reach embarrassing

I've been defensive of Reach for weeks, I think he's been very solid on the whole and whilst not full of attacking flair had been workman like and somewhat efficient and proficient, if a little nervous looking at times

Today he looked totally out of his depth. Worst player on the pitch and he needs to go back on the bench

Wish he'd just cut his hair - that must be weighing him down big style.

In all seriousness, I think he's done well for us usually and his flexibility is almost causing his own downfall. Felt he was poor today and he'll know it.

But better than Fox? Yes.

Did McManaman do anything of note 2nd half though? No.

His deliveries should be tailor made for Rhodes and co - shunting him to left back again just because all our left backs are awful doesn't help him whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I've been defensive of Reach for weeks, I think he's been very solid on the whole and whilst not full of attacking flair had been workman like and somewhat efficient and proficient, if a little nervous looking at times

Today he looked totally out of his depth. Worst player on the pitch and he needs to go back on the bench

We could do that.

Bring in McManaman......and then ask him to charge about like a goon dipping into midfield to help Hutch and Co cope with the overload.

Then when he doesn't achieve anything we ca  stick another player in and do the same. 

And someone else and do the same.

And again

And again 

As long as we keep our 4-4 fuckinng outnumbered in the middle b*stard -2 and wear our players into the floor chasing shadows. 

*Sorry. L**ds. It does this to me.

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

We could do that.

Bring in McManaman......and then ask him to charge about like a goon dipping into midfield to help Hutch and Co cope with the overload.

Then when he doesn't achieve anything we ca  stick another player in and do the same. 

And someone else and do the same.

And again

And again 

As long as we keep our 4-4 fuckinng outnumbered in the middle b*stard -2 and wear our players into the floor chasing shadows. 

*Sorry. L**ds. It does this to me.

You're not wrong

But with our attacking options, we can't afford to play a 'lone' striker. I agree with you Lord, but at the end of the day, the way we've recruited strikers means we're doomed to play two upfront. 

Just now, CLswfc said:

Not from me mate. I cannot understand anyone defending Reach 5 mill he really isnt worth a tenth of that. Its not the odd performance its every sodding week.Theres a few on here always negging me on this subject but I never see the to88ers  post. Cowards, not dissimmilar to Reach who hasnt got an ounce of bottle.

Can't remember what game it was but at the start I asked my dad to tell me something positive reach did in the game and at the end he said he couldn't remember anything. And that's the problem I have with him, what does he contribute in the final 3rd?

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You're not wrong

But with our attacking options, we can't afford to play a 'lone' striker. I agree with you Lord, but at the end of the day, the way we've recruited strikers means we're doomed to play two upfront. 

Exactly.  Ex-bloody-actly. 

We have gone striker crazy since last season.

Non of them seemingly capable of playing a system which suits out midfield.

We have 'transferred' ourselves into a formation black hole.

5 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

Wallace gets away with it every week when it comes to being a sub.

Why not play him left wing and McManaman right. Round pegs and round holes and all that.

But then who will help out Hutch and Co in the middle when they are outnumbered. ....week after week.....after week...after week. ..