Reach or FF tomorrow night?

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Reach with Forestieri on the bench. Forestieri needs to stop throwing his toys out of the pram when things don't go his way, and maybe a stint coming off the bench may help. Plus, a tired Blackburn defence won't want to see him warming up for the last 30 minutes!

Cc never seems to bring subs on at that kind of time in the match though. Subs at 85 minutes instead. Bringing fessi on with 20 to go would be great imo. But I also think fessi has to know reach is likely to get the nod due to his crossing, be interested to see if fessi is willing to change his game a bit to ensure his spot.

I'm glad he's mardy with getting subbed off shows he gives a bobbar, it's how he continues afterwards that's important 

Guest Copthorneowl
14 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Take your FF tinted glasses off.

He wasn't doing his job, defensively, at all on Friday night. 

Yours are the ones the are tainted that's why you started the thread. All the years I've watched SWFC I can say without any question that he's robbed midfield and defenders of the ball more than any other player I've seen. However I'll be happy for you to name any player who tracks back effectively more than him.

4 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Yours are the ones the are tainted that's why you started the thread. All the years I've watched SWFC I can say without any question that he's robbed midfield and defenders of the ball more than any other player I've seen. However I'll be happy for you to name any player who tracks back effectively more than him.

Where did I say he NEVER does a job defensively?

I'm purely on about his performance on Friday night. It was well below the standards he sets himself.

Reach came on, and did exactly what FF should have been doing for the 60 odd minutes when he was on the pitch; getting up and down the line and helping Morgan Fox out.

Watch the game back, and see now many runs Nsue made down our left. And then look for FF tracking him back. Poor old Morgan Fox was left exposed each time. 

Edited by owlZfan84

I'd stick with same starting 11. We have so many options now its unreal. If players aren't cutting it then subs can be made much earlier / half time for example. The later introduction of Reach, Abdi and Macca was a sight to behold the other night and Brum couldn't live with it. Also Sasso deserves to start even if Lees is fit

9 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'm purely on about his performance on Friday night. It was well below the standards he sets himself.

Reach came on, and did exactly what FF should have been doing for the 60 odd minutes when he was on the pitch; getting up and down the line and helping Morgan Fox out.

Watch the game back, and see now many runs Nsue made down our left. And then look for FF tracking him back. Poor old Morgan Fox was left exposed each time. 

Did you go to the game?

Guest Copthorneowl
5 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

You opened this thread with the assertion of "Reach's contribution and FF's lack of tracking back" you don't know what Carlos had decided as regards tracking back whether he wanted the wide midfielder to give cover and Forestiero to support and supply the front two or not.

Everybody that has posted that you have replied to has been told/ argued by you that Reach Should be in before FF so your post is to support Reach replacing FF in other words its your agenda not looking for balanced views it's one sided.

Reach is a great prospect who has been hugely favoured by Carlos since joining us. Friday was the first time he has been left out and it brought the right response however over many games he has flattered to deceive I'm sure he will be a great asset but as yet he's not within a country mile of FF as a goal threat, providing assists, taking up two defenders, making us play I could go on I'll be amazed if CC picks him before FF lets just see.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

None of us know what has gone on behind the scenes, or in Nando's head since Friday. 

He had an off night, then watched his replacement play well, score, and the team score twice. This more than anything will be the rocket/reminder he needs to excel from here in a strong squad. 

FF for me. If he gets it together out left we are unstoppable between now and May.

Its harsh on Reach, but another poor 45 from Nando then he should come on and stay in for Forest.

Fierce competition!

couldn't agree more, FF getting subbed and Reach making an impact and scoring will only make FF more hungry & determined, and if he doesn't perform well we can afford to take him off/start him on bench

58 minutes ago, Savo said:

Play FF on the right and Reach on the Left.  Get them staying out wide and getting crosses in for Rhodes and Winnall.  We have a strike pairing that thrive on balls into the box we need to start feeding them and for me we can only do that if we have a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right.    

Fernando's not really a winger really though is he. If he plays wide its gotta be in a 433 which seems unlikely as we don't have a similar right side player. Reach ain't really a winger either tbh, crossing not good enough and can't beat a man, although his energy is a real asset to the team. Left wing back surely his best position. 

Blackburn at home is a great opportunity to try a new attacking formation, would love to see 352 with FF behind our two new strikers

fox looked better with reach in front of him, ff at time was not chipping in defensively like reach does/was like wallce too. Its nice to be in this situation for a change especially on the left but ff is still technically gifted dont get me wrong either way I'll be happy who starts. Like someone else has also stated, who ever starts will be going off if they are not pulling trees up and helping the team out.

17 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Fernando's not really a winger really though is he. If he plays wide its gotta be in a 433 which seems unlikely as we don't have a similar right side player. Reach ain't really a winger either tbh, crossing not good enough and can't beat a man, although his energy is a real asset to the team. Left wing back surely his best position. 

Blackburn at home is a great opportunity to try a new attacking formation, would love to see 352 with FF behind our two new strikers

We can't play 352,  we haven't got the squad to sustain it.  we've only got 4 centre halves and one of them is Hutch.  He won't do it,  if he was even thinking about it he would have bought at least one more centre half.

Edited by Savo

15 minutes ago, robswfc said:

I wouldn't change a thing rob. We've been looking for the answer all season and for the first time we might have found it.

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

So, given Reach's contribution when he came on against Brum on Friday night and FF's lack of tracking back, does Carlos drop FF down to the bench and give Reach a starting birth down the left with Fox? Or, does CC stick with the same 11?

Rhodes and Winnall have to play ,as their partnership is looking good , so id go with Reach and let Fessi realise that its about the team , not about him. 

I think reach should get the place, but probably best to give FF another chance to show he can do the ugly side and track back. 

As for 3-5-2, we are too long into the season now, Carlos won't change from a formation that has been drilled all season.