Access to Leppings Lane from the South Stand

1 hour ago, DMX said:

Slightly off-topic. Wtf was with the line of stewards that kept walking out in front of the empty lower Lep?

Same happened every time there was a corner at the Kop end too.

Was so bizarre it became amusing, but even more so when it happened at the Lep end with no fans there to hold back should a goal go in lol

Noticed this after the Wolves game and thought it was borderline dangerous the amout of people bottlenecked under the South Stand. 

Had a season ticket on North for 10 years and only trouble I ever saw in that time was a bit of shouting and arm waving after an Oldham match around 2003. 

Why the chuff fans exiting from the south stand is now considered a risk is utterly nonsensical. 

Thought this myself, I could understand it perhaps if they bought a fair few and let's face it, most fans are sensible these days and don't truck with aggro. Besides, I was under the impression that any scuffles in recent years have happened away from the ground e.g. Hillsborough or town. Personally I'm not too bothered about walking a bit further it's just that funneling home like that slows them down and when you have to walk to the car or public transport, you're either going to miss it, which is never good for evening matches, or get stuck in a massive jam. It's like SCC and their crappy one-way systems

6 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

I think the south stand could have a few more bridges over the river, perhaps one each side of the main one ... and open the park gates opposite the main entrance whilst we're at it

Yer right mate, but why stop at a few more bridges ? If someone...club , council or waterboard made the section of river from road bridge on Leppings lane to existing foot bridge completely covered over as a wider walk way then no problems at all to all fans and lower risk from flooding. Simple.

23 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Yer right mate, but why stop at a few more bridges ? If someone...club , council or waterboard made the section of river from road bridge on Leppings lane to existing foot bridge completely covered over as a wider walk way then no problems at all to all fans and lower risk from flooding. Simple.

Yeah, let's all have our own zip wire......:manager:

On a slightly different (although linked in a way), - I notice that they have increased the number of turnstiles for away fans at Leppings Lane end and reduced the number for home fans getting into the North Stand.  Seems totally over the top to me, bearing in mind how few visiting fans normally attend the majority of matches.

5 minutes ago, Kevan said:

On a slightly different (although linked in a way), - I notice that they have increased the number of turnstiles for away fans at Leppings Lane end and reduced the number for home fans getting into the North Stand.  Seems totally over the top to me, bearing in mind how few visiting fans normally attend the majority of matches.

Crazy

Wrote to them about it 3 wks ago , asking why the restriction . Of course they haven't had the decency to reply yet . Us prawn sandwich coffin dodgers suffer ageism in many aspects of life but most organisations dont go out their way to make things more difficult .Not good enough Wednesday .

14 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Wrote to them about it 3 wks ago , asking why the restriction . Of course they haven't had the decency to reply yet . Us prawn sandwich coffin dodgers suffer ageism in many aspects of life but most organisations dont go out their way to make things more difficult .Not good enough Wednesday .

I wrote to em, Their reply was it was to do with folk bringing in flares :columbo: