Just now, SiJ said:

Oh and some lobber in the North seemed to be having some sort of exchange with him at FT. 

Perhaps he was telling he'd play well 

Old bloke behind me was berating Bannan at the end, calling him a greedy little bas@ard. Quite aggressive, to the point where a bit of slaver went on his fruit of the loom fleece. 

If he looked hesitant at times I would suggest it was down to the lack of movement of players around him.  I could probably count on one hand the amount of times we moved their players about and when we did we looked very, very good.

Most of the time players just seemed to hold position and hope the guy in possession could conjure something up themselves.  Such a shame as our pass and move game, on the rare exceptions we use it, is great to watch.

Jones was MotM for me.

40 minutes ago, ItzzOwl said:

Not he biggest fan of Jones, but tonight was sort of pleasantly surprised, although still left confused. 

His is ability to stop the opposition getting through is stupidly good, the amount of times he nipped in with an interception was great. 

However, is it just me or does he then look a bit confused as to what to do with the ball. It always seems to get stuck, and it drops the tempo an awful let when we are on the attack.

Not saying he played terrible tonight, far from it, made some crucial interceptions. Just trying to figure out why the ball looks lost at his feet.

if he had the ability to pick out an attacking pass, he would provide some real competition to Hutch.

I thought Jones was excellent tonight.

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

I thought Jones was excellent tonight.

I'm on the same page as everyone else, in he had a good game. 

Was for sure his best in a Wednesday shirt.

Would just sometimes like him to move the ball a bit quicker when he does win it back.

But defensively solid tonight, very impressed with that.

1 minute ago, ItzzOwl said:

I'm on the same page as everyone else, in he had a good game. 

Was for sure his best in a Wednesday shirt.

Would just sometimes like him to move the ball a bit quicker when he does win it back.

But defensively solid tonight, very impressed with that.

Excellent stand in for Hutch  tonight. I'm voting for him as mom