Sasso

Guest RocketOwl

45 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

We should have signed a better back up.

Someone mentioned on this thread his real test will come against Leeds and Chris Wood.

Wood is exactly the striker I fear Sasso cannot defend against. If he comes through this game and helps us to victory I will be the first to co granulate him.

lol So we should have signed a better 3rd choice centre back to deal with Chris Wood. So bizarre. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

lol So we should have signed a better 3rd choice centre back to deal with Chris Wood. So bizarre. 

I said earlier that if Sasso has Wood in his pocket and we keep a clean sheet against Leeds perhaps Mr Rocketowl should praise him that's all !!!! Is that bizarre ? 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

5 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

I wanted to refrain from this post until today and enjoy a great win yesterday.

Anyone whose read any of my posts on Sasso, will know I'm not his biggest fan. I'me just glad that Tom Lees injury has fallen in a run of games where the opposition hasn't been strong. Sasso is mediocre at defending and an accident waiting to happen.

His mistake yesterday could have been in a playoff semi final and yet there were posters on here saying Lees may struggle to get back in??? He's been decent cover but he is a very very shaky defender who has mistakes in him constantly.

Woild anyone here be comfortable with him starting at home  to say Newcastle?

All defenders make errors. I could highlight plenty by Lees and Loovens. He's a more than capable replacement. I suggest you get behind him instead of knocking him.

Guest RocketOwl
19 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I said earlier that if Sasso has Wood in his pocket and we keep a clean sheet against Leeds perhaps Mr Rocketowl should praise him that's all !!!! Is that bizarre ? 

not bizzare at all chap. I will be first to eat humble pie. enchanter clearly is short of a few brain cells.

I was clearly saying in his time in the team this is his sternest test ifnhe starts.

Signing a new centre back as better cover was a separate discussion. Wood is just an example of the type of striker Sasso can struggle with.

Genuine question, and I can't be arsed to look it up, but who was the pairing when played Leeds at home?

I'm not sasso's biggest fan but he's more than steady, particularly moving forward and I think we have certainly benefitted from this as a team. He also wins his fair share of headers at corners and free kicks, admitted some go a little awry. Can't fault anyone for staying and biding his time for a chance though. 

Keeps his place for me til injury or suspension or a seriously poor performance, none of which have happened since I've seen him play. 

5 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

I wanted to refrain from this post until today and enjoy a great win yesterday.

Anyone whose read any of my posts on Sasso, will know I'm not his biggest fan. I'me just glad that Tom Lees injury has fallen in a run of games where the opposition hasn't been strong. Sasso is mediocre at defending and an accident waiting to happen.

His mistake yesterday could have been in a playoff semi final and yet there were posters on here saying Lees may struggle to get back in??? He's been decent cover but he is a very very shaky defender who has mistakes in him constantly.

Woild anyone here be comfortable with him starting at home  to say Newcastle?

Sasso comes into the team, we win 4 on the spin and he single-handedly wins us one of them. 

Don't be a spunktrumpet.

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

We should have signed a better back up.

Someone mentioned on this thread his real test will come against Leeds and Chris Wood.

Wood is exactly the striker I fear Sasso cannot defend against. If he comes through this game and helps us to victory I will be the first to co granulate him.

I bet Sasso can't wait for your blessing, pinnacle of his footballing career I should think.

So why can't he defend against CW, whilst Lees can?  

28 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

not bizzare at all chap. I will be first to eat humble pie. enchanter clearly is short of a few brain cells.

I was clearly saying in his time in the team this is his sternest test ifnhe starts.

Signing a new centre back as better cover was a separate discussion. Wood is just an example of the type of striker Sasso can struggle with.

Got a bit out of hand hasn't it mate !!!! haha

Sasso has done well since he has come into the team. He is not the most physical defender and that could be why Hutch has played deeper. What I like is how he has come out with the ball in games and started attacks. He is a goal threat and shown this in not just the Blackburn game. An important member of the squad who has more than contributed to the teams good run.

Guest RocketOwl
15 minutes ago, Holmes said:

I bet Sasso can't wait for your blessing, pinnacle of his footballing career I should think.

So why can't he defend against CW, whilst Lees can?  

Sasso struggles against physical strikers. He is easily pushed off the ball and loses his headers by getting caught up tangled with the man, where as Lees is stronger and can stand his ground.

Tbh I am not sure why I am having to defend myself in saying Tom Lees is far superior to Sasso.

Sasso made Madine look half decent last season.

8 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Sasso struggles against physical strikers. He is easily pushed off the ball and loses his headers by getting caught up tangled with the man, where as Lees is stronger and can stand his ground.

Tbh I am not sure why I am having to defend myself in saying Tom Lees is far superior to Sasso.

Sasso made Madine look half decent last season.

Wouldn't say the difference is so great, granted I would choose Lees over him if fit, but Sasso has other attributes which Lees lacks.

I think CC has bigger concerns than that to be honest, what to have for breakfast for one.

Seems more a hatred thing that a balanced view thing, whatever flicks ya switch. 

Guest RocketOwl
6 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Wouldn't say the difference is so great, granted I would choose Lees over him if fit, but Sasso has other attributes which Lees lacks.

I think CC has bigger concerns than that to be honest, what to have for breakfast for one.

Seems more a hatred thing that a balanced view thing, whatever flicks ya switch. 

No hatred whatsoever.

Its a forum for opinions. I don't agree with yours get over it.

Tom Lees could play in Premier league Sasso couldn't. End of discussion.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

No hatred whatsoever.

Its a forum for opinions. I don't agree with yours get over it.

Tom Lees could play in Premier league Sasso couldn't. End of discussion.

It's a forum for discussion you shout out loud and proud then you end the discussion. You don't seem to fully grasp the concept of discussion.  But I'm not surprised.      

I said to my mate before kick-off yesterday that Sasso and Pudil playing at the back was only concern against an average Forest side. Not necessarily that Sasso's not good enough as third choice, just that he goes through stages in all his games where he appears to ball watch and switch off, giving the opposition a chance. There were a couple of times in the first half yesterday where a long ball was played from the back and he watches the ball go over his head before reacting and starting to run back. Both times it put Forest in a good attacking position with Brereton.

A lot can be said for stats and percentages when he's in the team but I still feel more confident with Lees in the side. We've been fortunate this season with injuries to defenders so hopefully Lees will be back sooner rather than later.