RIP Stevie Adams

Just seen this on Facebook

Stevie Adams born 07.09.1959, former pupil of Myers Grove, founder of Sheffield Wednesdays football in the community programme, former player with Scarborough FC, Doncaster Rovers, WorksopTown, Boston United, Johnny Quinns All stars and CEO of Tricky Wingers, sadly lost his fight against cancer this afternoon ninth Palliative care unit at NGH, Sheffield. Born an Owl,Lived as an Owl, Died an Owl. Deepest sympathies to Grace Adams, Helen Moxon and Christine Adams. Goodnight and RIP my friend.Alan Marshall

I wasn't a close friend of Steves but met him while playing for Hillsborough Celtic back in the day (he was a lot better than me!) Tricky Wingers do great work in schools and have been at the school where Mrs BIG D works this afternoon. schools and have been. 

Sad 

Very sad news. A fantastic bloke. He ran nearly every birthday party of mine while I was at junior school. Also had the pleasure of doing some coaching for him in later years. Much loved among the kids he worked with. RIP Steve.

Guest Deleted member

Knew Steve really well thru our Wednesdayite days. We contracted Steve  a day every week to work with schools that the clubs community programme couldn't (because they were on Uniteds patch) 

I don't think I've ever met a more relentlessly positive and cheerful person, he loved working with the local youngsters, was a very popular coach and a thoroughly lovely man. 

A Wednesdayite through and through. Really sad news 

RIP Steve 

Edited by Deleted member