CC getting sacked...

Guest sirCharlesOaklhal

There were similar threads like this around the same time last year if I remember correctly.

Bashing the manager spouting doom and gloom, and look how that ended, with Carlos taking us within 90 minutes of Premier League football.

CC has my full backing this season.  

5 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

It was interesting hearing the impartial Keith Andrews saying that our problems are:-

Slow tempo/build up play 

Same players being used

same set up/formation in every game 

The results we've had and being 6th is good enough this season, but the performances haven't always been

The way Chelsea started the season they would probably be challenging for the top 4, but then the change of formation after the Arsenal defeat then made them better than the rest and the expected title winners

Hopefully im wrong in thinking we could be getting more out of our squad than we are, like Chelsea achieved. 

Carlos hasn't really shown at any stage he is capable of getting more out of this squad.

Whilst I would like him to, sadly I don't think he will either, a mixture of stubbornesss and loyalty preventing this.  He also persists with playing players out of position which compounds these issues.

We are playing to about 65% of our capabilities imo.

I think a manager with more top tier experience and a history of dealing with top level players (I.e making tough decisions on personnel selection) will get this club up.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

5 hours ago, A12owl said:

Why wasn't it?

If Westwood had saved a similar penalty what would you have said? I think I can guess.

It wasnt great as it was a crap penalty. Couldnt care less if it was Westwood or not. Team or goalie had nothing to do with it. Crap is crap irrespective

On 01/03/2017 at 17:54, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Why is it spot on? He said we'll never get promotion with Carlos in charge. Do you have a crystal ball ? It is quite clearly just a wet fanny panicking over summat nobody knows owt about. If we don't go up then judge Carlos, now is not the time,

Nobodies being a wet fanny and no one is panicking. It's my opinion and it obviously differs to yours. I've seen enough of Carlos and his coaches to form my opinion. Hopefully of course I will be wrong and we'll go up. I will still support Carlos and the boys whetever happens but I won't resort to namecalling a fellow owl when someone offers a different opinion.

On 25/02/2017 at 14:25, mike312 said:

He has to go for me. We will never get promotion whilst he is in charge. We have been too slow, too predictable and have no plan B. With the money we have spent we should be miles ahead of Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield. We have hardly played well all season and are still doing the same things wrong. 

Dont agree about not having a Plan B.

Plan B comes out time and time again...take off the third CM, put FF wide, play two proper strikers.

The problem lies with Plan A. 

Edited by Holmowl

17 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Nobodies being a wet fanny and no one is panicking. It's my opinion and it obviously differs to yours. I've seen enough of Carlos and his coaches to form my opinion. Hopefully of course I will be wrong and we'll go up. I will still support Carlos and the boys whetever happens but I won't resort to namecalling a fellow owl when someone offers a different opinion.

Was that your opinion v Arsenal last season? Was it the same when we got into the play-offs? Beat Brighton over 2 legs? Were you saying the same thing as you were walking up Wembley way for the first time in 23yrs?

The anti Carlos brigade seem to think we have a divine right to promotion and they're hovering with their pitchforks. Until last year we'd spent 2 decades scraping around the bottom leagues and each season apart from "mind the gap" has been a struggle to survive.

Would you prefer to be in Villa's position, how much have they spent? Where are they?

Also on Villa, many were wanting rid of Carlos to bring in Bruce. Isn't he the 2nd lowest points scorer this calendar year.

Carlos is a breath of fresh air and is the best manager we've had siince Big Ron. I'm proud to have him as our manager, someone recently championed Monk to be our manager ?! That snide (stabbed Laudrup in the back, snide barge on Wagner) Complete opposites of the spectrum.

Admittedly our football is not the thrill of last season, but Carlos & DC want us promoted. I remember our previous trips to Wembley in 93, we lost both. Now who was that exciting manager that won 2 Cups that season? (They also won a title with him) Are Arsenal bothered how they won?

The anti Carlos of many is reminiscent of a toddler tantrum IMO

4 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Was that your opinion v Arsenal last season? Was it the same when we got into the play-offs? Beat Brighton over 2 legs? Were you saying the same thing as you were walking up Wembley way for the first time in 23yrs?

The anti Carlos brigade seem to think we have a divine right to promotion and they're hovering with their pitchforks. Until last year we'd spent 2 decades scraping around the bottom leagues and each season apart from "mind the gap" has been a struggle to survive.

Would you prefer to be in Villa's position, how much have they spent? Where are they?

Also on Villa, many were wanting rid of Carlos to bring in Bruce. Isn't he the 2nd lowest points scorer this calendar year.

Carlos is a breath of fresh air and is the best manager we've had siince Big Ron. I'm proud to have him as our manager, someone recently championed Monk to be our manager ?! That snide (stabbed Laudrup in the back, snide barge on Wagner) Complete opposites of the spectrum.

Admittedly our football is not the thrill of last season, but Carlos & DC want us promoted. I remember our previous trips to Wembley in 93, we lost both. Now who was that exciting manager that won 2 Cups that season? (They also won a title with him) Are Arsenal bothered how they won?

The anti Carlos of many is reminiscent of a toddler tantrum IMO

I was elated when we beat Arsenal of course because we played brilliant and won (with a bit of luck) the same against Brighton, although let's not kid ourselves we were hugely lucky against Brighton as this season has proved. I honestly thought we were destined to beat Hull, I still think we could and should have beat Hull but therein lies the problem. We weren't playing well, we couldn't get going but we kept doing the same innefective game plan right to the end. If it were the other way round and we were beating Hull, they would have got some big lads up front and launched everything at every opportunity into the box, the tempo would have been crazy and they might have nicked a goal whereas I can only remember the Helan chance late on. We brought Nuhiu on with 10 minutes to go which was too late imo.

I understand what you say about Carlos. I love him too and I too remember where we have come from. We should though, in this league in this season be third. If after Wembley I said to you that Reading Hudds and Leeds would be above us my guess is you wouldn't be very happy. Now Norwich and Derby fair enough but we have (had) an opportunity this season to finish way higher than we are at the moment but losing to average teams like Birmingham, Leeds, Burton has cost us. So I think we have underperformed this season and we still haven't figured out how to beat a deep sitting, hard working organised poor/ average side. We look like finishing more than 15 points behind Brighton which we did last season which I didn't expect. I expected more noticable progress.

Let me be clear. I'm not baying for Carlos' blood but in my opinion he won't get us promoted unfortunately. I'm not having a tantrum, I'm a 43 year old man, I'm simply giving my opinion on the thread and the situation at the moment. I'm off this afternoon and I will cheer the team on and sing Carvahal's barmy army on my own in the middle of the kop as usual.

I love Carlos lol

I really hope he takes us up.

But if you can't wonder about the tactics or the performance of some players then it's like North Korea innit.

I'm happy with where we are but I just can not see why others can not see that you should never settle for "just doing enough".

And that's kind of what it feels like when I know what some of those players are capable of.

I guarantee some of the players would be getting the hair dryer if Ferguson was in charge, sixth or not.

Guest sirCharlesOaklhal

Suck it now ungrateful rumblezoids. Sir Charles Oaklhal, second time in a row in playoff with some shitty Championship country-side village.

Hope you don't get up and he leaves you for a Premier League team. You deserve bobbar after 10 pages of hate on Carlos.

Really Gentlemen, we're sat on the brink of the three biggest games of the season. 

Let's put the silly talk and tittle tattle to the side for the next fortnight and focus our energies on getting behind the team.

This sort of gubbins is best saved for the summer months when boredom sets in. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Really Gentlemen, we're sat on the brink of the three biggest games of the season. 

Let's put the silly talk and tittle tattle to the side for the next fortnight and focus our energies on getting behind the team.

I couldn't better this post, so I won't bother, other than to say that this could be the three biggest games in the club's history

I've enjoyed reading these threads over the last few days, quite funny reading "fans" losing their shyte, over whatever it was that lead to their "losing" their shyte, adamant that they knew best........ just sat back and let things roll i have...... god forbid we ever really have a "bad, really bad" run of play/results, be like suicide watch on here. 

That well known football bible, Hertfordshire Mercury reports Watford, Hull City and Southampton are all keeping a close eye on Sheffield Wednesday's play-off campaign, with all three weighing up a move for manager Carlos Carvalhal if it's unsuccessful.
Read more at http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/why-watford-southampton-hull-fans-should-be-watching-sheffield-wednesday-s-play-off-semi-final/story-30325173-detail/story.html#gwlA3FAcbkzSOjmS.99

People get paid to right this sh*t :angry:

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I agree, but you have to admit these retrospective schadenfreude threads draw you like a moth to a flame.

It's usually di*kheads who start the original threads but it's quite illuminating when you look at who plusses and negs certain posts, especially the more extreme ones.

:duntmatter: