearson has said he wouldn't manage a Sheffield team. I agree he'd be ideal, but unless he changes his mind it won't happen.

He might have changed his view.

He could be 11 games from managing back in the Prem if he comes to us. He has to win a limited competition against Udders, Leeds, Reading and Fulham. He would know he gets a great and ambitious owner. He has history on his side.

If you look down the list of runners and riders for the Boro job, I don't see anyone else you would prefer at S6 right now.

He could be 11 games from managing back in the Prem if he comes to us. He has to win a limited competition against Udders, Leeds, Reading and Fulham. He would know he gets a great and ambitious owner. He has history on his side.

If you look down the list of runners and riders for the Boro job, I don't see anyone else you would prefer at S6 right now.

Let's hope he has. Would definitely be my no 1 choice. But doesn't seem like the sort of bloke who goes back on what he says. Hope your right though pal. Would be ideal

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Boro decided to appoint Pearson, with history of keeping teams up and if they go down he's got history of promotions.

He's a winner, was our last trophy winning captain and he knows the League and what it takes to get promoted. He knows the club and he's a big part of the club's history, with the 150th anniversary approaching. It didn't work out at Derby, it would be a risk but maybe he could give us the lift, that we need? If not, then hopefully Chansiri knows of a decent up and coming foreign head coach from the European leagues that could excite us?

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

2 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Boro decided to appoint Pearson, with history of keeping teams up and if they go down he's got history of promotions.

He's a winner, was our last trophy winning captain and he knows the League and what it takes to get promoted. He knows the club and he's a big part of the club's history, with the 150th anniversary approaching. It didn't work out at Derby, it would be a risk but maybe he could give us the lift, that we need? If not, then hopefully Chansiri knows of a decent up and coming foreign head coach from the European leagues that could excite us?

Derby gave him 12 games, nothing to judge him by.

2 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

He's a winner, was our last trophy winning captain and he knows the League and what it takes to get promoted. It didn't work out at Derby, it would be a risk but maybe he could give us the lift, that we need? If not, then hopefully Chansiri knows of a decent up and coming foreign head coach from the European leagues that could excite us?

He lasted 14 games at Derby, which probably makes him their longest serving manager since 1975.

That Mel Morris is as mad as a box of frogs.

To get us up this season, I think he is the obvious (only?) choice among the available managers.

14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes, the fact that there's no parachute club in the play-off places is what's really sickening me. We can't assume that it will be the same in future seasons. Just playing out the season and postponing the inevitable seems criminal to me.

DC is going to have to have a long ,hard think about what he wants to do . At the end of the day he has invested big time ,and wants promotion . Does he still think Carlos can get us up this season , or will he decide a change is needed ? 

Will a change now swing things in our favour ?  Or is it best waiting till the end of the season ? 

This is the best group of players this club has had in seventeen years and my over-riding feeling when leaving matches at Hillsborough this season is one of boredom.

Carlos Carvalhal has been backed by his chairman in a way that no other Wednesday manager has been backed in a very very long time and yet he's turned us into a side who's attacking play is slow, boring, predictable and dull.

I would take issue with anybody who says he is getting the most out of the group of players he has at his disposal, further, when I look at the signings of Emmanuelson, Matias, Abdi, Jones, Joao, Wiggins, Reach, Hunt, Pudil, Keane and Fletcher, I would also take issue with anyone who claims that Carlos hasn't spunked a load of his chairmans money up against the wall.

For me it's clear, we will not finish in the top 6 with Carlos so we can either keep things as they are and finish 7th OR... we can make a change now and at worst finish 7th.

To me it's little wonder that he's never spent more than 12 months at a club and as far as I'm concerned it's time for a change.

34 minutes ago, matt_johno43 said:

I have been and still am a big CC fan and he should be given until the end of this season if nothing else but personally I think he will be shown the door at the end of the season either way, I think if we go up we could have a similar situation to what happened at Watford where DC decides to go with a manager who has Premier League experience. If we fail to gain a play off spot from the position we were in going into this recent run in of games the blame will rest squarely on the manager who couldn't get the best out of a talented group of players. I personally don't think the team is as balanced as it was in his first season and that doesn't help coupled with the injuries to key players namely Hooper and Lee but unfortunately for CC the squad depth should have be enough to cover for those missing. 

The approach that won us over as fans has changed so much and if I were him with us now presumably (if Fulham get a result tomorrow) chasing a play off spot I would attempt to revert back to type as we have nothing to lose really. I don't think folk would mind as much if we were having a go at teams with a real cutting edge to our play but at the moment we are just limping to the end of the season desperately attempting to cling to a play off spot. 

Banging the ball up to Winnall and Rhodes and looking for knock downs simply isn't working for starters they play two far apart as a pairing if one does win a header the other is too far away to capitalise. Neither is playing effectively two holding midfielders whilst the wing backs and wingers stand on one another's toes looking for those knockdowns. Bannan became such a favourite with us fans because of his runs right into the heart of a team committing the opposition and whilst this is more difficult to do in a two Jones clearly wants to sit deep so surely that should be the instructions for the pair. We are collectively too slow to second balls and our high energy pressing that we were praised so much for last year is no where to be seen this year and this has been IMO one of the biggest mistakes made this season, tonight being a key example of a side we should have put under pressure and effectively hunted in packs instead we sat off and rather than pressing in ones and twos attempted to do it individualy which played straight into their hands. 

I hope he proves the doubters wrong and I like 4000 others will be at Barnsley away belting out the tunes and hoping it comes good, but at this moment in time after sitting in a car for a collective 5 hours round trip for a very frustrating evenings football must say for the first time this season I am worried that unfortunately this season may well all end in tears. 

I don't think there's a chance of promotion this season under Carlos. It's now one win in six. Even if we get in the play-offs, which is unlikely, then would you be confident against Leeds and Reading, bearing in mind that both have already done the double over us? I don't want us to just meekly play out the season.

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

DC is going to have to have a long ,hard think about what he wants to do . At the end of the day he has invested big time ,and wants promotion . Does he still think Carlos can get us up this season , or will he decide a change is needed ? 

Will a change now swing things in our favour ?  Or is it best waiting till the end of the season ? 

Two weeks is a long time. He could think, decide, appoint, and give (Pearson?) a week with the squad ahead of two very winnable games.

Right now, under Carlos, I look at the remaining fixtures and see nothing but problems. Benitez, Colin, Holloway, McCarthy, Rowett, Barnsley, Fulham...just cant see where enough points come from.

There's no guarantees in this stupid game we love, but Under Pearson I would see us getting 5th or 6th and being favourites in May.

Edited by Holmowl

Two weeks is a long time. He could think, decide, appoint, and give (Pearson?) a week with the squad ahead of two very winnable games.

Right now, under Carlos, I look at the remaining fixtures and see nothing but problems. Benitez, Colin, Holloway, McCarthy, Rosetta, Barnsley, Fulham...just cant see where enough points come from.

There's no guarantees in this stupid game we love, but Under Pearson I would see us getting 5th or 6th and being favourites in May.

After what went on at Leicester i just cannot see DC ever appointing Pearson. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

It's difficult to say one way or another what's best and in football there aren't any guarantees (apart from the SPL or Arsenal going out early in the Champions League) but bottom line really is the amount of money Chansiri has invested and the reduction of excitement compared with last season. Difficult decisions and changes are needed, either soon or in the summer. We need a lift, be it a change of tactics or new head coach. 

Right now, under Carlos, I look at the remaining fixtures and see nothing but problems. Benitez, Colin, Holloway, McCarthy, Rosetta, Barnsley, Fulham...just cant see where enough points come from.

Yup if its ok saying keep Carlos when it ain't your millions, I think I'd take a punt on Pearson if I'd spent X amount of millions on this team.