Access to Leppings Lane from the South Stand

9 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

FFS shutting off access to Leppings Lane from the South Stand & Grandstand last night. whoever made this decision you really need to get a grip and ask yourself is there really a safety risk with a set of fans that want to go home with a small number of fans who likewise want to go home? they actually locked the gate last night until they were "politely asked to open it". Is there more of a safety risk with everyone trying to leave over the bridge?

SAG 

7 hours ago, mkowl said:

Luckily I knew that was happening so did a scenic tour up the Parkway and A57.

Any smugness was soon stopped when the gantries came up with Jn 18 - 16 being closed

I had a mare getting back too..M61 exit closed from m60, m6 north exit closed from M62..Nightmare

Added 45 minutes to an already boring journey after watching a boring match...

5 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Classic example last night; ball goes into the square of seats netted off near the scoreboard & no fkr can get it back! :laugh:

Ref blows for new ball from dugout. Farcical.

Steward watches it roll to a stop at the side of him, and stands looking at it.

Apologies to the three women sat in front of me as I shouted, "GET 'T F*KIN BALL KICKED"

i for one sit in the south and im getting fed up with this stupid rule. going over that bridge with that amount of people is a disaster waiting to happen i am now thinking of switching next seasons season ticket to the north 1 i can leave the ground where i want to( leppings lane) 2 its cheaper on the north. i wonder if more people did this the club would relax the rule due to lost revenue 

Just now, mounts said:

i for one sit in the south and im getting fed up with this stupid rule. going over that bridge with that amount of people is a disaster waiting to happen i am now thinking of switching next seasons season ticket to the north 1 i can leave the ground where i want to( leppings lane) 2 its cheaper on the north. i wonder if more people did this the club would relax the rule due to lost revenue 

ive done the same mate.

north next season for me

my decision was made even easier last night, during a spell of wednesday pressure, i had the temerity to stand up (out of excitement at the prospect of a goal) only to hear the old biddies behind me moaning about me standing up

Guest Copthorneowl
6 hours ago, mkowl said:

For us M1 roadwork fact fans - ok I guess it's only me -the roadworks around Nottingham which were the start of all this started 10 years ago.

The good news is I reckon when this lot is done it only leaves Jn 19 -21 left - until they start the process again no doubt

It's another fourth bridge job mate. To be fair it is a lot more than only you.

What you're saying about Rotherham I had the same for umpteen years doing junction 6-10. Now it's up to Watford Gap from your area and as you say then Nottingham it's never ending will probably see us out!!.

Sad to say been dawdling up that road since 84.

11 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

FFS shutting off access to Leppings Lane from the South Stand & Grandstand last night. whoever made this decision you really need to get a grip and ask yourself is there really a safety risk with a set of fans that want to go home with a small number of fans who likewise want to go home? they actually locked the gate last night until they were "politely asked to open it". Is there more of a safety risk with everyone trying to leave over the bridge?

What makes me laugh is by the time we've gone over the bridge and walked up to Leppings Lane we seem to always be there the same time as the away supporters. 

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

It's another fourth bridge job mate. To be fair it is a lot more than only you.

What you're saying about Rotherham I had the same for umpteen years doing junction 6-10. Now it's up to Watford Gap from your area and as you say then Nottingham it's never ending will probably see us out!!.

Sad to say been dawdling up that road since 84.

I worked near Jn 9 for years so I got caught in the knock on effect of those. So with that it's well over 10 years. The biggest difference now is how much they do actual work overnight and closing off entire sections.

But to give an idea of the effect I remember being surprised at getting home after midnight - now if it's before 12.30am I am delighted

Guest Copthorneowl

I wonder if you feel - as I often do - when going to mid week night games, don't go to so many now but I always go up dreading the journey back if we lose and play crap had plenty of that unfortunately but what a lousy 4/5 hour misery that is. Best late journey back ever play off semi v Brighton floated back arrived home early am.

It wasn't that long ago that there was a spate of terrible 1-0 defeats or 0-0 games on Tuesday nights. I found I got home in about 1 hour and 45 as I did about 90 all the way just to escape 

The Charlton FA cup match where we played poorly and lost I was so angry mad that I was still ranting when I got home

what gets me the chavs can stream out of the north onto the lepp and us old feckers in the grandstand have to detour right round the ground to get up Halifax road ......there's no sense to it .....if the club could give a reason why it happens then at least I could maybe understand but they never have .

12 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

People have been getting out that way for decades, why now is it now a safety risk?