Did anyone else?

4 hours ago, one day said:

During and after Tuesday's game did anyone else hear comments from those nearby slating Jordan Rhodes performance?

There were 2 blokes sat behind me who for at least 50 minutes continued to slag the player from being not fit, can't run, no speed, can't head a ball, he's too light weight to be any good and finally what a waste of money!

I really had to restrain myself from turning round and having a real go at them.

My only excuse could have been they were United fans.

It seems perfectly reasonable to me to criticise one of our players for being useless in his 3rd game. If they were true fans it should only take 20 minutes of his first game to decide a player is useless, over paid, a waste of money, can't run, can't tackle and is stealing a wage.

Personally I think Rhodes is quite a good player but he's no Nuhiu.lol

1 hour ago, Big Jack said:

There is a guy near us in the North, who slags Hooper off every time he plays and he gets his children to do the same ....

They shout run Hooper when the ball for instance is 50 yards away and he aint got a cat in hell's chance, call him useless and fat (ironic cos the dad and family are a tad lardy)

They also  shout hit it!! usually we are miles from the goal. I have just come to the conclusion the dad has special needs;-)

Haha....reyt laugh....in small doses though.

4 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

This is just typical of what we have become. 

Everything is is judged from a negative perspective. 

Lets get the Vultures circling just in case he slips up. 

Lets "JUDGE" him at the end of the season.

I wonder just how many on here who were openly critical of him prior to signing him and have been silent following his making a goal and scoring one in his first two games are waiting to crawl out from under their stones at the first opportunity and start claiming they were right

This - 100%, been thinking exactly the same

Rhodes is a class striker, we're lucky to be in a position to have players like him

In games where we're playing guff and hanging on to a slender lead though, like Blackburn, he's probably a player to sub off in favour of somebody with a bit more energy, perhaps in midfield.

CC probably wants to squeeze 90 minutes out of him wherever possible though, the fitter and sharper he gets, the more goals and promotion and stuff we'll get

20 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

Everywhere you go you'll encounter morons that's life . Do you think it's any different at any other ground?

Probably not, would be interesting though to hear from a players point of view (those that have been around a few decent sized clubs) if they found any clubs fans to be generally more positive or negative than others

7 minutes ago, woodys said:

Probably not, would be interesting though to hear from a players point of view (those that have been around a few decent sized clubs) if they found any clubs fans to be generally more positive or negative than others

That'll obviously depend on the team and the circumstances. If you're flying high generally fans reactions will be positive. If you're struggling at the bottom like Rotherham, I can see this being the bang opposite.