Expectations vs the reality

I know I'm starting another one of these threads but here goes... 

After last season full of highs and lows we managed to work our way up and finish 6th in the playoffs, we got to Wembley and unfortunately it didn't happen but we had a great ride.. We hadnt been in such a situation and everyone was buzzing. In turn our expectations grew and we all called for Carlos to extend his contract fearing he might leave and at the way some of us are carrying off I bet he wish he had.

Today we played Leeds and yes way may say that it was lack luster and disappointing but I don't think that we played any worse than Leeds.. They had one chance and they put it away, we had ours and unfortunately we didn't. Potentially the game changing penalty! 

Fans may expect us to win every game we play with the squad we have and blame Carlos for some of his tactics but at the end of the day he gets paid to make the decisions and we don't, yes it's disheartening to lose but our moral should stay high.. Why you ask? Well the doom and gloom just creates negativity, remember our owners son happens to come on here and no doubt players do as well as the other social media that fans spout off on... and you know full well some fans can't help but post drivel. 

The reality is we are are in a strong position, we are in the playoff spots and we have games to spare. Some fans are already writing us off, writing the manager off, writing the players off, claiming we are going to lose this game and that game in the future. Please can I have your crystal ball so I can get my lotto numbers? 

Like some I think our reactions to some games are ridiculous... Even when we win it's a poor performance or we didn't play well or Carlos tactics were wrong blah blah blah, it's football and sometimes it's not pretty.

I think we are currently in a good position and it makes me cringe when I see the doom merchants kick off every week. Just keep the faith, support the manager and the players and let people who run the club decide on their futures.

Anyway, peace out have a enjoy your evening. 

Last season there was very little expectation... We played great football and achieved a great league position.

The reality is, this season we have broken transfer record after transfer record and our performances have gone down hill. 

Yes we are in the playoffs ATM.

But anyone genuinely happy or thinking we are improving are deluded