Jones played well tonight. The only issue I have with playing both him and Bannan in midfield (plus Wallace) is that they are all extremely left footed. It's quite rare in any midfield and affects the balance. 

Because of the way Burton condensed the pay the game was crying out for someone to get to the byline and cut a ball back. It's difficult when the wide right player is left footed and the wide left player is right footed as getting to the byline rarely happens without having to cut back.

Anyway, that's just heading off topic. Probably the best game Jones has played, just the balance seemed wrong.

Agree with most, he did well. 

He's playing to CC's plan of spreading play to attack down either wing. His short passing seemed an improvement on Hutchinson and despite having less presence than Hutch, I thought his tackling seemed less wreckless. 

Having Jones in our squad has helped us pick a good point tonight.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Thought Jones was excellent, as was Bannan. 

Agreed Jones looked like the player i thought we were signing, good at winning the ball and never often misses a pass. Bodes well for the run in, if he is back on form.

He was OK, nothing more but you could say that about most of them tonight

Bannan was the exception but why no Abdi or McManaman are they injured again.???

And Reach when he came on at right wing,.....then left wing, .....then left back... And that's just not a good  or fair way to play the lad.

43 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

Jones played well tonight. The only issue I have with playing both him and Bannan in midfield (plus Wallace) is that they are all extremely left footed. It's quite rare in any midfield and affects the balance. 

Because of the way Burton condensed the pay the game was cryingCc out for someone to get to the byline and cut a ball back. It's difficult when the wide right player is left footed and the wide left player is right footed as getting to the byline rarely happens without having to cut back.

Anyway, that's just heading off topic. Probably the best game Jones has played, just the balance seemed wrong.

Cc was right it was a game for CM, shame he was injured.

3 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Jones, Fletcher, Wallace....all ex-Burnley....how about some more "ageing" Clarets players for next season? Boyd, Arfield and Kightly should be up for grabs.

What a great post. 

Defensively solid.

Just lacked a little creativity going forward.

Although saying that, I did think the team put the shackles on him as soon as he stepped foot in the Burton half as for most of the game Bannan was playing more of a free role while the full backs were pushing up the field to support the wingers. 

3 hours ago, striker said:

thought he did ok, looked rusty to start with but grew in confidence. Positionally he was very effective, working well with bannan and dropping back to cover sasso when he had his surging runs.

Wrong thread but Sasso's skill and touch with both feet going forward are excellent.

Similarities with Picque going forward.

(probably the beard though)

Edited by Holmowl