Poll: Man of the Match vs Burton Albion...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Burton Albion  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Burton Albion?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Sasso
    • Loovens
    • Fox
    • Jones
    • Bannan
    • Wallace
    • Rhodes
    • Forestieri
    • Winnall
    • Reach
    • Fletcher
    • Buckley

4 minutes ago, trotter said:

Westwood - 6 - One great save but sloppy distribution.

Hunt - 7 - Got forward well but final ball lacking

Loovens - 6 - 

Sasso - 6 -

Fox - 4 - Crossing just awful

Wallace - 6 

Bannan - 7 - mixed night, some good link up and passing, but some poor passing too.

Jones - 6 - broke up things well.

FF - 5 - Off night start to finish

Winall - 7 - worked hard, no quality service

Rhodes - 7 - worked hard, no quality service

Reach - 7.5 - Looked our most potent attacker until he got moved to left back.  Prior to that, one of his best 20 mins for us

Fltecher - 5 - offered very little. Would have kept winnal on.

Buckley - 4 - had to do better when he broke in to the box at the end. 

Couldnt go last night.

What was wrong with Fox's crossing?

On Saturday he put plenty of early crosses over. They weren't top quality, but they were ok, and the quantity made up for the lack of quality.

43 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Couldnt go last night.

What was wrong with Fox's crossing?

On Saturday he put plenty of early crosses over. They weren't top quality, but they were ok, and the quantity made up for the lack of quality.

Too many times, didn't beat the first man or just couldn't get past their full back.  Disappointing from him compared to Saturday.

Westwood - 7 - Superb save in the first half, despite it been in vain. 

Hunt - 7 - First half, the Wallace/Hunt link up was looking threatening, and very similar to the standard of early last season. Final ball suffered too often, especially in 2nd half.

Sasso - 7- Starting to look a really good centre half. Playing with more confidence, and is without doubt, an asset with his ability on the ball. Not sure I'd be rushing Lees back with Sasso in this form.

Loovens - 7 - A fairly standard performance from him. Didn't have a look to do, but did it without too much issue.

Fox - 6 - Play predominantly went down the right side in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half Fox saw a lot of the ball, but never had the conviction to go past his man or put a dangerous ball in the box.

Jones - 8 - Thought he put in a very good display yesterday. Was positive in his play, reads the game brilliantly. Was a good foil for Bannan.

Bannan - 7 - Saw A LOT of the ball, a helluva lot, but didn't really do much with it. Aside from a few bursts of energy, the tempo wasn't quick enough, and the passes weren't decisive enough, to open up the very resolute, and solid Burton wall.

Wallace - 7 - Another good goal, linked up well with Hunt, surprised he was taken off so early. Always likely to put in a ball into the box that leads to a goal.

Forestieri - 5 - Very poor from FF last night. Total opposite from Saturday. Looked lethargic, disinterested in the first half, and constantly slowed the pace of the game down. Improved in the 2nd half (I assume after a bit of a rollocking at half time), but it was clear from early on in the game, he wasn't on it. 

Rhodes - 6 - Another game where he's not had a sniff of a chance (bar the chance in front of the Kop which had already been given offside). Produced some moments of good link up play, but against sides that sit in, we have to produce more for players with Rhodes finishing ability. That's where you win the points that matter.

Winnall - 5 - I keep saying it, but the more I see the lad, the more I'm convinced. Technically average, and mentally lacking (by that I mean, game intelligence). Stands out, because we're such a good side technically and mentally. Against a team that was going to offer zero space in behind, it had to be a game for Fletcher. Cannot wait for Hooper to get back. Rhodes playing off Hooper is a frightening prospect... on paper.

It was always going to be difficult, and Burton came and parked the bus, but thoroughly deserved their point. Defended very well, and to be honest, we didn't really make a genuine clear cut chance. We didn't play badly, and we weren't far more positive than the horrific displays against Rotherham, Barnsley & Blackburn (despite the fact we won all those games!), but you've got to start to question our ability to break down poor sides who come and defend. When you've spent as much money as we have, on attacking talent, should we be going 90 minutes, against Burton, without creating one proper chance?

17 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

Jones edged it for me. Looked the most comfortable on the ball and had a bit of intelligence to his play.

Overall though it was the same performance I've seen umpteen times this season. 

No ideas. No direction. No clue apart from side to side to side to side to side to side....and very few decent chances.

You need to watch the match more carefully then 

Burton were the most negative side i've seen at Hillsborough this season and the probing and trying to eak them out whilst camped in their half would not dislodge them 

I thought we were excellent on the whole last night 

7 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

You need to watch the match more carefully then 

Burton were the most negative side i've seen at Hillsborough this season and the probing and trying to eak them out whilst camped in their half would not dislodge them 

I thought we were excellent on the whole last night 

Yep we played well. Alright we didn't always get the bounce in front of goal but we still played well. They set up campfires in their own half, had more than their fair share of luck and still had to resort to gamesmanship. Maybe we should take a leaf out of the pig's book and start diving in the penalty area in big matches 

jones for me, didn't really put a foot wrong.

westwood 6 made 1 good save 

fox 4 looked poor from he off, CROSSING aaaarrrrrggghhhh

loovens 6 gave ball away a couple of times

sasso 6 decent game

hunt 6 didn't really do much or put a foot wrong

wallace 6  surprised with goal, didn't expect it going in

jones 7 was allover the place, played well

bannan 6 some shocking passes and crosses

FF 6 didn't really threat much

rhodes 6 should have scored infront of kop

winnall 5 worse game I've seen from him

reach 6 couple of decent runs/crosses

fletcher 5 did nothing

buckley 5 did nothing

overall credit to burton, parked bus and made it hard for us.

worrying thou with talent we had we couldn't break them down.