Eyad Hammoud

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know every club does this but always felt a little uneasy about these sort of deals to bring someone to another country who are essentially children.

Kids go to boarding schools in different countries from a much earlier age.  

And we'll probably move his family with him anyway. 

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Just thinks its a bit unethical to pay for a child to come to another country in the hope that it might help you win a few football matches.

If we made him go up a chimney and was beaten soundly and sent to bed without any bread then you would have a point.

But he will be well rewarded, have good coaching, taught a new language and encouraged to study etc.

Seems a pretty good deal to me.

1 hour ago, trevdi9 said:

makes me laugh when my lad was after trials the club said they couldn't offer him one because he lived more than 90 minutes away from hillsborough ,

Them's the EPPP rules the FA have laid out

How times have changed, the club are now willing to fork out x number of hundreds of pounds to relocate a teenager and his family to within that radius of Middlewood Rd. Mad really. 

11 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Just thinks its a bit unethical to pay for a child to come to another country in the hope that it might help you win a few football matches.

9 hours ago, Gregzthe1 said:

Ever been to Bulgaria? 

Now this I'd have a problem with - http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/30/20-month-old-child-becomes-youngest-professional-footballer-in-the-world-4208126/  WTF:

He's 15 so I think it's acceptable on the proviso that he's given the support he'll need and the education systems are in place which I am sure will be the case in both instances.

I've spent some time in Bulgaria and I can tell you with some certainty that this kid and his family will be more than a little keen on this move or somewhere (anywhere....) else if there is interest.

One a side note I hope Greg Batten keeps his focus because Plovdiv has a lot of distractions.....

Edited by Morepork

17 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know every club does this but always felt a little uneasy about these sort of deals to bring someone to another country who are essentially children.

17 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

if we don't do it then someone else will and they could possibly benefit. End of the day the lad will probably be eager to get a chance like the one we could offer. 

Asked & answered 

10 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

makes me laugh when my lad was after trials the club said they couldn't offer him one because he lived more than 90 minutes away from hillsborough ,

I thought he had a trial and scored loads of goals but they still didn't take him on?

19 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes I know what you're saying and am inclined to agree. It seems to be the way of it now though so I think that it is therefore imperative that appropriate resources are also invested in the youngsters' welfare/wellbeing over and above their football education/development.

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

I thought he had a trial and scored loads of goals but they still didn't take him on?

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

nope  he got 25 minutes was badly injured was told he would be back in for 6/7 games when fit  , then told he was to old when that didn't happen, and the other kids would moan if they signed him on professional contract which they would have had to have done so Iwas told, to cut a long story short ,  but the piece i was on about in the thread happen'd when he was 14 ,the club scouts came and watched him  wanted him to go in but the rules said 90 minutes was to far away from the club ,which was the norm at that time so I don't blame the club rules are rules , didn't stop Villa coming in though and making us an offer ,unfortunately the idiot refused ,

There was a song that went something like ...

Assambambood bood bood bood bood

Not sure if those lyrics are accurate but could sing his name to the song. Can't recall the title of the song or who sang it.

Arsenal will nip over this afternoon and sign him.

loan him out to Southend for the next 5 year then sell

him to Barca for £150 million. Simple...................

But dont worry we have got George ......................

Edited by outlaw pete
amendment

Apparently this kid has signed now 

https://topsport.bg/lokomotiv-plovdiv/iyad-hamud-veche-e-sobstvenost-na-shefild-uenzdi.html

Very dodgy Google translation...

Lokomotiv's Supermarket (Plovdiv) - Iyad Hamoud is officially not a black-and-white player. Today the youngster signed a 2-year contract with Sheffield Wendy.
On Monday, the footballer will join the team's preparation for the 18-year-old "owls".

In the first week, 18-year-old talents of the Wenzdhis will train on their own base, then go to a training camp in Portugal. Now is the issue of a license to play by the English Football Association, and as soon as this happens, the native talent club will receive the money from the Island on the account.

"Everyone is very pleased with the fact that I come to their club, which is a great compliment to me, they have met me very well, I am happy to have signed up, everything is at the top level, much better than the Bulgarian reality, Because I know this is my way of developing in football.

It is very important that there are two more Bulgarians in the team - Preslav Borukov and Stefan Gavrilov who will help me for my easier adaptation. But the setting and organization of the Sheffield Wells club motivates me a lot. I want to thank Lokomotiv (Plovdiv), all the people in the club and everyone who has helped me to develop. I thank the coaches who have done a lot for me. Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) stays forever in my heart, my first and born team. There I always felt like part of a big family. But now I am ambitious to succeed in England - the country where football is raised to incredible heights, "said the happy Hammond.

4 minutes ago, simpark said:

Apparently this kid has signed now 

https://topsport.bg/lokomotiv-plovdiv/iyad-hamud-veche-e-sobstvenost-na-shefild-uenzdi.html

Very dodgy Google translation...

Lokomotiv's Supermarket (Plovdiv) - Iyad Hamoud is officially not a black-and-white player. Today the youngster signed a 2-year contract with Sheffield Wendy.
On Monday, the footballer will join the team's preparation for the 18-year-old "owls".

In the first week, 18-year-old talents of the Wenzdhis will train on their own base, then go to a training camp in Portugal. Now is the issue of a license to play by the English Football Association, and as soon as this happens, the native talent club will receive the money from the Island on the account.

"Everyone is very pleased with the fact that I come to their club, which is a great compliment to me, they have met me very well, I am happy to have signed up, everything is at the top level, much better than the Bulgarian reality, Because I know this is my way of developing in football.

It is very important that there are two more Bulgarians in the team - Preslav Borukov and Stefan Gavrilov who will help me for my easier adaptation. But the setting and organization of the Sheffield Wells club motivates me a lot. I want to thank Lokomotiv (Plovdiv), all the people in the club and everyone who has helped me to develop. I thank the coaches who have done a lot for me. Lokomotiv (Plovdiv) stays forever in my heart, my first and born team. There I always felt like part of a big family. But now I am ambitious to succeed in England - the country where football is raised to incredible heights, "said the happy Hammond.

Put it through Google Translate again and it'll be a menu for a Polish cafe lol