Should we have had a penalty V Notts Forest?

It's one of those where if he had gone down he would've given a penalty. Would've had to send their player off for a deliberate foul without trying to play the ball as well.

Credit to Fernando for staying up and trying to play on.

Poor from the referee.

It's things like this that lead to players going to ground and the grey area of what is and isn't simulation.

Nando stayed up cos he was confident he would score. So was I !!!

TBF keeper did well.

It only served to motivate FF even more to make amends.......and he sure did. His goal was from a no chance situation...one of the best....just when we needed it.

Only thing close to that today was AA's goal.

Their goal was a gimme.....we made 3 mistakes on the trot and they still got lucky!!!

27 minutes ago, swinners said:

How is the push on Forestieri not a foul when he's about to shoot and clear through?

From my observations, pushes are seldom given anywhere on the pitch.

Even if it had been, it's not necessarily a penalty as advantage would more than likely come into play...

2 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

From my observations, pushes are seldom given anywhere on the pitch.

Even if it had been, it's not necessarily a penalty as advantage would more than likely come into play...

How on earth would any referee play an advantage in that situation?

People will play it off as a little push that hardly had any impact on FF but in reality it's a very clever foul that just puts him off balance at the perfect time as he's winding up, without it I have no doubt he would've scored, no ref would've had the balls to give it in all honesty and the defender knew that

Was it outside the box? Need to watch it again. Regardless of that, it was a foul that should have resulted in a red card. Much prefer the Rugby Union way of giving extended advantage in cases like these to see what happens and if no advantage is gained, bring play back to where the original infrindgement happened and go from there.