Not he biggest fan of Jones, but tonight was sort of pleasantly surprised, although still left confused. 

His is ability to stop the opposition getting through is stupidly good, the amount of times he nipped in with an interception was great. 

However, is it just me or does he then look a bit confused as to what to do with the ball. It always seems to get stuck, and it drops the tempo an awful let when we are on the attack.

Not saying he played terrible tonight, far from it, made some crucial interceptions. Just trying to figure out why the ball looks lost at his feet.

if he had the ability to pick out an attacking pass, he would provide some real competition to Hutch.

I thought he had a reasonable game - but the problem with Jones is that he is so terribly one-footed and always has to work the ball on to his left foot.  He has no ability to do the unexpected because he literally never kicks the ball with his right foot, - so can only go in one direction or - turn 270 degrees to get it on his left foot.  That said he did as the OP says make a few decent interceptions and tackles also.

2 minutes ago, ItzzOwl said:

Not he biggest fan of Jones, but tonight was sort of pleasantly surprised, although still left confused. 

His is ability to stop the opposition getting through is stupidly good, the amount of times he nipped in with an interception was great. 

However, is it just me or does he then look a bit confused as to what to do with the ball. It always seems to get stuck, and it drops the tempo an awful let when we are on the attack.

Not saying he played terrible tonight, far from it, made some crucial interceptions. Just trying to figure out why the ball looks lost at his feet.

if he had the ability to pick out an attacking pass, he would provide some real competition to Hutch.

Agreed did play well, man of match tonight from me.

2 minutes ago, ItzzOwl said:

Errrrm....... Didn't he slot the ball through to Wallace for our goal?

7 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Why aren't you a fan of his? Not being funny just curious 

Its that hat a lot of his passes tend to go sideways, even when others make runs. His defensive ability is quite good, but we lose a sense of attack sometimes. Always looks like he just wants to foul someone aswell. He's not really wowed me as yet, but keeping an open mind on him, not gonna rule him out yet.

5 minutes ago, flying-owl said:

Errrrm....... Didn't he slot the ball through to Wallace for our goal?

Funnily enough I was expecting that, although it was only a tap into the path of Wallace, but I see your point. Had Wallace not have gone for the spectacular and layer it off somewhere, no one would remember that pass though? But that saying, he did get an assist. 

16 minutes ago, Kevan said:

I thought he had a reasonable game - but the problem with Jones is that he is so terribly one-footed and always has to work the ball on to his left foot.  He has no ability to do the unexpected because he literally never kicks the ball with his right foot, - so can only go in one direction or - turn 270 degrees to get it on his left foot.  That said he did as the OP says make a few decent interceptions and tackles also.

Same usage of right foot as Bannan

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

Hilarious thread.

Listen to all the England internationals hammering Jones and Bannan for being one footed.

lol

I'm not hammering either of them. Just pointing out that Jones is no different to Bannan in strongly favouring his left foot