Lucas Joao

16 minutes ago, eddyowl123 said:

He could be a really great player for us one day. A bit of a run in the Blackburn side, scoring a few and according to a mate who supports them he seems like he's up for it every minute he's on the pitch. Great that he got Blackburn's equalising goal tonight, doing Wednesday a massive favour even when he's not in one of our shirts!

But...anyone seriously suggesting that we should recall him and start him ahead of the strikers we do have needs to have a word with themselves. It's a shame that Rhodes and Winnall haven't bagged 5 each yet, but I'd still rather have them starting than Joao as it stands. He would still be 4th/5th choice striker if he was back, so I'd much rather him be at Elwood Park getting game time and goals in the hope that when he's back with us he has the confidence to score more.

But...that said I'm still hugely happy for the lad, massive goal for him (and us!) tonight.

UTO.

Aye. I'm genuinely excited by the potential of Winnall and Rhodes as a partnership. No matter how this season ends, next season we'll have a fantastic front line. Lucas has bags of potential too. Carlos might just have played a blinder sending him on loan.

I agreed with sending him out on loan, as with the way Carlos wants us to play, he simply wasn't going to get games Not sure this is the right way to though, we seem to have lost something since we started packing the side with championship journeymen

22 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Who on earth sanctioned the loan deal of Lucas Joao? 

3 goals in 2 games, he played really well tonight by the sound of things. 

There needs to be an inquest into why he wasn't performing while he was here. 

Terrible decision to loan him out, especially when we can barely score. (Apart from the Norwich game). 

Hi Lucas 

Well that goal just made my week.

Got to say I felt pretty deflated with the thought of the situation we were about to be forced into but thankfully agent joao was to the rescue when we needed him most. 

Really hope we go for it against reading. We need to be up for every game now and if we maintain it then we could still make something of this season.

What a lifeline :biggrin:

Edited by SupremeOwl

Regressed this season but 1 of few of our players with pace, better bench/away option than fletch/winnall now, but with more mental strength/maturity/self belief could put a fit hooper on bench too.

Hope he realises his potential with us but will probably be gone in summer and do an afobe lol 

The best place for Lucas Joao right now, is right where he is.

The best place for Lucas Joao at the start of next season is in our squad, fighting for a starting position after filling his boots and getting hungry for football again.

For me, more natural talent then Winall, just not the aggression to make it happen - yet.

Guest RocketOwl

Same amount as goals as Rhodes I'm far less minutes and for a team battling the drop.

Just saying. 

Why couldnt we show how the same faith in Joao that we are showing in Rhodes. That's the question.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, salmonbones said:

The best place for Lucas Joao right now, is right where he is.

The best place for Lucas Joao at the start of next season is in our squad, fighting for a starting position after filling his boots and getting hungry for football again.

For me, more natural talent then Winall, just not the aggression to make it happen - yet.

Far more.

Its all In his head. Once he matures we have a weapon.

Would be brilliant if we get into the play-offs (and win them of course) courtesy of the goals that Joao scores against our rivals for a play off spot.

Keep up the good work Lucas, it is thoroughly appreciated!