The Owls vs Norwich. Official Matchday Thread.

Just now, Brando17 said:

defence very shaky lately imo,will have to up their game today against Jerome and Naismith

Exactly big test. Jerome gonna pin himself to Sasso. and Murphy gonna be a difficult customer on the wing aswell.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

It's about opinions. Sasso has cost us since then - can't believe he would leave him in. And if I was Callum Mc, I'd ask to leave tomorrow.

Still, let's hope we do the business - big game.

Of course he would leave him in.  No other option because midfield becomes too weak if we move Hutch.  If he had signed a CB or a decent defensive midfielder(not Jones) who can cover Hutch in these siuations, then we wouldn't have this proble

2 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No way was he going to play both McManaman and FF on the wings.  Correct decision to go with one of them only.  Apart from Fox that is the side I would have started with.  Poor bench though....expected to see both Abdi and Hooper on there.  Only Callum can really change the game from the bench.

Reach kind of changed the game against Birmingham.

I'm sure I read this week that Carlos thought of MacManaman as an impact player which seems to indicate he won't start. If it were me I'd give him a start and see how he got on from the beginning, there's always the option to bring him off. The lad has definitely got more life and will to win than some others display at times. Hope I'm proved wrong today, maybe he'll make another late appearance and get some service into the danger areas. Good Luck to all going this afternoon, wish it was me as well.:angry:

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, pazowl55 said:

Reach kind of changed the game against Birmingham.

Fair point.  Probably better poff the bench at the moment.

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Fair point.  Probably better poff the bench at the moment.

I am surprised he is not left back. Especially after Fox's performance last week but Carlos must feel his energy and drive when Norwich are tired are more useful.

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Of course he would leave him in.  No other option because midfield becomes too weak if we move Hutch.  If he had signed a CB or a decent defensive midfielder(not Jones) who can cover Hutch in these siuations, then we wouldn't have this proble

Because we've had a really strong midfield with Hutch in there haven't we...no, because he plays as a third CB. I'd rather see Jones than Sasso any day of the week.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, roundhayowl said:

Because we've had a really strong midfield with Hutch in there haven't we...no, because he plays as a third CB. I'd rather see Jones than Sasso any day of the week.

You would....I wouldn't.....either way Carlos agrees with me.  Lets just hope he's right!!

13 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

No way was he going to play both McManaman and FF on the wings.  Correct decision to go with one of them only.  Apart from Fox that is the side I would have started with.  Poor bench though....expected to see both Abdi and Hooper on there.  Only Callum can really change the game from the bench.

Same here. Fox is very lucky to start ahead of Reach. 

But it very happy with FF left and two strikers.

Now let's start with tempo and see Baz Wallace FF Rhodes and Winnall on that ball

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

So after persisting with rhodes/ff upfront hes gone and changed it around again , CC doesnt even kno who his best 11 are

Best to have two up front at home and FF in the hole away in my opinion.