Aston Villa vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, Philb125 said:

Really weird how people disliked gritty 1-0 wins so much until we start losing but playing well. 

Personally I was all for lucky, scrappy, dull wins. I know they are not mutually exclusive but I'd rather we were hard to beat first and expansive second. 

Not sure if this is meant to be a dig or not but I've always been happy with scrappy 1-0 wins.  Weeds have been doing it all season!!

5 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Villa shots on target percentage 50% Wednesday 16%.

are we playing with a different ball? 

With the notable exceptions of Wallace and FF, our shooting from 12+ yards is absolutely woeful. Has been all year.

Apparently Jones can hit a mean ball but I don't think I've ever seen him take a shot at goal in a Wednesday shirt.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not sure if this is meant to be a dig or not but I've always been happy with scrappy 1-0 wins.  Weeds have been doing it all season!!

No dig at you at all unless you were in the band calling for us to play prettier. Aimed at the masses that were. 

I know a few that weren't and more in middle! 

Sat here at the ground and must say it was a disappointing first half.  We started well and they looked poor.  As has happened a number of times this season tbe play in the final third lacks any real quality.  Hopefully we come out fighting second half and claw our way back into this game. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Really weird how people disliked gritty 1-0 wins so much until we start losing but playing well. 

Personally I was all for lucky, scrappy, dull wins. I know they are not mutually exclusive but I'd rather we were hard to beat first and expansive second. 

Gritty is OK away, home people expect a bit more flair

1 minute ago, bronxowl said:

This second half is probably the most important 45 minutes this season.

Correct. With all the teams below us winning as it stands, we need a result today 

Im confident we can turn this around today 

Just now, slinger208b said:

What about players being available and suitable?..

The job of our scouting team to find wouldn't you agree? If they can't find a quality CB for the money we spunked on Rhodes they want sacking now. 

No excuses. A CB should have been priority number 1 in the summer and that's my opinion if you dont like it then meh 

1 minute ago, bronxowl said:

This second half is probably the most important 45 minutes this season.

no its not 

No matter what happens in the next 45 mins we will still be 6th could be 5th

Yes Fulham could end up 2 points behind with a game in hand but they have to win to go above us 

Stop being such a drama queen

Just now, Mickjj said:

Sat here at the ground and must say it was a disappointing first half.  We started well and they looked poor.  As has happened a number of times this season tbe play in the final third lacks any real quality.  Hopefully we come out fighting second half and claw our way back into this game. 

Most useful post of the afternoon. Thanks for letting us know what's happening. :manager:

4 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Not auto. No chance and not with cc. Next season, Norwich, villa and Derby will all invest heavily plus the three that come down, I'd say at least two of them will be in the top 6.

Wish we had fulhams manager, if we did we would be challenging top 2 this season 

Carlos is into his second season, and he hasn't been able to get us above 5th place.. I've said it before but, maybe this is as far as he can take us?