The Owls vs Reading. Official Matchday Thread.

12 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

I have thought about it ...and come to the conclusion it's possIbly one of the most cretinous posts I have read in ages.

Not to mention insulting every fan who for some reason or another has been unable to make the game.

Forming an opinion after 20 minutes of dreary play is obviously not allowed either.

Why is it cretinous?.....how can you pass judgement on a match, if you aren't actually watching it??..that seems logical to me

Just now, Triple O said:

Wonder if the udders fans are suicidal like most on here?

Whilst I agree some on there are over the top, Huddersfield have a 10 point cushion between them and Fulham so they don't have the same imminent concerns about dropping down to 7th. 

1 minute ago, OutspokenTom said:

As an aside, how do you pronounce Carvalhal.

Phonetically is CAR VAL HAL or CAR VAL HE AL?

I keep berating those using the latter, but they are probably better educated

If you remember Ricardo Carvalho, ex-Chelsea and Real Madrid centre half, it's the same as him - Car-val-i-al

1 minute ago, Triple O said:

Wonder if the udders fans are suicidal like most on here?

They've probably seen some hunger and fight in their players this season. 

We're rolling over and about to slide down the league. For the money we've spent this season we're underperforming and at least 3 places lower than what we should be. 

36 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Whilst I agree some on there are over the top, Huddersfield have a 10 point cushion between them and Fulham so they don't have the same imminent concerns about dropping down to 7th. 

And have played some really entertaining football this season

1 minute ago, OutspokenTom said:

As an aside, how do you pronounce Carvalhal.

Phonetically is CAR VAL HAL or CAR VAL HE AL?

I keep berating those using the latter, but they are probably better educated

I think its the latter phonetically speaking. 

1 minute ago, wakefieldowl said:

Why is it cretinous?.....how can you pass judgement on a match, if you aren't actually watching it??..that seems logical to me

Guys come on let's not fallout over us blowing the playoffs, if it's not our turn screw it, we start again next year.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Carlos, as usual, stresses the importance of a fast start. As usual, it seems we do the exact opposite. Is Carlos just saying what he thinks the fans want to hear, or are players not responding to his instructions

Carlos needs to grow some,  he has no idea how to use the team around him. He's still experimenting with only a few games to go.