Poll: Man of the Match vs Leeds...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Leeds  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Leeds?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Sasso
    • Loovens
    • Fox
    • Hutchinson
    • Abdi
    • Reach
    • Rhodes
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • McManaman
    • Fletcher
    • Bannan

Just watched it in the hotel room on holiday. What a terrible way to lose that game - a gift of a goal and 45 mins of complete dominance with no end product whatsoever. 

Westwood 7 - nothing he could do about the goal and had little else to do.

Hunt 6 - tried and put a few crosses in but lacks the quality. 

Loovens 6 - needs Lees/Hutch next to him.

Sasso 4 - this was my concern all along but I was shot down by the love fest. He costs us goals. Two in two games now. We do have another option in that position - HUTCH.

Fox 3 - looks out of his depth. Carlos wouldn't know a good full back if one fell in his lap.

Wallace 4 - poor set pieces and for me just does't do enough to warrant a starting place. He has the right brain but his general play is often wasteful.

Abdi 7 - why the hell did he take him off?? Our most composed player on the ball. 

Hutch 5 - will always try but is proving what he is; a very good CENTRE HALF. Poor on the ball. In a second half where we completely dominated, tell me why we needed him?

Reach 4 - I'm losing patience with this guy. Carlos' obsession with playing him further forward baffles me. Was ok at left back but there was no threat to defend against. Not good enough.

Rhodes 4 - HAS to score the pen. HAS to. I am gutted for him as I really like the guy. Needs a goal and a performance next game.

Nando 4 - poor. Wasteful when he had it. I personally prefer him on the left, especially when we are kicking in.

Subs

Bannan 7 - tried. Would have preferred him and Abdi. Should have taken off Hutch or better still put him back to CB and taken off Sasso.

Fletch 4 - seems to have no awareness of his surroundings and makes daft decisions (like that overhead kick he would never get to). Would rather have seen Winnall.

Carlos - poor decisions for me. It was all Wednesday second half but we played right into Leeds' hands with long free kicks that they headed away all day long. I can't help but think another manager would get more out of this group. Has 

made life difficult for himself with poor recruitment of full backs.

I've gone for Hunt (6) MOM, purely on the grounds that he actually didn't really put much of a foot wrong defensively and was at least willing in attack. Would've been Hutch (6) but gave it away literally just once or twice, so gone with Jack. Hutch was also good though.

Everyone else was a (5) - they were all basically anonymous. Not a terrible away team performance by any means, did well to snuff out Leeds' forward play, but no attacking spark whatsoever. Thing is, we could've shown more than just an 'away team performance' there, and should've done. We approached it like we were expecting to be under constant pressure and we just weren't.

Macca was the only one who didn't play like that. We've really got to give him a start now.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Westwood 6 - nothing really to do, average kicking 

Hunt - 6 did what he had to do, no real threatening crosses 

Sasso - 4 looked scared all game, no real composure, at fault for first 

Loovens - 6 did what he had to do, few good interceptions 

fox - 5 clearly injured, didn't commit / cover enough 

Wallace -6 not a lot really, got a few players booked, 1/2 decent balls 

Abdi -6.5 few good turns but nothing really came of him 

hutch - 7.5 put himself about, commited challenges, good passes and won penalty 

reach - 4, nothing happened, scared to do anything 

forestieri -7 put himself about few good passes

Rhodes - 4  nothing from him todyay, 28 day money back guarantee ??

macca -7 looked lively and few good balls 

fletch and baz - 6.5 tried 

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Westwood - 7

Hunt - 6

Loovens - 6

Sasso - 6

Fox - 5

Reach - 5

Abdi - 8

Hutchinson -7.5

Wallace - 7

Forestieri - 7

Rhodes - 4

Mcmanaman - 6

Bannan - 7

Fletcher - 6

Abdi 8??!! 4 7's??!! And a 7.5??!! 

You are one positive mother lover. How does one earn a 9 or 10 in your book? Make 10 passes?

I hate to say it but we were embarrassing today. Dreadful.

Westy 7 spectator

Hunt 6 decent attacking.

Sasso 6 one horrendous error in cahoots with Loovens

Loovens 6 as above

Fox 3 looked dreadful

Wallace 6 fairish

Abdi 6 (8 first half but disappeared second)

Hutch 7 needs to stay upright but very good game

Reach 5 poor day. Bambi with no control today

FF 5 wasted in that role again

Rhodes 5 ditto. Waste if we play him with FF.

Macca 6 at least tried to rake his man on.

Fletch 5 did very little

Bannan 6 no better or worse than Abdi

Carlos 0

Westwood 4 Nothing to do but slows our play own far too much by dithering with the ball.

Hunt 4 Touch and ability to go past a an seem to have left him.

Sasso 4 Another mistake for their goal but at least he tries to come forward with the ball.

Loovens 6 Solid today. One of our best players today.

Fox 3 Awful today. Poor defending poor passing.

Wallace 4 His deliveries into the box were largely poor today.

Abdi 5 apart from not imposing himself enough I thought he did OK.

Hutchinson 6 Did nothing wrong.

Reach 3 Terrible today. Couldn't pass, dribble or cross.

Forestieri 6 Kept trying and was one of the better players.

Rhodes 5 Couldn't get going but we don't play to his strengths.

McManaman 5 Looked OK but not his best performance.

Bannan 5 Again struggled to get into it.

Fletcher 5 Fed on scraps and tried his best but no clear chance.

Overall yet another poor performance where our orwards have nothing to feed on. Missed penalty of course but the team look either lacking confidence or knowledge of their training. Carlos has to turn around the performances but the next few games now looking tricky.

14 minutes ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Westwood: 5

-

Hunt: 4

Loovens : 4

Sasso: 2

Fox: 3

-

Wallace: 3

Abdi: 4

Hutchinson: 6

Reach: 1

-

Forestieri: 4

Rhodes: 2

-

McManaman: 3

Bannan: 4

Fletcher: 2

I'm guessing you weren't impressed then Liam?

Westwood 6 - solid as always no real saves to make

Hunt 6 - Has played well enough in recent weeks another decent game by his standards.

Loovens 6 - solid as always possibly could have gone with wood for the goal

Sasso 5 - Decent enough but poor decision making cost us the game looked shaky for 15 mins after that. Hes a decent enough player to fill in for the odd game but is a long way off being good enough to start week in week out at this level.

Fox 5 - Looked poor its not his fault and i'm sure he would be fine back up but given the money we've spent in other areas we shouldn't be starting games with him and sasso in defence especially if the game plan is to keep things tight

Wallace 6 - Was not his worst game was involved and did a job defensively but we need more at times.

Abdi 6 - His quality is obvious and he made good passes but at times he moves around the pitch like a classy player at 40 not 30

Hutchinson 7 - very solid performance probably not quite at his best but still doing his job defensively

Reach 6 - Hit and miss again which is par for the course for him we need to find him a position and stick with it give him and mcmanaman 5 or 6 games together down the left

Forestieri 6 - Not his best game worked hard but lacked quality finish or the vision for a pass in and around the box

Rhodes 5 - Poor game from him his all round contribution has never been the best so needs to justify his inclusion with goals had two great chances (pen and header) and fluffed them both 

McManaman 6 - Again hit and miss looks like a player that could fit our style well and should be given a chance until the end of the season given his competition is wallace bannan and reach

Bannan 7 - Did well when he came on probably unlucky to be dropped as theres not much between him and abdi I would rather see bannan away and abdi for home games

Fletcher 5 - Didnt do much to suggest he deserves a start didnt win much in the air and held onto the ball to long at times

Ultimately we are in trouble now and with tough games coming up could fall out of the playoffs, carlos has dug himself a whole with persisting with the same style trying to eek out results, although there will be an overreaction we didn't get too much wrong today and on another day could have won but this style is only acceptable away from home at home we need to be more positive. The recruitment has been laughable this season and if we are to play the same style of play until the end of the season if everyone was fit our best team still might as well be the same 11 who started the playoff final

How FF scored a 7 in some of these is beyond my limited knowledge... I wonder what he's doing that I'm missing. 

I'd love to have had Winnal or Fletch next to Rhodes for an hour today. When we did cross the ball often Rhodes had chose wrong post to run at. 

Ifs and buts. Still felt we were better team even if we wasted our best player to be effectively someone to chase down defenders.... could have kept Joao for that! 

41 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Westwood 6 - nothing to do, kicking was a bit meh

Hunt 7 - My MOtM. Tried to get forward, put in a couple of decent crosses.

Loovens 6 - Out of position for the goal, felt a bit nervous with him today,

Sasso 5 - Bizarre duck for the goal, and not as good on the ball as in previous matches. Need Less back ASAP

Fox 5 - Couldn't keep the ball and struggled defensively. Maybe still carrying a knock.

Wallace 6 - As someone pointed out in the matchday thread, he overhuts every free kick and hits the first man with every corner. Was never where you wanted him, but did look to get forward. Was told to do a job on their wingers and did keep them relatively quiet.

Abdi 5 - Pulled out of nunberous challenges, and can't remember him playing a pass longer than 3 yards. Nowhere near Bannan at his best,

Hutchinson 7 - Some excellent challenges and defensively pretty sound, but not a creative player. Very few of his diagonal balls came off.

Reach 6 - Need more from him. A lot of money for a player who still doesn't know his best position. Some embarrassing crosses.

Forestieri 6 - Quiet. Should have done better with his 1 or 2 chances.

Rhodes 5 - Well placed penalty but no power. Needs to find form quickly. Quite a statement from Carlos taking him off on the hour.

McManaman 6 - Some good bits, but quieter than I hoped. Does look like he has a good work ethic now though. Deserves a start.

Bannan 7 - Better than Abdi. Tried the dangerous balls, some came off. Back in the team for Norwich.

Fletcher 4 - How the ruddy ballsack doesn't he get brought on rather than Winnall? Didn't win a single header and gave the ball away on countless occasions. When Hooper's fit Fletcher should be 5th choice.

The statement Carlos was making when he took Rhodes off was "I don't know what I am doing"!

3 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

We only have Sammy ... although in fairness Glen didn't do anything wrong.

Except try playing wood offside and leaving him free. I'm guessing he told Sasso to duck out too thinking Wood was offside and no need to concede corner. 

Not just his fault, Sasso could have headed it and Hint could have not ball watched whilst behind the defensive line. 

Fine margins and all tgat! 

6 minutes ago, Davetherave said:

We only have Sammy ... although in fairness Glen didn't do anything wrong.

Glenn and Sasso equally at fault for the goal.

But apart from that they both played pretty well. Leeds didn't get a sniff.