Access to Leppings Lane from the South Stand

FFS shutting off access to Leppings Lane from the South Stand & Grandstand last night. whoever made this decision you really need to get a grip and ask yourself is there really a safety risk with a set of fans that want to go home with a small number of fans who likewise want to go home? they actually locked the gate last night until they were "politely asked to open it". Is there more of a safety risk with everyone trying to leave over the bridge?

I leave the North stand by the leppings Lane exit. No problems there.

Maybe the "pincer" effect on the depressed Blackburn fans may have made them a little upset and potentially violent....if you could find any of them amongst the Wednesday fans.

I can see why this may be the case against Newcastle, Derby, Norwich or even Cardiff but not Blackburn...how many were there? couple of hundred maybe?

Edited by Lombado

2 minutes ago, Warringtonowl said:

Didnt somebody report fighting with brum fans? - could have been a factor. 

Them south stand hoolies though, hiding their faces with their tartan blankets and lethal Werthers Originals to use as weapons

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Not the clubs responsibility but which bright spark scheduled roadworks the back way out of Claywheels Lane

Probably the same idiot who arranged the diversions to reach the M1South from Meadowhall, and the timing of the closures themselves. 

1 hour ago, dumboldowl said:

Probably the same idiot who arranged the diversions to reach the M1South from Meadowhall, and the timing of the closures themselves. 

Luckily I knew that was happening so did a scenic tour up the Parkway and A57.

Any smugness was soon stopped when the gantries came up with Jn 18 - 16 being closed

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Luckily I knew that was happening so did a scenic tour up the Parkway and A57.

Any smugness was soon stopped when the gantries came up with Jn 18 - 16 being closed

3 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

Is that going to be happening for the game vs Brentford too? Was a right ballache last night had to use ring road to meadowhead and then south on A61

22 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Is that going to be happening for the game vs Brentford too? Was a right ballache last night had to use ring road to meadowhead and then south on A61

Don't know but it is all too common after a night game these days

Be worth checking the Highways Agency website next week

I was trying to work out the last time I went on the M1 and there was no roadwork sections. I reckon it was at least 10 years ago now. The nemesis last season was them closing 3 lanes so they could mow the friggin grass on the verges

Its a good job the memories of our scintillating football last the journey -

For us M1 roadwork fact fans - ok I guess only me - the roadworks around Nottingham which were the start of all this started 10 years ago.

The good news is I reckon when this lot is done it only leaves Jn 19 -21 left - until they start the process again no doubt

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

The over zealous safety restrictions in place at Hillsborough are getting out of control- are the club doing anything to push back?

Classic example last night; ball goes into the square of seats netted off near the scoreboard & no fkr can get it back! :laugh:

Ref blows for new ball from dugout. Farcical.

5 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

FFS shutting off access to Leppings Lane from the South Stand & Grandstand last night. whoever made this decision you really need to get a grip and ask yourself is there really a safety risk with a set of fans that want to go home with a small number of fans who likewise want to go home? they actually locked the gate last night until they were "politely asked to open it". Is there more of a safety risk with everyone trying to leave over the bridge?

Our club seem to have a black hole with regard to safety considerations. And our club really shouldn't have.

Who the hell sanctioned the parking of cars right up from Penistone Road entrance to the Players Entrance under the bridge.

There are now always queues at the kop turnstiles next to the South. The last few games these and the stupid cars in designated spaces are totally blocking the concourse.

Someone at the club with a brain and common sense needs, to get rid of these car parking spaces ASAP.