The Owls vs Norwich. Official Matchday Thread.

That side just looks unbalanced and gives the impression we aren't going to change our style. Hope I'm wrong.

Winnall back is a massive positive. We have 2 of the best goalscorers in the division on the pitch. Feed them please Carlos. 

Got to give him respect for noticing ff up top doesn't work and we have winnall and rhodes which are two of best strikers in the league we shouldn't be leaving one of them out either. Just annoyed is stuck with Sasso and wallce but we cant have everything can we? also abdi out for two weeks again :duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Starting to think our main enemy is having far too many options and not having more of a regular 15 or so players like a lot of the other top 6 teams do. I know having all these options can be a benefit, especially with the frankly awful amount of injuries we've had to our top players this season. I don't know. 

Beensaying this for months - we have too many options and CC can't mold a team out of it.

Dont really know what macca has to do to get a start - he brings energy and spark, two things we sorely lack.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

You mean go hiding in games like Wallace?

Carlos likes a player that hides on each wing.

Reach would have been on the left not Forestieri. Then I am preety certain we would have seen McManaman for Wallace on the right.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

conceded a fair few chances in that game though. Norwich better going forward than Birmingham are. 

Might have to score a couple to win today.

I was replying to someone who gave the impression they weren't happy with the line up today.

P.S. Three is more than a couple...

It's a fairly predictable lineup - we'll struggle in midfield but nothing new there.

Decent firepower upfront but how much supply will they get? 

Wallace lucky to get the nod, along with Fox after his tribulations against Leeds.

90 minutes instead of 45 would be nice too...

Norwich won't be scared...

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

3 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I was replying to someone who gave the impression they weren't happy with the line up today.

P.S. Three is more than a couple...

What I am saying if I will be surprised if we keep a clean sheet against a Norwich side with a better attack than Birmingham. But we should score more than them. Hopefully.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

No way was he going to play both McManaman and FF on the wings.  Correct decision to go with one of them only.  Apart from Fox that is the side I would have started with.  Poor bench though....expected to see both Abdi and Hooper on there.  Only Callum can really change the game from the bench.