Poll: Man of the Match vs Nottingham Forest...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Nottingham Forest  

357 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Nottingham Forest?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Sasso
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Hutchinson
    • Abdi
    • Bannan
    • Rhodes
    • Forestieri
    • Reach
    • Wallace
    • Fletcher
    • Winnall

39 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

As always these points are a combination between me and my boy.

I couldn't decide between 4 clear leaders - Westy, Loovens, Abdi, Fessi, but my boy said Westy so there you are.

Westy 9 apart from the penalty save he was simply commanding. Took everything out of the air. Perfect handling. Never gave me anything but total confidence. Premier class without a shadow.

Hunt 7 wish I had his lungs. Worked so hard. Couple of decent crosses. Struggled against great pace in the second half.

Pudil 6.5 let his man by too often. But strong, especially in the air. Didn't get forward much but Bannan had tucked in at HT

Loovens 8 commanding as always. So many interceptions and won everything in the air. Magnificent leader. We are so lucky.

Sasso 6.5 would have been 8 but for one terrible error. Had been strong as an ox and timed tackles to perfection all afternoon.  His error, as I posted from the match, was absolute schoolboy. Five minutes prior, under a bit of pressure near the halfway line he put the ball into row ZZZZZZZZ. Then failed to do so in our box. BUT after his error he put it behind him and was excellent and nerveless. That's the sign of a very good footie mind.

Reach 8 couple of brilliant runs. 3 minutes in at RW he took on their LB down the line and left him for deed, then stood up as good a cross as you will see with his right foot. Second half he reminded me of Waddle in his Spurs days, when he took their RB down the line and again did him for pace. His striking of a ball all day was superb. I can't hit a golf ball as far as he can kick a football. Excellent all afternoon. Loads of effort. Like him a great deal.

Abdi 8.5 controlled large portions of the game, especially after we took the lead, and again at 2-1 when he calmed everything down. What a goal. No backlift and boom.

Bannan 7 effort all afternoon. Always available. Couple of loose passes, but hundreds of good ones. Tireless on the left - still don't like him there.

Good post.

OK  FF / AA  /KW all worth their weight in gold.

But don't forget how well the subs worked.

Rhodes was being fouled constantly so Fletch controlled that.

Kasami had a good spell and lots of damage on their left wing (leading to their goal). Wallace was brought on and IMHO helped us shore up that nuisance area.

Winnall came on late when FF's work was done. He worked very hard to keep the pressure on the Florists who felt beaten even with 5 mins of added.   

Westwood 7.5 great pen save and a smart move rolling around before 

hunt 7 smart . Went forward well and solid at the back 

sasso 6 massive fan but stupid mistake 

loovens 7 dependable 

pudil 7 better than previous performances

reach 6.5 did his best despite restrictive tactics

hutchinson 6.5 solid enough 

abdi 8 great goal and smart on the ball should play more 

Carlos love child 6 Ish . Did okay but really do we have to fit him into every team 

Rhodes 6 islolated

ff 7.5 best performance in a while 

41 minutes ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

OK  FF / AA  /KW all worth their weight in gold.

But don't forget how well the subs worked.

Rhodes was being fouled constantly so Fletch controlled that.

Kasami had a good spell and lots of damage on their left wing (leading to their goal). Wallace was brought on and IMHO helped us shore up that nuisance area.

Winnall came on late when FF's work was done. He worked very hard to keep the pressure on the Florists who felt beaten even with 5 mins of added.   

Sorry edit Carayol not Kasami (their blinking number 18)

Brilliant that FF and AA are battling for MoM. Great that Fessi is winning the fans back with hard work and improving performances and great to finally see Abdi given a chance and taking it. Hopefully this will now be the start of a great run that sees us comfortably stay in the play offs. We could go 4th on Tuesday. UTO

A bit late in posting, sorry.

A great 2-1 win that will set us up nicely for a very important week. There were numerous good individual performances and Carlos will now have the right sort of selection problems.

MOM- Abdi but FF ran him close with a very strong second half display. A mention for Loovens as well.

Ratings

Westwood- 8 Not much to do in open play but picked himself up from a heavy contact to save a penalty.

Hunt- 7 An assured display, pleased for him.

Sasso- 6.5 Putting the mistake aside I thought he did well and put a few big tackles.

Loovens- 8 I thought he was superb especially just after their goal when we needed his influence.

Pudil- 7 A solid enough performance, probably thinking that his place is under threat and hence the apparent improvement in form.

Hutch- 8 Another solid display, no nonsense 100% Hutch.

Abdi- 8.5 All over the place and was involved in everything, showed his quality and perhaps silenced the doubters.

Bannan- 7.5 Busy and better than some of his recent displays.

Reach- 7 A reasonable performance and made a few decent runs.

FF- 8.5 Improved as the game went on. Won the ball back no end of times not to mention the goal (celebration).

Rhodes- 6 Tried but hardly got a touch. Did anyone else notice the number of times that he was taken out by their CH after the ball was cleared. I counted three where he was sent flying even though the ball had long gone. The officials did nothing!

Wallace 7- Injected some life when we were looking tired.

Fletcher 7- Probably better suited to the physical stuff that troubled Rhodes.

Winall- 6.5 Not really enough time on the pitch to make an impression but never stopped moving.

Overall I thought that they starter bright up to the point where they hit the bar. We then controlled the game (even their penalty was against the run of play) up to them getting their goal. We then hung on for about 10 minutes before the substitutions after which we were more settled and saw the game out.

How good was their 45, only a teenager by all accounts but was outstanding in what looked a very ordinary side.

3 hours ago, popman said:

A bit late in posting, sorry.

A great 2-1 win that will set us up nicely for a very important week. There were numerous good individual performances and Carlos will now have the right sort of selection problems.

MOM- Abdi but FF ran him close with a very strong second half display. A mention for Loovens as well.

Ratings

Westwood- 8 Not much to do in open play but picked himself up from a heavy contact to save a penalty.

Hunt- 7 An assured display, pleased for him.

Sasso- 6.5 Putting the mistake aside I thought he did well and put a few big tackles.

Loovens- 8 I thought he was superb especially just after their goal when we needed his influence.

Pudil- 7 A solid enough performance, probably thinking that his place is under threat and hence the apparent improvement in form.

Hutch- 8 Another solid display, no nonsense 100% Hutch.

Abdi- 8.5 All over the place and was involved in everything, showed his quality and perhaps silenced the doubters.

Bannan- 7.5 Busy and better than some of his recent displays.

Reach- 7 A reasonable performance and made a few decent runs.

FF- 8.5 Improved as the game went on. Won the ball back no end of times not to mention the goal (celebration).

Rhodes- 6 Tried but hardly got a touch. Did anyone else notice the number of times that he was taken out by their CH after the ball was cleared. I counted three where he was sent flying even though the ball had long gone. The officials did nothing!

Wallace 7- Injected some life when we were looking tired.

Fletcher 7- Probably better suited to the physical stuff that troubled Rhodes.

Winall- 6.5 Not really enough time on the pitch to make an impression but never stopped moving.

Overall I thought that they starter bright up to the point where they hit the bar. We then controlled the game (even their penalty was against the run of play) up to them getting their goal. We then hung on for about 10 minutes before the substitutions after which we were more settled and saw the game out.

How good was their 45, only a teenager by all accounts but was outstanding in what looked a very ordinary side.

Agree with this. Almost exactly as I saw it. Think I might have given Abdi a 9 but other than that it's spot on.