testimonial for Semedo

You know what flips me off most about owlstalk these days the amount of 'weres' that are used to show how traditional you all are.

Semedo hasn't been given anything he's earned it that is meritocracy if you are bitter about his wages maybe you should have been more  talented or been better at self promotion.

Regarding a testimonial why not he could probably fill Hillsborough if he called one of his mates up and got him to agree to play. 

Plus this could be great marketing for the club and they could probably piggyback off it for a while.

Everyone wins, you don't have to come!

16 hours ago, standerino said:

It's disappointing to see the amount of comments citing him earning a good wage as a reason why he shouldn't be entitled to a testimonial. I don't see how this is relevant at all?

some of the comments seem bitter towards him as if it's his fault he's paid well to sit on the bench. 

I'm not saying he should have one, but money shouldn't come into it either way. 

Of course money comes into it. The reason that testimonials existed was to reward players who had shown extreme loyalty to a club over their career and were soon to retire/already had retired or to benefit those whose careers were cut short by bad injury. This is back when they didn't get paid a ridiculous amount of money and had to then live outside of the football world.

This is clearly no longer the case and the majority of players - even bang average journeymen - will retire safe in the knowledge they never need to work or worry about money again.