Promotion

We'll never have a better chance of promotion than this year. Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield are nothing more than hardworking, well organised sides and if CC finds a way to get is firing we'll have too much for all three in the playoffs

I still think that one or two of the four spots will change but certainly share this sentiment. 

If could close season right now I'd prefer it to playing Fullham, Norwich, In form Derby (they are hugely hit and miss admittedly). 

plus we have been competitive and won against top six teams this year. 

Looking at the current sides in the playoffs I think the sides most likely to drop out are either Reading or ourselves.

With the players that we have, for me this simply isn't good enough. On paper we have a far better squad than Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield and the fact that we aren't in Huddersfield's position pushing the automatic spots is a huge missed opportunity in my eyes.

You are right, we won't have a better chance of promotion to the Premier League than this season but I worry that with the way we are playing, it'll be an opportunity missed. 

27 minutes ago, Stoop said:

We'll never have a better chance of promotion than this year. Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield are nothing more than hardworking, well organised sides and if CC finds a way to get is firing we'll have too much for all three in the playoffs

I don't think any of those three would look at us with much trepidation either.

When you look at it all four are much of a muchness. Don't score many / don't concede many.

I agree this is an unbelievable opportunity, but first we have to make the play offs.

Last year we fell over the line. We went all defensive, scoring just 17 goals in our final 15 games, and taking six points from our final six games.

We got over the line by releasing the shackles against Cardiff and trouncing them.

If Carlos keeps his current mind-set I don't see us protecting our lead over the final 12 games.

He needs to go for Norwich and Burton and instill renewed confidence in the players and himself! And us lot.

Carlos - your players are far more capable than you think they are. Let them play.

totally correct we were negative in the final as hutch was cemtre mid. He hadnt played for ages if we had played lopez instead we would have won lopez drove us fwd at the backed of  last season. .  Hutch needs to play cb in a 4 or 3..  The ball is now in our court. We have all the challengers at home. Fulham derby reading norwich. We  need to go for it and not play safely. So get abdi and bannan in the middle  If norwich win today next weeks a six pointer

18 minutes ago, wattowl said:

totally correct we were negative in the final as hutch was cemtre mid. He hadnt played for ages if we had played lopez instead we would have won lopez drove us fwd at the backed of  last season. .  Hutch needs to play cb in a 4 or 3..  The ball is now in our court. We have all the challengers at home. Fulham derby reading norwich. We  need to go for it and not play safely. So get abdi and bannan in the middle  If norwich win today next weeks a six pointer

Abdi and Bannan can't play together. For all his undoubted quality I've never seen a midfielder who neshes as many 50/50's as Bannan and Abdi is not exactly a 'dog of war' midfielder. We'd never win the ball back until it reached our back 4.

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I agree with the OP  we just need to get there . and find a formula that fits for the rest of the season . 

You are right but how confident are you of Carlos finding a formula that fits for the rest of the season?

I'm not a gambling man but if I were, I'd be willing to put my house on the fact that the same negative tactics that Carlos is currently employing will continue to be employed right up until the end of the season regardless of results.

Regarding promotion: 

Imagine a Premier League side watching that game yesterday. You'd be licking your lips at the prospect of playing either side. 

Seen some crap games this season, but that one is right up there. Awful. 

I know we have criticised our play this season and wondered why we are where we are but it's a mystery to me on yesterday's performance in particular, how Leeds are in the Top 6. Were they the better side on the day, are they a better side than us in general and I think you can say that about any of the current Top 8 in all honesty which probably explains why the championship is the division it is?

It is a great opportunity this year.

Some are saying the Hull side were not a great side, I disagree.  That side was better than us last season and were the better team in both league games in my opinion.  Look at the side they put out in the playoff final - much better than any side in the playoffs this season.

There is nothing to fear about the playoff teams this season.  All it needs is a change of direction by our Manager!

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I know we have criticised our play this season and wondered why we are where we are but it's a mystery to me on yesterday's performance in particular, how Leeds are in the Top 6. Were they the better side on the day, are they a better side than us in general and I think you can say that about any of the current Top 8 in all honesty which probably explains why the championship is the division it is?

Besides one moment of torture we defended well enough and made Leeds look average. Watching the game it's no surprise to me that Cardiff won there recently, as they are now better defensively and are more direct under Warnock. 

I think teams like Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield would have won that game yesterday. Sadly we are missing something... 

58 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Besides one moment of torture we defended well enough and made Leeds look average. Watching the game it's no surprise to me that Cardiff won there recently, as they are now better defensively and are more direct under Warnock. 

I think teams like Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield would have won that game yesterday. Sadly we are missing something... 

It would be straw clutching in the extreme, to say that we were much better than Leeds. Leeds aren't great, but they have a plan, and work hard, but with the players we have, we should be taking the game to them with a lot more purpose. Yes, you are spot on, all those sides would have taken all three points We are far too tentative