RIP Stevie Adams

Absolutely gutting. Steve was a proper character who will be sadly missed my many. Got to know him through tricky wingers at school. My Mrs is equally as upset cos he worked in her school too and she loved him to bits. He always had a smile, always had a funny story or quip and touched the lives of so many people. The positive things he used to say about my son and his football ability brought a tear to my eye when I first heard it. He'll miss him as much as us. 

This man deserves a minutes applause as much as any at our club. Not only did he work for us he was one of us. Hopefully his memory will be honoured at some point. Rest in peace fella. 

I never knew this person but reading these posts I've got tears in my eyes. Sounds like  a real "giver" in life and I wish I had known him.  So much enthusiasm and inspirational by the sound of it. I hope his loved ones read this thread so they know how much he will be missed.   I don't know you but I'll be thinking of you at the kick off today.

I have me Steve a few times, my son used to go to some of his coaching sessions and birthday parties when he was younger. I used to see his van about quite a lot when he was travelling round for his sessions.Now I think about it I havent seen the van around for a while and I am a bit shocked to read of his sad death.

He was always great with the kids he coached and always seemed to manage to make it great fun for them,which is a talent in itself!

RIP Steve and our condolences to your family and friends.

People often say that no-one is irreplaceable. This certainly does not apply to Steve Adams, it will be impossible to replace this great guy who got on well with everyone he met, and always worked his socks off with cheerfulness and massive enthusiasm.

He was always happy to stop and chat about all things Wednesday.  I am sure that his friends, all Wednesday fans who met him, the schools he visited, Wednesdayite who helped to fund his Tricky Wingers activities, will all remember him with fondness.

My sincere condolences to his family.

I will miss him and his “See You on the Far Post” farewell.

John

16 hours ago, BIG D said:

Just seen this on Facebook

Stevie Adams born 07.09.1959, former pupil of Myers Grove, founder of Sheffield Wednesdays football in the community programme, former player with Scarborough FC, Doncaster Rovers, WorksopTown, Boston United, Johnny Quinns All stars and CEO of Tricky Wingers, sadly lost his fight against cancer this afternoon ninth Palliative care unit at NGH, Sheffield. Born an Owl,Lived as an Owl, Died an Owl. Deepest sympathies to Grace Adams, Helen Moxon and Christine Adams. Goodnight and RIP my friend.Alan Marshall

I wasn't a close friend of Steves but met him while playing for Hillsborough Celtic back in the day (he was a lot better than me!) Tricky Wingers do great work in schools and have been at the school where Mrs BIG D works this afternoon. schools and have been. 

Sad 

I'm gutted.... I knew Steve when I was at Myers Grove back in the seventies, as a footballer he stood out from the rest, and he was a great kid as well. Always the joker was Steve! I used to go to Wednesday matches with him, and Wednesday back then were dire, but his great sense of humour made us laugh at the state of it!!!

I lost touch with him when we grew into our twenties and we went our separate ways, but I did bump in to him a couple of times on nights out around town, not seen him for a long time though....

RIP Steve......

RIP Steve

I don't think there will be many young wednesdayites who won't have been coached by Steve in the last 20 years plus. Whether it was via Football in the community, soccer camps or tricky wingers.

Was a very inspiring bloke who was always enthusiastic and clearly loved what he did. 

played against him a few times really good amateur player ,he was always very knowledgeable about the game. Whenever I spoke to him he always came across as a man who loved football,loved Wednesday and loved life.

Genuinely one the good guys.

condolences to his family.

RIP Steve.

20 hours ago, BIG D said:

Just seen this on Facebook

Stevie Adams born 07.09.1959, former pupil of Myers Grove, founder of Sheffield Wednesdays football in the community programme, former player with Scarborough FC, Doncaster Rovers, WorksopTown, Boston United, Johnny Quinns All stars and CEO of Tricky Wingers, sadly lost his fight against cancer this afternoon ninth Palliative care unit at NGH, Sheffield. Born an Owl,Lived as an Owl, Died an Owl. Deepest sympathies to Grace Adams, Helen Moxon and Christine Adams. Goodnight and RIP my friend.Alan Marshall

I wasn't a close friend of Steves but met him while playing for Hillsborough Celtic back in the day (he was a lot better than me!) Tricky Wingers do great work in schools and have been at the school where Mrs BIG D works this afternoon. schools and have been. 

Sad 

Just read this as ime in Tenerife at present, I played alongside him at Hillsborough Celtic too, absolutely gutted, great kid, pal and player, you will be sadly missed Stevie, RIP x

I wasn't posting on here when Steve Adams passed away so I'd just like to pass my condolences on to his family now.

what a great professional man he was he coached my son for years. I always enjoyed our chats, 

Rest iIn Peace Steve Adams. 

Only just seen this thread.

I didn't know Steve well, but I did once go out for a night out with him, along with my brother who knew Steve at the time, from the football in the community, which my brother was also involved in.

My brother always spoke very highly of Steve and I also remember myself from when I met him, what a nice, friendly and upbeat bloke he was.

Also my son in law Andy, knew Steve very well and stayed in regular touch with him until the end. Andy was always amazed with Steve's enthusiasm and thought he was an absolute totally brilliant bloke. Andy visited Steve in Hospital and he told me Steve was still working and coordinating things from his bed and still remaining so positive and that he never ceased to amaze.

Andy also attended Steve's funeral and said that it was a fitting tribute and send off. He also told me that Neil Warnock was at the funeral and had travelled up from Cardiff especially to attend - so credit due there.

Anyway as the saying goes the good die young.

RIP Steve.