9 games to go

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

The self destruct button has been well and truly pressed, and it's the boring whinging, nothing is ever good enough attention seeking w4nkers of fans we have that have pressed it 

Said it weeks ago, before the club and players acknowledged them. The toxic atmosphere and negativity has spread to the players, and the lack of belief has gone along with it. 

It will take some turning around, and sadly I think they'll get their way, the manager will go and performances won't improve for some time. 

Well done you ar5e4oles. You've set us back. Again. 

This post is more toxic than any post I've seen criticizing the football.

It's fans like you that are the toxic ones.

9 hours ago, Kevan said:

I'm pretty sure that nobody would rather see us out of the top 6.  The concern from people regarding performances is that ultimately poor performances will be reflected in poor results, as has happened over the last few matches.  That still doesn't justify contributors on here abusing other contributors just because they have different opinions.

Ever heard of the term, "What goes around around comes around?"  The truth is there are plenty of people on here who are desperate to see us fail for one reason or another - The biggest reason is that not everyone posting on here is a Wednesday fan, even though they say they are. 

9 hours ago, Kevan said:

I'm pretty sure that nobody would rather see us out of the top 6.  The concern from people regarding performances is that ultimately poor performances will be reflected in poor results, as has happened over the last few matches.  That still doesn't justify contributors on here abusing other contributors just because they have different opinions.

What i cant get my head around is that people think poor performances are acceptable.

Yeah it's a laugh that we can play poor or average and still be sixth but doesn't it for one minute make people think that maybe that needs remedying.

We've played ok in spells but i honestly do not think we are getting the best out of what we have and to me that's not rate and needs fixing.

I don't think it makes a difference how positive we are. I'm sure at most away games the fans are behind the team but they'll play how they play and that's it.

8 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Style of play and what should and shouldn't have happened in transfer windows are valid concerns but neither can be changed now.

I think the criticism after the recent two games has been unfair really, Burton was a frustrating game and fan expectation in those games does have an effect. Today all things considered and with players out, nothing went for us. I'm more concerned by the injuries and the quality of Fulham.

All hands to the pumps now to see if we can do something.

Lots of Carlos defenders suggest the problem is opposition teams and the way they set up.

Well today we had the run of the game in the first half and still couldn't kill them off.

So whether we play against 11 defenders or against teams in disarray like Villa, we are toothless.

So all the criticism is just an honest observation and completely justified.

The problem lies with the team. Not with the fans. Fans just react to what they see. 

Edited by Bodhidharma

9 hours ago, Dot said:

cool

I'll come and sit near you then

its toxic around the rest of the ground

Basically in other words you don't even go so pipe down. I actually do attend and as a paying customer I'm well within my rights to grumble if I want.

13 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Lots of Carlos defenders suggest the problem is opposition teams and the way they set up.

Well today we had the run of the game in the first half and still couldn't kill them off.

So whether we play against 11 defenders or against teams in disarray like Villa, we are toothless.

So all the criticism is just an honest observation and completely justified.

The problem lies with the team. Not with the fans. Fans just react to what they see. 

We cant be that toothless if we're sixth in the league. 

Perhaps the issue is players failing to take chances as much as anything else. We called for the line up that beat Norwich to continue and where possible that has continued. The manager gets blamed at every turn. 

There are clearly some issues this season but let's do the appraisal at the end of the season as im not sure what it can achieve now?

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Perhaps the issue is players failing to take chances as much as anything else. We called for the line up that beat Norwich to continue and where possible that has continued. The manager gets blamed at every turn. 

There are clearly some issues this season but let's do the appraisal at the end of the season as im not sure what it can achieve now?

Well yeah but appraisals will happen whether another section of the fans like it or not.

The cold reality is that expectation of better than last season was always gonna be the case, particularly after the investment we had.

Just now, Bodhidharma said:

Well yeah but appraisals will happen whether another section of the fans like it or not.

The cold reality is that expectation of better than last season was always gonna be the case, particularly after the investment we had.

It will, but the OP is suggesting that we resist doing that under the circumstances and it would make sense

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

It will, but the OP is suggesting that we resist doing that under the circumstances and it would make sense

Appealing to fans is like pi55ing into the wind and expecting not to get yr trousers wet.

It's utterly pointless and causes more problems than it hoped to solve.

And I'm talking more about managers doing it than fans on forums, but the same principle either way.

Edited by Bodhidharma

9 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

As was said on Sky Sports after the Leeds defeat, with our players we should finish in the top 6. If we don't it will be down to Carlos' tactics...or lack of them. Blaming the fans is ridiculous. Fans are frustrated because they realize that we're blowing a wonderful chance to go up, with no parachute team in the play-off places. Those who back Carlos will regret it. They'll regret it even more when they see Leeds back in the PL next season.

To say those backing Carlos will regret it is a very strange choice of words. Are you suggesting we should not support the team in order to try and force Carlos out?

In all likelihood he will be here until at least the end of the season. So surely getting behind the team and offering your full support can only help the team's chances.

Guest Deleted member
46 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

This post is more toxic than any post I've seen criticizing the football.

It's fans like you that are the toxic ones.

Yes because what I've said on Owlstalk about a minority of vocal idiots is far more toxic than personally abusing our players and manager on twitter , booing players on the field, abusing them as they leave it (as happened at Leeds).

You keep justifying that though 

Edited by Deleted member

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Good post. There is still everything to play for right now. This is the pressure part of the season and how we respond to that will no doubt determine Carlos' future.

Given much of the discussion on here you would think the season has finished already. 

10 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Right so the plan is to not discuss the team unless it's positive on Owlstalk until the end of the season?

Righto.

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Yes because what I've said on Owlstalk about a minority of vocal idiots is far more toxic than personally abusing our players and manager on twitter , booing players on the field, abusing them as they leave it (as happened at Leeds).

You keep justifying that though 

I will agree that the Twitter reactions are nonsensical. In the ground you always support the team and the players.

I would disagree about on here, there is the odd hysterical meltdown reaction but in the main it is reasoned points that are being made 

I make no secret of being underwhelmed with this season. I make no secret of considering the head coach is partly responsible for this and it's been a bit chicken and egg in that negativity in approach and not getting the best out of an expensively assembled squad is creating that air of negativity.

Yep it's better than most the last 15 years but it ain't as good as it should be