Bannan

needs a full day just practicing shooting.

I've seen some rubbish midfielders in my nearly 30 years of watching Wednesday but bannan has to be up there with being the worst at shooting.

one point tonight we was on the counter ..fernando clean through to right and players in the box.bannan decides to take a shot and I've seen more accuracy from nuhiu.

no attacking threat what so ever

6 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

I've seen some rubbish midfielders in my nearly 30 years of watching Wednesday but bannan has to be up there with being the worst at shooting.

one point tonight we was on the counter ..fernando clean through to right and players in the box.bannan decides to take a shot and I've seen more accuracy from nuhiu.

Little goal-scoring threat, yes.

But one of our most attacking threats.

Just now, Greenhgate Owl said:

1 goal all season which was a deflection.where screwed if he is our attacking threat

He doesn't score goals. Never has.

But he is our driving force thru midfield, so yes he is a big part of our ( limited) attacking play.

Are you on about the one with reach to his left?

if so any player would or at least should take a shot in that position he was carrying the ball at momentum central to goal with the defender backing off just out side the box. You hot them all day long ( granted that shot was poor )

then he was in the same kind of situation and instead of hitting it he held onto it too long and played nando through ( the offside goal )

I still think bannan is the one in our team that makes us tick over and starts a lot of our attacks and some of his pressing today was great again. But he does have some weaknesses.

And I still think we missed a trick in not resting him and starting abdi at home to Blackburn surely these are the games he can sit out or be benched for and maybe allow him to be that not sharper 

6 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Are you on about the one with reach to his left?

if so any player would or at least should take a shot in that position he was carrying the ball at momentum central to goal with the defender backing off just out side the box. You hot them all day long ( granted that shot was poor )

then he was in the same kind of situation and instead of hitting it he held onto it too long and played nando through ( the offside goal )

I still think bannan is the one in our team that makes us tick over and starts a lot of our attacks and some of his pressing today was great again. But he does have some weaknesses.

And I still think we missed a trick in not resting him and starting abdi at home to Blackburn surely these are the games he can sit out or be benched for and maybe allow him to be that not sharper 

my bad ,reach to my left

as I stated in the match day thread he played son decent moves,but calling him a attacking threat is honestly laughable lol

14 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

my bad ,reach to my left

as I stated in the match day thread he played son decent moves,but calling him a attacking threat is honestly laughable lol

I could real off so many goals that Bannan has been instrumental in, and so could you.

6 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

He does it all the time.

absolutely does my head in when we've got the best strikers in the division waiting for the ball in the box and Bannan fires a pea roller in for the goalie to scoop up.

5 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

He's not known for scoring goals.

And as a midfielder he should be chipping in with more. This is why the OP has suggested he practices more. 

A centre half has scored more goals in one game than the wonderful Barry Bannan has all season. 

6 hours ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

my bad ,reach to my left

Forgive me if I am wrong, yet I am just a lowly part time supporter this season, but I am lead to believe from the commentary intermittently provided by wednesday player and yet have seen with my own eyes by the highlights provided by sky that bannan delivered the cross from which Sasso scored his first goal... this "attacking threat" of which you speak means more than scoring goals. We have FF JR GH SF & SW to do that. Okay goals from midfield help but with that strikeforce not a neccessity. 

Barry Bannan offers a lot to the team without scoring alot goals plus Barry Bannan only scores worldies. 

Be happy, we won.... again!

10 minutes ago, mark1982 said:

Barry Bannan is only instrumental in preventing us from becoming the side everyone on here wants to see

That's a bit harsh mate.  I think he does play as well as he is able to, most games. He plays too far back on the pitch for me but that will on the manager's instructions I suppose.  His shooting is woeful, it has been most of the time he's been here and he does take too long between receiving the ball and passing it for me, oh and his tackling for a midfield player is a bit lightweight.  Having said all that, I do like his attitude and for me, does add to the team.