Sasso

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl
11 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Not telling you

You will only slag him off

Haha. 

He has been extremely poor this season was hoping the rest may have done him some good and we have the old Pudil back.

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

The ball was moving fast enough to get over the line imo he made the right choice

just made a hash of ball management , perhaps he isn't nasty enough but the young Forest lad

shouldn't have got anywhere near the ball

He should have done the profesional thing under pressure, MADE SURE THE BALL WENT OUT, simples.

Defending is easy, do the simple thing every time.

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

He should have done the profesional thing under pressure, MADE SURE THE BALL WENT OUT, simples.

Defending is easy, do the simple thing every time.

Easy mate, you can't be critical of Sasso.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Easy mate, you can't be critical of Sasso.

I m not being critical of Sasso, just the way defending is coached in todays football.

No one knows how to tackle properly, thats why there are so many injuries in to days game, real injuries that is.

Players are not coached at an early age how to defend properly, it is all about possession.

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

Or reference Sasso as a defender because of 2 goals...

No mate.

i am capable of separating the two sides of his play.

Purely talking about the defensive side of his play, not the attacking side, which is a bonus but not what I'm judging him on. 

I also like his distribution out of defence which tends to get counter attacks moving, as against Lee's 'loopy' type of clearances that are meat & drink to the opposition and very often end with us conceding possession. 

Regardless of opinions & preferences, good option either way.

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So...Lees gets injured.

What else would you actually do? Seriously? Sasso is our back up for Tom so we play him. WTF is this thread all about. 

That our backup centre backs competent performances that have contributed to winning every game he's started in, isn't good enough.

Keep up :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh we only drew 0-0 against Wolves when he started. FFS Vincent sort it out. 

Edited by StudentOwl

4 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

I wanted to refrain from this post until today and enjoy a great win yesterday.

Anyone whose read any of my posts on Sasso, will know I'm not his biggest fan. I'me just glad that Tom Lees injury has fallen in a run of games where the opposition hasn't been strong. Sasso is mediocre at defending and an accident waiting to happen.

His mistake yesterday could have been in a playoff semi final and yet there were posters on here saying Lees may struggle to get back in??? He's been decent cover but he is a very very shaky defender who has mistakes in him constantly.

Woild anyone here be comfortable with him starting at home  to say Newcastle?

..and yet his goals might be enough to get us in the prem/playoffs.

and what if he scores the winner against Newcastle? 

Point being it's a team effort and up to everyone to contribute when they get the chance.

Yes he made mistake yesterday but we still won...he is not a 1st teamer but has helped us get a little further down the line 

Stop moaning about him and support the players - by god they will need it.

Guest RocketOwl
30 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So...Lees gets injured.

What else would you actually do? Seriously? Sasso is our back up for Tom so we play him. WTF is this thread all about. 

We should have signed a better back up.

Someone mentioned on this thread his real test will come against Leeds and Chris Wood.

Wood is exactly the striker I fear Sasso cannot defend against. If he comes through this game and helps us to victory I will be the first to co granulate him.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Someone mentioned on this thread his real test will come against Leeds and Chris Wood.

Wood is exactly the striker I fear Sasso cannot defend against. If he comes through this game and helps us to victory I will be the first to co granulate him.

I think you've done a fair job of trying to granulate him already lad, lol 

27 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Cheers sugar! lol

I can't believe the criticism of a fourth choice central defender who's played well in a team which has conceded so few goals in the games he's played. 

I can can recall when it was Greg Fee and Simon Coleman who had that honour and Sasso is a definite improvement on them. 

He made a mistake which cost a goal so has every other defender including Baresi , Maldini and Bobby Moore.