RIP Stevie Adams

Back in the day Steve was playing for Myers Grove School in a game I was reffing. he had scored 5 goals and in the last minute he rounded the keeper for his 6th but before the ball crossed the line I blew for time. Whenever i met him he always reminded me of that day.

Steve was one of those special guys who gave everything to what he was doing. A real son of Sheffield a, real Wednesdayite and a guy who will be sadly missed.

I can't say rest inpeace because that would be totally out of character for him. Just enjoy Stevey (ADDO)

Edited by Broncolives

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

My lad went to his Tricky Wingers club. He also went to Mrs SO's school with his business. Always seemed a really nice bloke. Very sad. RIP. 

I didn't know him by name and only realised who he was from reading the posts on here about tricky wingers. My lad went to a couple of football themed bithday parties that he ran a few years ago - you don't forget them easily as he was so enthusiastic and positive about the kids involvement. A sad loss to all that knew him, thoughts are with his family & friends.

I met Steve through the Wednesdayite coaching scheme and I'm really shocked and saddened by this news.

He was such a lovely guy, had an infectious personality and couldn't do enough for you. I remember once when I came up to Sheffield for a meeting and he insisted I stay with him and we had a good night out before he dropped me back off at the station the next morning. Then out of the blue he offered me and my family the opportunity to go and stay at his place in Egypt. We never got chance as we left for pastures new but it summed up his generosity. He was that sort of guy, always smiling, always positive and I remember when I went along to one of the kids coaching days at one of the local schools and all the kids and teachers absolutely loved him.

Such sad news but one day I hope I will be able to kick a few balls with him again and enjoy a few beers and crack the jokes. Too young to go and RIP Steve and sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

I've known a Steve for many years and loved him to bits - he had the most infectious of personalities he has had some really tough times but never ever let it show in public, even during his long and arduous fight with Cancer, as he devoted his life to coaching youngsters in the basics of football, worked with disability teams, offenders and anyone and everyone who shared his love of football - he set my son on the road to playing from the age of 5 and he's now helping coach at Tricky Wingers during his School holidays

Mel Sterland tells some fantastic stories about him and they would make you roar with laughter if you heard some of them as they all summed up his beautiful character. 

- I asked Wednesdayite to fund Steve when he first finished at SWFC community scheme (he had a mortgage to pay) and also sugggested he start hosting football parties and he was forever grateful to me but there was need as I will forever be equally as grateful to Steve for the support and friendship he gave me and my son over the years and most of all for being himself a true gentleman.

I last spoke to Steve 3 weeks ago over the phone from his hospital bed in the Northern General and in the space of 20 mins he made me laugh, smile and cry as we talked about things but mostly Wednesday related - I will miss you my friend as you quite simply were a diamond. Steve had a catch phrase of "see you at the far post" and I sincerely hope I do again one day at that goalpost in heaven - my thoughts are very much with Grace & Helen as they begin to come to terms with their inevitable but nonetheless heartbreaking loss - RIP Addo fly safe my friend