Barnsley allocation

9 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Likely to be around 4,700 due to restrictions, full details announced later in the week

Surely this must be 4700 as the initial allocation, with more to be allocated if required? I mean, we would sell this out in 15 minutes otherwise.

2 hours ago, Ryan the owl said:

Ticket office tweeted likely to be around 4700 due to restrictions, they must have got that from somewhere, they don't just make numbers up.

Stand holds approx 5,800.

They always have the first 2 rows off and are now not allocating us restricted view tickets (these are the restrictions mentioned in the OP).  This reduces our allocation by about 600 tickets to 5,200.

The club might take off a few hundred for directors and players etc leaving an allocation of 4,900 ish.  Take off away season ticket holders and you're probably left with the 4,700 figure stated above.

1 minute ago, Sam779 said:

Stand holds approx 5,800.

They always have the first 2 rows off and are now not allocating us restricted view tickets (these are the restrictions mentioned in the OP).  This reduces our allocation by about 600 tickets to 5,200.

The club might take off a few hundred for directors and players etc leaving an allocation of 4,900 ish.  Take off away season ticket holders and you're probably left with the 4,700 figure stated above.

Or the restrictions could be due to Leeds and Huddersfield causing trouble at Oakwell and they're not willing to risk it with another high profile game?

Just now, Ryan the owl said:

Or the restrictions could be due to Leeds and Huddersfield causing trouble at Oakwell and they're not willing to risk it with another high profile game?

The restrictions are from the restricted view tickets.  People who purchased those tickets were moving to other place and causing overcrowding.

Leeds and Huddersfield were both allocated just short of 5,300 which is less than Newcastle 5,500+ who were given the restricted view tickets.

19 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

The restrictions are from the restricted view tickets.  People who purchased those tickets were moving to other place and causing overcrowding.

Leeds and Huddersfield were both allocated just short of 5,300 which is less than Newcastle 5,500+ who were given the restricted view tickets.

Huddersfield didn't sell out. 

4,619 they managed. 

Edited by bradowl

3 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

I never said they did ;-)

:biggrin: Given position in league, averaging 20,000 for home games and they could walk to Barnsley in an hour it was a poor effort. 

Anyway a dingle is insisting on another forum full allocation will be 5,200, like others have said 4,700 is probably initial allocation. 

is this sag in action by any chance? I will be fuming if I cant get tickets . going to an away game now is almost getting impossible unless u have 600 to 650 points,u cant get the extra 10 points per game if u can not get a ticket for an away game ., I'm on 510 520 points it was good enough for hudds derby wolves now u aint a chance . if we go up it will be the exclusive right of 650 plus points to get tickets,yes these are top supporters who go all over but the rest of us cant join this club if we cant get extra points. maybe they should sell 1st lot to 700 pts and then maybe 500 pts next at least then id have a chance to get my points up and see more games.

34 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

is this sag in action by any chance? I will be fuming if I cant get tickets . going to an away game now is almost getting impossible unless u have 600 to 650 points,u cant get the extra 10 points per game if u can not get a ticket for an away game ., I'm on 510 520 points it was good enough for hudds derby wolves now u aint a chance . if we go up it will be the exclusive right of 650 plus points to get tickets,yes these are top supporters who go all over but the rest of us cant join this club if we cant get extra points. maybe they should sell 1st lot to 700 pts and then maybe 500 pts next at least then id have a chance to get my points up and see more games.

That's never gonna happen.  The ticket office uses TPP to filter and reduce the number of eligible people at any one time, that's why they have 9:00 and 14:00 sales slots on the same day, easier to manage for them.

It is hard to accumulate points now, with some clubs giving us so few away tickets, you just have to get them when you can.  I don't know your circumstances, don't take this as a criticism, but two years as a season ticket holder gives you 460 TPP and there have been enough home cup games in the last two seasons to get you to more than 520 points.