Lucas Joao

I always liked seeing Joao's name in the starting lineup, but just hoped the chances fell to someone else. At Cardiff away he missed at least 3 sitters.

Fantastic decision to send him out on loan, clearly a confidence player and he'll be full of it now. His potential is massive.

8 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Far more.

Its all In his head. Once he matures we have a weapon.

Indeed.

At his age, i'd not have had the maturity to do a good job at what I do abroad.   Doubly so if I was on a similar kind of money I think.    That said, I hope this loan both gives him confidence and matures him, as well as proving to himself he is capable of more - hopefully with us.

9 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

The best place for Lucas Joao right now, is right where he is.

The best place for Lucas Joao at the start of next season is in our squad, fighting for a starting position after filling his boots and getting hungry for football again.

For me, more natural talent then Winall, just not the aggression to make it happen - yet.

And back here after 7th May , straight into our play - off squad.

Hopefully keeping up the momentum.

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Indeed.

At his age, i'd not have had the maturity to do a good job at what I do abroad.   Doubly so if I was on a similar kind of money I think.    That said, I hope this loan both gives him confidence and matures him, as well as proving to himself he is capable of more - hopefully with us.

Very good point on the fact he's in a foreign country. Can be easily forgotten. Im sure Lucas will fome

good. He's got everything you'd want in a modern day striker. Once he gets used to English football the goals will come - maybe they are now.

47 minutes ago, dehowl said:

Don't agree on this. He was bang out of form and low on confidence with the short term prospect of being on the bench or even not involved. Going to Rovers gas given him an opportunity and boy is he taking it. He will return to us all the better for this loan spell.

....Where CC will give him 5 minutes before he disappears again.

Highlights a wider issue imo - Could it have possibly been the way he was managed and handled here?  

This and McGeady show there are issues here under CC.  Also Winnall, prolific at Barnsley suddenly loses form as he gets here.

Something clearly not right here this term.

Also shows how quick some fans were to write these players off..but wait, what is that I hear?  Why Its the sound of backpeddking and humble pie being tucked into...

Anyone seen the finish? Proper worldie garymegson

In all seriousness, good on him tonight, big help for us. As I said before, I'm happy for him for getting tonight's goal and the other couple he's scored. But some of the responses on here... "why isn't he starting for us?! Miles better than Rhodes and Winnall who are both awful, plus it's Carlos' fault, he never picks him and hates him and doesn't know how to manage a team and Carlos Carlos Carlos..."

Be happy for the lad for getting a goal tonight. Be even happier that it's a goal that has kept us in the playoffs for now. Don't use it as ANOTHER stick to beat the manager/players with.

Edited by eddyowl123

1 hour ago, eddyowl123 said:

He could be a really great player for us one day. A bit of a run in the Blackburn side, scoring a few and according to a mate who supports them he seems like he's up for it every minute he's on the pitch. Great that he got Blackburn's equalising goal tonight, doing Wednesday a massive favour even when he's not in one of our shirts!

But...anyone seriously suggesting that we should recall him and start him ahead of the strikers we do have needs to have a word with themselves. It's a shame that Rhodes and Winnall haven't bagged 5 each yet, but I'd still rather have them starting than Joao as it stands. He would still be 4th/5th choice striker if he was back, so I'd much rather him be at Elwood Park getting game time and goals in the hope that when he's back with us he has the confidence to score more.

But...that said I'm still hugely happy for the lad, massive goal for him (and us!) tonight.

UTO.

A good post. I fully agree. 

Nice one Lucas.

We should all have had money on this.

All the Wednesday players must have been egging him on to score tonight in the build up and after bagging two at the weekend it just had to be Lucas on the scoresheet again tonight. It has really had me grinning like a fool this one. Who else can we get out on loan to destroy the opposition? Shame its too late.