9 games to go

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Right so the plan is to not discuss the team unless it's positive on Owlstalk until the end of the season?

Righto.

No, I didn't say that did I?

But blaming the manager for everything is wrong.

I personally think the atmosphere has been ok players and staff should be able to handle it and get on with it. But they have raised "negativity" as an issue. There's not long to go and I just think there is some sense in knuckling down now.

We do have 9 players potentially unavailable and we still have people calling it an excuse. It isn't entirely for what has happened before but it could effect us going forward. A bit of a backs against the wall mentality rather than a "we've messed it up" mentality might actually help.

17 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Appealing to fans is like pi55ing into the wind and expecting not to get yr trousers wet.

It's utterly pointless and causes more problems than it hoped to solve.

And I'm talking more about managers doing it than fans on forums, but the same principle either way.

We are where we are and We are all in the same boat. Better of than the likes of Derby and others who also expect better.

We can still achieve something this season but you wouldn't think it would you.

Guest mkowl
7 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Put simply. A toxic atmosphere on this forum or pog does not mean there is a toxic atmosphere at Hillsborough. 

Its all happening in your head mate.

I actually think the atmosphere has been pretty tolerant inside Hillsborough this season. An air of frustration at times perhaps, but watching an attacking free kick end up at Westwood's feet tends to promote that 

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

Depends where you sit mate, some reight empty heads sat on North, Lepp end, type of maudlin characters that think the football club and life in general owes them a debt of gratitude for turning up to the odd match, wouldn't mind but they're still finishing off their pint and cig on 15 minutes, slag the team off for 20 mins then disappear on 35 mins, ditto for 2nd half.

When we have a full house and we're proper on it, there's no better place to be, but when we've got these rogue whingein tvv.ats spouting random incorrect sh.ite, it transfers to the pitch, the same toxic atmosphere you hear on RS or on social media most definitely is transferring to S6 and has been for decades.

There are definitely some neg for its around. Ive posted that before. But apart from maybe Brentford i think the general atmosphere has been ok sometimes great. Sometimes its a bit quiet and you can hear the idiots more.

People have every right to moan.

It's happened for 100s of years with football fans and it always will ( see arsenal).

We set the benchmark last year with less money spent and this year let's be honest some of our signings have not worked out , some of the tactics by Carlos has not worked out, fans saw this happening months ago. 

The style of football at Hillsborough this season is bloody awful to watch and we have a right to come on a message board and vent our frustration .

So before people come on here to blame the fans just remember this season the fans turned out in numbers to buy season tickets to support the team and Carlos but there is a limit how far the honeymoon of Wembley lasts.

11 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Fair point about it being quiet, the morons tend to be heard more, whatever happened to a random fan just standing up in the middle of a lull and shouting a lung bursting "COME ON WEDNESDAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!"? fists clenched, red face, full of passion?  Would usually get a few chants going in days gone by!   Happened that much in the past, even I've done it! :blush:

sanitisation of football i'm afraid.

A lot of premiership games almost seem staged and some football fans; Man City & West Ham last week simply disappeared at 60/70 mins, if they turned up at all. That must demoralise the players more than criticism/passion.

These last 9 critical games; and I hope it's 9 or more, are very important, particularly the 5 at home. The fans, manager and players need to be as one until its conclusion.

What happens then will be clearly played out to the full on here with passion I imagine.

10 hours ago, Grandad said:

The self destruct button has been well and truly pressed, and it's the boring whinging, nothing is ever good enough attention seeking w4nkers of fans we have that have pressed it 

Said it weeks ago, before the club and players acknowledged them. The toxic atmosphere and negativity has spread to the players, and the lack of belief has gone along with it. 

It will take some turning around, and sadly I think they'll get their way, the manager will go and performances won't improve for some time. 

Well done you ar5e4oles. You've set us back. Again. 

^^^

lol  

If you feel so strong and it's clear you do with the amount of abuse you've come out with why don't you confront these so called people at the games instead of calling them and doing nothing behind your keyboard ???

You never know ..it might stop them ?

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Positivity!!

the club should put some type of pre-match entertainment for the remaining league games, get fans in early, also have some oldskool Wednesday tunes blaring out, could get the big screen showing highlights of the '91 LC semi 2nd leg vs Chelsea, Shez's strike in the final, big Nige lifting the cup, the semi win over the pigs at Wembley, the 2005 play off semi goals and final win, Bully lifting the trophy, the Antonio Carlisle goal, the Wycombe final whistle, the Arsenal goals, the Brighton play off goals, whip the fans up to a frenzy!!

Or just tell the team to turn up and maybe it's time they turned up to volume and played attack minded football ...could help ?

18 minutes ago, Animis said:

sanitisation of football i'm afraid.

A lot of premiership games almost seem staged and some football fans; Man City & West Ham last week simply disappeared at 60/70 mins, if they turned up at all. That must demoralise the players more than criticism/passion.

These last 9 critical games; and I hope it's 9 or more, are very important, particularly the 5 at home. The fans, manager and players need to be as one until its conclusion.

What happens then will be clearly played out to the full on here with passion I imagine.

Regardless of what happens on here the fan will be right behind the team when its critical like on Friday night. 

Unless things go badly wrong and then....

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Have I missed all these games where we've been ragged about and battered 4 or 5 nil???!??

We are fv.ckin 6th!!!!!

Jaysus wept!!

For now we are yeah and I really hope I hear you say that for the next 9 games .

I can only think of one decent game at Hillsborough this season  and that's the Norwich game last week .

In all the others we have not looked like a team that looks like going up.

The home games last season made me feel much more confident walking to hillsbro  ....it never would have said Burton could be a banana skin but I find myself constantly saying it this year because the football has been sub standard.

35 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

^^^

lol  

If you feel so strong and it's clear you do with the amount of abuse you've come out with why don't you confront these so called people at the games instead of calling them and doing nothing behind your keyboard ???

You never know ..it might stop them ?

Because he's too busy being ITK and felching Hirsty as hard as he can. 

1 hour ago, poite said:

So basically then, anyone who has a different opinion to you is a 'div' and never goes to any of the games.

Reyt...

You have been negative throughout the season. 

Constantly sniping and b*tching about the team 

Funnily enough you went all quiet last weekend when we stuck 5 past Norwich. 

You might be a fan, but you sure as hell haven't done much of a job of supporting this season. 

But hey, you keep crying about how you've been persecuted for having your radically different opinion. 

1 minute ago, supersiggi said:

Because he's too busy being ITK and felching Hirsty as hard as he can. 

Just find it bizarre how he can pop up from time to time calling ppl w4nkrs on here for having an opinion and because he's had a few vodkas thinks it's okay.

Everyone is hurting....and the reason for that is because we all know we've been misfiring all season when the reality of it was this was a great opportunity missed for automatic with the collapse of Norwich and villa .

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You have been negative throughout the season. 

Constantly sniping and b*tching about the team 

Funnily enough you went all quiet last weekend when we stuck 5 past Norwich. 

You might be a fan, but you sure as hell haven't done much of a job of supporting this season. 

But hey, you keep crying about how you've been persecuted for having your radically different opinion. 

I would absolutely love to see the proof of me constant sniping and b***ing about the team. 

I've never called for the managers head. I've never slagged off a player personally.

Edited by poite

4 minutes ago, LoOkOut said:

Just find it bizarre how he can pop up from time to time calling ppl w4nkrs on here for having an opinion and because he's had a few vodkas thinks it's okay.

Everyone is hurting....and the reason for that is because we all know we've been misfiring all season when the reality of it was this was a great opportunity missed for automatic with the collapse of Norwich and villa .

He's a true fan.  

Guest keepitsteel67

Can we have a 'tears section' of Owlstalk where people can go to cry about things instead of affecting the people who know we've got a real battle on our hands now

12 minutes ago, poite said:

I would absolutely love to see the proof of me constant sniping and b***ing about the team. 

I've never called for the managers head. I've never slagged off a player personally.

Find my some positive comments you've made this season. 

Seriously. Even if you haven't posted "I want the manager out" you've done little else but spout endless negativity. 

All the negativity on here stems from the negative tactics and baffling team selections and substitutions employed by our head coach, every time we get ourselves into a position to land a blow and really get amongst the clubs above us we seem to fornicate it up.A glorious opportunity this season and we are reduced to hoping that we can beat the likes of Reading at home and looking nervously over our shoulders at Fulham.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Find my some positive comments you've made this season. 

Seriously. Even if you haven't posted "I want the manager out" you've done little else but spout endless negativity. 

lol I take it you couldn't find anything then. 

I'd ask you to show me the proof of my 'endless negativity' but I wouldn't want you wasting anymore time.