Sign in to follow this  
UAE-OWL

Still Happy

I understand and appreciate that everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Here is mine:

12 games to go and we are still in with a shout for promotion, regardless of performances, money spent and everything else that will do for me.

I have had too many seasons supporting Wednesday and watching us try to avoid relegation.

Me too mate. I've been going for 50 years and seen enough football to know there's good and bad over a season, and this year, in spite of the last 2 matches, I really think we have the players to go up.  I'm embarrassed by the way our supporters have turned on players over the past few weeks.  We're in with a great chance with a good coach and a chairman who seems to care about building the club in the proper way back to where we should be.  What we need now is for everyone to get behind the team and give us the support to see us over the line. The season didn't finish yesterday. 

plenty of time to put a good run together, the players have to buy into it

4 minutes ago, The Claw said:

plenty of time to put a good run together, the players have to buy into it

Players buying into it shouldn't be a problem now,

With the money most of the Owls team on on ,they should be smashing it ,not thinking of  fukking buying into it.

1 minute ago, owlsdreamer said:

Players buying into it shouldn't be a problem now,

With the money most of the Owls team on on ,they should be smashing it ,not thinking of  fukking buying into it.

sorry dude thought it may be common fukking sense he coaches they listen and he sells an idea

I remember when dem blades were getting promoted from this league and there fans went nuts from kick off to full time every game ...... we should give it a go it might just help you never know 

25 minutes ago, UAE-OWL said:

Even happier now Norwich have dropped 2 points at home today.

Best result of the weekend for us.It means that Norwich now have to come out and attack us this sat when they visit S6 and that suits us down to the ground. :tango:

Just remember through all the BS, trolling players on twitter and booing our own players, these so called supporters are and ever will be the minority. 

Yes we can have concerns and debate them in a rational manner on a forum, yes we can feel anger at certain performances both individually and collectively but most of us would never verbally abuse the players or manager either in person or on social media. 

We have seen very few highs in the last 16 years or so and suddenly we have some money and ambition and some fans forget the dross that has gone before and have a what have you done for me lately attitude. 

We are 6th and yes we have underachieved with our performances given the players we have but we are still there. Who cares if we go down as the worst team to be promoted? While we are in this position we are 3 good games away from going back to the big time. If we fall the chairman will reassess the situation and act accordingly. 

I wouldn't ask people to forget where we have come from because there were some dark times but there's about 16 teams who would trade places with us right now, some big teams like Forest, Villa and Wolves. Yes there are concerns but we are still in with a shout. 

Lets have a right go at Norwich because they will come at us which may just suit us and get us firing. 

Apologies for the long post. 

4 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Just remember through all the BS, trolling players on twitter and booing our own players, these so called supporters are and ever will be the minority. 

Yes we can have concerns and debate them in a rational manner on a forum, yes we can feel anger at certain performances both individually and collectively but most of us would never verbally abuse the players or manager either in person or on social media. 

We have seen very few highs in the last 16 years or so and suddenly we have some money and ambition and some fans forget the dross that has gone before and have a what have you done for me lately attitude. 

We are 6th and yes we have underachieved with our performances given the players we have but we are still there. Who cares if we go down as the worst team to be promoted? While we are in this position we are 3 good games away from going back to the big time. If we fall the chairman will reassess the situation and act accordingly. 

I wouldn't ask people to forget where we have come from because there were some dark times but there's about 16 teams who would trade places with us right now, some big teams like Forest, Villa and Wolves. Yes there are concerns but we are still in with a shout. 

Lets have a right go at Norwich because they will come at us which may just suit us and get us firing. 

Apologies for the long post. 

Your 3rd paragraph is kind of a hammer hitting a nail steelowl. "[ some fans forget the dross that has gone before ]."  These would be the fans that abandoned us in thousands so didn't get to see that dross. Sure, they may have looked for our results on a Saturday evening and may have even been p!ssed off when we lost. But they weren't actually supporting the team. I'm so glad you called them fans and not supporters mate.

AWAWAW ?

C'MON YOU OWLS AND LIGHT UP OUR LIVES. CANARIES SHOULD BE EASY MEAT FOR A PREDATOR.

It's in our hands. No more excuses. 

Do worry about it all imploding. There's a real negative undecurrent within the fanbase, which keeps rearing its head everytime we have a defeat. 

Appeeciate the performances haven't been great, but we are still 6th and with a points cushion. 

15 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Me too mate. I've been going for 50 years and seen enough football to know there's good and bad over a season, and this year, in spite of the last 2 matches, I really think we have the players to go up.  I'm embarrassed by the way our supporters have turned on players over the past few weeks.  We're in with a great chance with a good coach and a chairman who seems to care about building the club in the proper way back to where we should be.  What we need now is for everyone to get behind the team and give us the support to see us over the line. The season didn't finish yesterday. 

As I said on another thread yesterday...I was on the Kop as a kid in April 1976 when we beat Southend 2 -1 to avoid relegation to Div 4 (big Mick P scoring the winner after a nervous 1 -1). The pitch invasion which followed was like we had won the FA Cup, and the players came out for a standing ovation in the Directors' Box, hailed as heroes by the crowd even after coming so close to our darkest hour - ever. Would we do that again for the team now? A chance of the play offs to the top tier was a long way away in those days, and I have experienced plenty of disappointment since then. 

These are the good old days, just you wait and see. Still in with a great chance and battling for promotion sure beats battling relegation, and I for one have had a bellyful of that over the years.

16 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

I remember when dem blades were getting promoted from this league and there fans went nuts from kick off to full time every game ...... we should give it a go it might just help you never know 

You've got to be 'nuts' to support dem gypsies 

On 2/26/2017 at 06:59, UAE-OWL said:

I understand and appreciate that everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Here is mine:

12 games to go and we are still in with a shout for promotion, regardless of performances, money spent and everything else that will do for me.

I have had too many seasons supporting Wednesday and watching us try to avoid relegation.

We will excel 

On 26/2/2017 at 07:35, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Nail on head there.

The way some are turning on Carlos and the players is pathetic and an embarrassment to our alleged "well supported club". An outsider hearing of this would think we're flirting with relegation instead of having our best couple of seasons for 20yrs

11 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Nail on head there.

The way some are turning on Carlos and the players is pathetic and an embarrassment to our alleged "well supported club". An outsider hearing of this would think we're flirting with relegation instead of having our best couple of seasons for 20yrs

It has been pretty shocking. 

Not sure what is wrong with people. 

I'd like to think the vast majority (even if they have doubts or misgivings) are willing CC and the team to do well...but I honestly think there's a small minority who almost perversely enjoy it when we do lose as it gives them an excuse to unleash a tirade of negativity and abuse. 

Very odd. 

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It has been pretty shocking. 

Not sure what is wrong with people. 

I'd like to think the vast majority (even if they have doubts or misgivings) are willing CC and the team to do well...but I honestly think there's a small minority who almost perversely enjoy it when we do lose as it gives them an excuse to unleash a tirade of negativity and abuse. 

Very odd. 

Of course some people will be that way, after all what does misery love?

But I think it's confusion and frustration, rather than anger that's leading to the negativity

We were 6th last year and I think as a whole, the fanbase was happy with that, but then we've spent another £20 million or so on players and are still hanging on to the same 6th spot, but for some reason playing far worse football, looking like we have no real game plan and averaging about 2 shots on target a game, it's difficult to work out why.

Some of the reactions are spectacularly and comically over the top, but it is understandable why people aren't completely happy and expected a lot more.

Edited by Lee A

I appreciate that some are trying to look at this in a positive light but let's be honest our squad should be competing for 1st and 2nd place now the play off teams above us are reading, Leeds and Huddersfield and we are but a much better squad than the latter two. We have never had a better chance of winning the playoffs than we do right now. Yet all season we have played so negatively it's a wonder why we are still in the playoffs. Many have said this is the hardest championship yet. And I would agree on paper but for some underperforming teams in villa, derby, Norwich which have given us a serious chance to go up. We are a patch of the team of last season and we make our players look average with the way we play. Fair enough JR should be scoring that penalty but how many chances have we created for him since he's arrived ( minus birminghan) the only shot we had on target against Leeds was that penality and they wasn't anything special. Other teams have yet again failed to take adavantage and we applaud their failures as our success to say we are still in the playoffs. The way we are playing at the moment and bar a few games we have been playing all season we have no chance of winning those playoffs and it would be of no surprise if we don't make them ( I really hope I'm wrong ) Andrews called it other day when he said we are a team that haven't got going, that have no plan b, that have been winning games on indervidual brilliance. And whilst we still hang on to 6th place some will credit this season as a success despite missing the opportunity this division have given us. I ask this if we finish 7th on the last game of the season or get knocked out by playing the way we have all season. Would all those applauding being in 6th now  be positive looking back at our season or be questioning why we have squandered promotion and should have made a change earlier. I ask this before hindsight. Because we are in real danger of messing this right up

Guest Lostondisplay

If this season was last season, we'd be going mental in a good way because we're in the playoffs.

The few who had unreal expectations and thought we would walk the league are unfortunately the loudest. Put it into context of everyday life, if you complain about something, you do it a lot louder than you would if you was happy about it, be it service at a resturant or the like. 

Yes we spent relatively big compared to some, and even ourselves in recent history, but the calibre of teams that came down was a lot better (at the start of the season), I'd of pegged all three of Newcastle, Villa and Norwich to be there or there abouts. The teams which came up, former premier league team Wigan, Barnsley who have always been an ok championship side... I'll by pass Burton. Going back to the complainers, we can't just focus on ourselves and what we've done, there's 24 teams in the league.

Just because you sleep with a super model one time (punching above our weight last season), doesn't mean you will everytime (this season). Unless you're loaded or hung like Hutch.