Thanks for the memories Carlos

3 minutes ago, BathgateBob said:

Precisely who are we going to get. Especially at this stage.

It depends what DC thinks.

If he is of the opinion that we aren't going up with CC and he isn't the right man for the job he has two choices:-

1. Appoint somebody long term thereby giving them 8 matches to assess for next season - and you never know we might get lucky this season.

2. Forget next season and bring in somebody for 8 matches with a massive bonus for getting us promoted.  It is unlikely massive tactical inroads can be made in 8 matches but you might just get the boost required.

Pardew, Redknapp, Maclaren being obvious possibilities.

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

I've yet to hear one sensible suggestion for a replacement though.

I don't think you go for a long term replacement now - you go for an 8 match impact appointment - and replace properly in the Summer.

If it doesn't work, you are no worse off than keeping Carlos until the end of the Season and sacking him then.

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If he is of the opinion that we aren't going up with CC and he isn't the right man for the job he has two choices:-

1. Appoint somebody long term thereby giving them 8 matches to assess for next season - and you never know we might get lucky this season.

2. Forget next season and bring in somebody for 8 matches with a massive bonus for getting us promoted.  It is unlikely massive tactical inroads can be made in 8 matches but you might just get the boost required.

Totally agree. Wouldn't and don't think any of those would come or be better. (Maybe pardew).

People want Carlos sacked just for sake of it and hoping 'jones syndrome' kicks in.

I think he will stick with Carlos as he knows anything can happen in the play offs. 

There's definitely an argument that a change now could bring a change in mentality and stop the rot that seems to have set in, but it's a very short term view.

In reality the decision has to be made on whether CC is the right man to keep improving us, month on month, year on year. That progress has definitely stalled at the moment, but you have to take the long list of injuries into account to some degree.

Personally I certainly wouldn't be making a change without the next man being lined up to come straight in- we don't want a situation where we've got Bullen talking charge for 3-4 games. There's nothing to be gained from that.

Either we quickly line someone up with some real clout, or we stick with CC until the summer.

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

I've yet to hear one sensible suggestion for a replacement though.

TBF, Had you heard of Carlos before he came here ?

Hmm, thought not, guess your ears must be letting you down or summat, Mr C will  know, after all, had you heard of a sensible replacement for Gray?

2 hours ago, JUNNY said:

Things can change quickly in this league. Few week ago we could have gone 12 points clear of 7th by winning a game in hand against brentford, since then nothing has gone right for us, missed penalties, big decisions, injuries and injuries. We need to re group and hopefully get Hutch, fessi, wallace, hooper back after the break and go on a run, we can still achieve this season if we stick together and get some luck.. as bad as some of the players were tonight reading only won becuase their goalkeeper was inspired.

I bet your the type who would get engaged to your girlfriend even after she openly admits to cheating on you regularly.......

11 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

There's definitely an argument that a change now could bring a change in mentality and stop the rot that seems to have set in, but it's a very short term view.

In reality the decision has to be made on whether CC is the right man to keep improving us, month on month, year on year. That progress has definitely stalled at the moment, but you have to take the long list of injuries into account to some degree.

Personally I certainly wouldn't be making a change without the next man being lined up to come straight in- we don't want a situation where we've got Bullen talking charge for 3-4 games. There's nothing to be gained from that.

Either we quickly line someone up with some real clout, or we stick with CC until the summer.

Common sense, I'm sure this will also be Mr C's view..

13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That sounds the reasonable way to go about it because it might take time to find and get the right man. But who knows, just like clubs plan for future windows incase they go up and can attract better players, they probably plan or should plan for worst case scenarios too? Maybe Chansiri might already have someone in mind? Maybe he'll need time to find another leftfield long term forward thinking type of appointment? Unless he panics and seeks a experienced quick fix short term type of appointment?

Whatever happens and whatever is decided by Chansiri, things aren't going as well or as exciting has his level of investment or last season's level of excitement would suggest they should have this season. It seems like a matter of time but hopefully Chansiri gets it right, whether he waits to see out the season or acts soon.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

16 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Makes sense, doubt we could find a decent replacement in 2 weeks. Plus we'd need to replace CC immediately so they have time to work with the team for 2 weeks.

Edited by bluemagic

2 hours ago, iliveinthenow said:

I was a CC fan, but even now I cant deny it.

It's OK to still be a fan of Carlos but accept the reality that it's probably not going to happen with him.

I really like Carlos. I'll always support him and think good things of him but I question if he can move us forward. 

Nowt wrong with that mate

2 hours ago, Rfletch78 said:

Get a grip. Since when did we become Man U. Huddersfield just lost 4-0 to team in bottom 3. Do you think they want their manager out. Fickle.

I'd have wagner over Carlos any time .

Wagner had a a similar budget to Rotherham and look how he's got the dog bothering West Yorkshire lot ?

Manager of the year in this league for me .

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Makes sense to me mate. Wouldn't want maclaren personally, can't see us getting redknapp. Wouldn't mind pardew tbf. Get him in now. If we get to playoffs this season....bonus. if not, head start on next season's preparation. 

I have been and still am a big CC fan and he should be given until the end of this season if nothing else but personally I think he will be shown the door at the end of the season either way, I think if we go up we could have a similar situation to what happened at Watford where DC decides to go with a manager who has Premier League experience. If we fail to gain a play off spot from the position we were in going into this recent run in of games the blame will rest squarely on the manager who couldn't get the best out of a talented group of players. I personally don't think the team is as balanced as it was in his first season and that doesn't help coupled with the injuries to key players namely Hooper and Lee but unfortunately for CC the squad depth should have be enough to cover for those missing. 

The approach that won us over as fans has changed so much and if I were him with us now presumably (if Fulham get a result tomorrow) chasing a play off spot I would attempt to revert back to type as we have nothing to lose really. I don't think folk would mind as much if we were having a go at teams with a real cutting edge to our play but at the moment we are just limping to the end of the season desperately attempting to cling to a play off spot. 

Banging the ball up to Winnall and Rhodes and looking for knock downs simply isn't working for starters they play two far apart as a pairing if one does win a header the other is too far away to capitalise. Neither is playing effectively two holding midfielders whilst the wing backs and wingers stand on one another's toes looking for those knockdowns. Bannan became such a favourite with us fans because of his runs right into the heart of a team committing the opposition and whilst this is more difficult to do in a two Jones clearly wants to sit deep so surely that should be the instructions for the pair. We are collectively too slow to second balls and our high energy pressing that we were praised so much for last year is no where to be seen this year and this has been IMO one of the biggest mistakes made this season, tonight being a key example of a side we should have put under pressure and effectively hunted in packs instead we sat off and rather than pressing in ones and twos attempted to do it individualy which played straight into their hands. 

I hope he proves the doubters wrong and I like 4000 others will be at Barnsley away belting out the tunes and hoping it comes good, but at this moment in time after sitting in a car for a collective 5 hours round trip for a very frustrating evenings football must say for the first time this season I am worried that unfortunately this season may well all end in tears. 

Just now, Holmowl said:

Pearson is available.

Two promotions in a short managerial career.

Better win rate than Carlos.

Pearson has said he wouldn't manage a Sheffield team. I agree he'd be ideal, but unless he changes his mind it won't happen.