Aston Villa vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Just now, RichieB said:

A CB should have been priority number 1 in the summer and that's my opinion if you dont like it then meh 

It was by all accounts - he went to Newcastle for 6M...

Just now, RichieB said:

The job of our scouting team to find wouldn't you agree? If they can't find a quality CB for the money we spunked on Rhodes they want sacking now. 

No excuses. A CB should have been priority number 1 in the summer and that's my opinion if you dont like it then meh 

I don't believe DC would want to spend that much on a defender...

3 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

Sat here at the ground and must say it was a disappointing first half.  We started well and they looked poor.  As has happened a number of times this season tbe play in the final third lacks any real quality.  Hopefully we come out fighting second half and claw our way back into this game. 

What's looking like our most likely source of goals? Winnall sounds like he's making a nuisance of himself, but not much else has really been highlighted on commentary.

1 minute ago, EccOvOwl said:

Carlos is into his second season, and he hasn't been able to get us above 5th place.. I've said it before but, maybe this is as far as he can take us?

lets just get behind the team and cc, no good moaning, a change now is not the answer, re evaluate end of season

10 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Villa shots on target percentage 50% Wednesday 16%.

are we playing with a different ball? 

Villa 4 shots to our 7 

A lollipop to the keeper is counted as on target whereas a screamer just past the post is off target ( obviously ) 

Stats mean little more than sweet FA 

Just now, slinger208b said:

I don't believe DC would want to spend that much on a defender...

I think you may be right. But goals win you games and defences win you league's and all that. 

He can't just neglect the defence we need big investment there too. 

Footballing irony, forget revenge on Bruce as its a nothing game to them. But fulhams manger might have the last laugh on us, after all we stopped his Watford winning the league. He could well be buzzing that he's taking our spot