Should we have had a penalty V Notts Forest?

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, Almat said:

Was it outside the box? Need to watch it again. Regardless of that, it was a foul that should have resulted in a red card. Much prefer the Rugby Union way of giving extended advantage in cases like these to see what happens and if no advantage is gained, bring play back to where the original infrindgement happened and go from there. 

Been my hobby horse for a few years now.

Football could learn so much from Rugby Union. To start with forget red/yellow cards if a player commits a yellow card or red card offence in first 80 minutes should get10 minutes in a sin bin would add excitement to the game and not ruin in it as many early sending offs do.

If offence is in in last 10 minutes send player off misses next match to avoid manipulating rules.

Also big decisions use the bloody camera as they do in RUF don't let clear penalties and aggressive actions be missed.

Edited by Copthorneowl

Clear penalty. Watched Sky highlights as soon as they were up and was first thing that struck me. Forestieri did the centre back for pace, just as he's about to strike it there's a little nudge in the back, enough to put him off but probably on blind side of linesman so not given. Last man too, should he have been sent off? Think so. We're not bitter and twisted though are we, like them florests...only if we lose:ph34r:.

14 hours ago, Gnarwolf said:

People will play it off as a little push that hardly had any impact on FF but in reality it's a very clever foul that just puts him off balance at the perfect time as he's winding up, without it I have no doubt he would've scored, no ref would've had the balls to give it in all honesty and the defender knew that

This 100% it definitely puts him off balance. I do think it was just outside tho, so not a penalty 

Guest RocketOwl

Should send that footage to the FA, so they can forward it on to all the Refs ala Simon Robinson, who are on the Fernando is a diver and cheat campaign.

Would have been funny after the meltdown about Westwood

Some bellsniff who writes for the Nottingham Post put in an article with the headline "referees have done Wednesday a favour twice this season"

He then goes on to explain the double jeopardy rule and thus proved, the referee wasn't doing us a favour, he was doing his job.

On 2/18/2017 at 23:57, Mr. Tom said:

Pushed him half a yard closer to the keeper and cut his time to make the shot by a tiny bit which totally threw FF's approach out. Clever but cynical as heck. Big risk at 0-1 down, Brazil would've been apoplectic if he'd walked for that.

Brazil :manager:

lol

38 minutes ago, Almat said:

Outside the area, yes, but still a red card offence. Professional foul, clear goalscoring opportunity. Open and shut case.

I agree with this, but it would take a brave referee to pull it back and red card the defender after FF stayed on his feet and got his shot away.