Leeds Evening Post

27 minutes ago, daftpenguin said:

Just to back up an earlier comment: Phil Hay's relegation predictions for 2015/16:

Think that might give you a clue as to how his perspective leans. 'Yorkshire' Post my a**e.

daftpenguin,

I have said this in the past and it obviously needs saying again.

The  YORKSHIRE EVENING POST.

is NOT the same paper as the

YORKSHIRE POST.

The evening post is a L**ds paper and as such it comes up with biased articles to suit its readership.

Look at it this way -   how many pro- L**ds  articles do you read in the 

Sheffield Star ?

The YORKSHIRE POST covers football teams throughout our great county and generally has good coverage of  Sheffield Wednesday.........

Ps, I have no commercial interests in either paper.

But I don't like to see the 

YORKSHIRE POST unfairly criticised for stuff printed in a different newspaper. 

Criticism is fine ,but make sure it is aimed in the right direction...    

.              lol

Guest Verloc
7 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

As above.

Although the fact the Leeds paper calls itself the 'Yorkshire' something shows how Leeds has kind of appointed themselves as capital of all Yorkshire.

Huddersfield Town calls itself "The Yorkshire Club".

1 hour ago, Ian_D said:

Not like Leeds scum to talk us down is it? They must have a real chip on their shoulder

In fairness to the article our recent poor run of form and current lack of defenders,must raise some doubts about our promotion prospects. 

The Reading game feels huge now, but over the last couple of seasons we've often pulled out a result when we've really needed to. I desperately hope we do the business tomorrow, otherwise it really will be squeaky bum time.

Guest Verloc
1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Phil Hay is and always has been very anti Wednesday. And incredibly biased towards Leeds. In his predictions for last season he had us down to get relegated. So leave it at that. He's an absolute c0ck womble.

Phil Hay supports Hearts. However, he's hardly going to print anti-Leeds stuff for his Leeds readership is he?

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Phil Hay is and always has been very anti Wednesday. And incredibly biased towards Leeds. In his predictions for last season he had us down to get relegated. So leave it at that. He's an absolute c0ck womble.

Completely agreed. 

1 hour ago, np pontefract said:

daftpenguin,

I have said this in the past and it obviously needs saying again.

The  YORKSHIRE EVENING POST.

is NOT the same paper as the

YORKSHIRE POST.

The evening post is a L**ds paper and as such it comes up with biased articles to suit its readership.

Look at it this way -   how many pro- L**ds  articles do you read in the 

Sheffield Star ?

The YORKSHIRE POST covers football teams throughout our great county and generally has good coverage of  Sheffield Wednesday.........

Ps, I have no commercial interests in either paper.

But I don't like to see the 

YORKSHIRE POST unfairly criticised for stuff printed in a different newspaper. 

Criticism is fine ,but make sure it is aimed in the right direction...    

.              lol

It's a struggle to find pro Wednesday articles in The Sheffield Star lol

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

As above.

Although the fact the Leeds paper calls itself the 'Yorkshire' something shows how Leeds has kind of appointed themselves as capital of all Yorkshire.

They have tried many times over the years to expand their readership to include other parts of yorkshire, but without much success. 

In part due to the heavily Leeds centric 

News coverage.

A more accurate title would be the....

LEEDS EVENING POST..

Of course, properly speaking.....

YORK is the capital of Yorkshire !..

Sheffield is "The Gateway to

YORKSHIRE !"

I'd say that's a fair appraisal. When was the last time we beat Derby at Hillsborough? I know, now's  a good time to start you all say. lolNewcastle at home? Barnsley away, Winnallgate and all? When did we last beat Mick McCarthy? I've said eighth since before Xmas, so I'll take seventh. Bad news for Leeds, though, if we don't make the top 6. Because Carlos knows how to beat Wagner, but Wagner knows how to beat Leeds. If 'Udders stay in the play-offs = Leeds stay down, with 17K-a-week Wood off in the summer. Every cloud... :stuwinky:

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

C0ck Womble lol

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

As above.

Consider the following GDPs. Liverpool £7 billion, Sheffield £9 billion, Leeds £50 billion, Manchester £90 billion, Birmingham £130 billion, London £900 billion.

So Leeds is 5x wealthier than Sheffield, Manchester 10x so. Birmingham is as wealthy as thirteen Sheffields. We're the capital of nothing.

The Yorkshire Post, Calendar, Look North and the regional radio stations are all totally biased towards Leeds. It's pathetic that they seem to deem Leeds some beautiful haven amongst the rest of the plebs in Yorkshire.

Apart from a few more nicer shops and bars Leeds is absolute shyte, just like most places in England. 

The wankathon when / if they get promoted will be cringeworthy. 

Just now, Orlando_Trustful said:

The Yorkshire Post, Calendar, Look North and the regional radio stations are all totally biased towards Leeds. It's pathetic that they seem to deem Leeds some beautiful haven amongst the rest of the plebs in Yorkshire.

Apart from a few more nicer shops and bars Leeds is absolute shyte, just like most places in England. 

The wankathon when / if they get promoted will be cringeworthy. 

Yeah...but it's got a Harvey Nicks don't you know. 

Leeds has about as much culture as a yoghurt pot. 

3 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Not like Leeds scum to talk us down is it? They must have a real chip on their shoulder

To be fair , i find L***s folk to be balanced people .......... they have a chip on both shoulders. 

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Consider the following GDPs. Liverpool £7 billion, Sheffield £9 billion, Leeds £50 billion, Manchester £90 billion, Birmingham £130 billion, London £900 billion.

So Leeds is 5x wealthier than Sheffield, Manchester 10x so. Birmingham is as wealthy as thirteen Sheffields. We're the capital of nothing.

Don't recall suggesting Sheffield was capital of anything. Just pointing out the self aggrandisement of Leeds.