Reach or FF tomorrow night?

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I think we're in a great position with our forwards. Any 2 from 3 and I'd be confident going into most games. If it's Rhodes/Winnall again, great.

Put it this way, if FF is on the bench Tuesday, it will be the first time we can look at the teamsheet without thinking "oh ffs we're gonna struggle without him". 

A most satisfactory summary (and state of affairs).

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Nando is often nullified by the opposites doubling up on him and he may fail to shine. However, space opens up in other areas of the pitch for us to exploit.

Remember when some posters used to lose their sh*t when the same argument was put forward about Nuhiu?

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Forestieri all day long. Still our best player !

No he isn't lol

He aint even in my top 3

we can see why he was a 20 game a season man at watford. he's a luxury player that we can't afford in these last 16 games.

Edited by parkerowl

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Remember when some posters used to lose their sh*t when the same argument was put forward about Nuhiu?

:duntmatter:

I wouldn't argue with that. Reach on Friday had the advantage of running into wide open spaces created by Birminghams need to search a leveller rather than anything we were doing. True he exploited it well, but not for me any sort of justification to replace Nando.

5 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

No he isn't lol

He aint even in my top 3

we can see why he was a 20 game a season man at watford. he's a luxury player that we can't afford in these last 16 games.

Really ? So you'd drop him then I assume ? If so, big call....but your opinion Parkerowl.  He starts for me as he is easily in my top3,  & can be changed if not working out.  

Guest Copthorneowl
47 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Reach far from useless in many people's eyes. FF had a terrific season last term - probably his best ever - which he's not replicated this season. It may be temporary but it might be too that he over performed last season and now he is more on a par with the £3m player that we reportedly paid for him. Time alone will tell.

I'll put my head on the block tho' and predict that in a year or two's time Reach will be a significantly more prized asset..

I hope that FF finds consistent top form again but at the moment in a 442 system it would be Reach out left for me. I'd also give Winall and Rhodes another outing together.

I've  seen similar comments to what you're saying Dagmeister but I would ask you, do you think it's realistic to say a player can over perform for a full season? I'll be the first to say a player can have two or three good games and then disappear from sight or never show again but I can't see how terrific performances over a season when you're targeted as well can be a fluke or temporary no way over a season.

As Carlos said "we've been offered 5 times what we paid for him" that's his value and its way and above anything else we have on show. Reach as you rightly say may one day be a more than prized asset but he's got mile and miles to go to do it and in his short career with us he's not in any way been consistent so there's no evidence to say he will based on fact.

4 hours ago, ramone said:

FF was getting lumps kicked out of him. Brum's game was to stop him being effective. They did that very well. That's not FF's fault. I've been very critical of FF this season but the fact he wasn't great on Friday wasn't down to his own poor performance, it was down to the fact they wanted to nullify completely which they did.

Reach shouldn't start over him, not a prayer. Nor should he replace Fox at LB. Nor should he replace Wallace on the right.  

Same team to start for me

Brum can play to stop him being an attacking threat but I don't see how they can stop him tracking back which he certainly didn't do. That is FF's fault and is something he normally does much better.

He certainly wasn't himself the last game, I don't want to suggest why that may be but at this critical stage of the season we need to play those who are effective rather than those who might be effective depending on mood.

Carlos wants competition for places, that should mean that if you don't perform you lose your starting place. FF didn't play well last game and Reach was exceptional when he came on. If Reach doesn't start next game it tells FF he can play poorly and not lose his place and it tells all back up players that no matter how well they perform they won't get a start.

On a side note Sasso has played very well while Lees has been out. He probably doesn't deserve to be dropped. We know Lees is very good so what does Carlos do?

It's an interesting problem but a nice one to have.

Guest Copthorneowl
9 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'm guessing this is a wind up? lol

No in absolute fairness to Parkerowl he's consistently 100% disliked FF from the Norwich episode and can't/won't forgive him despite what he's accomplished.

20 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Sorry but that is a ridiculous thing to say

Ok i'll expand a tad, what I mean is if he's going to play like Friday and not help the team out etc etc, We can't afford him in these last few games and yes reach should start instead and FF used in the second half.

we need the quality i agree but we also need 11 lads working their nuts off because without the effort the true ability cant shine through.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Brum can play to stop him being an attacking threat but I don't see how they can stop him tracking back which he certainly didn't do. That is FF's fault and is something he normally does much better.

He certainly wasn't himself the last game, I don't want to suggest why that may be but at this critical stage of the season we need to play those who are effective rather than those who might be effective depending on mood.

Carlos wants competition for places, that should mean that if you don't perform you lose your starting place. FF didn't play well last game and Reach was exceptional when he came on. If Reach doesn't start next game it tells FF he can play poorly and not lose his place and it tells all back up players that no matter how well they perform they won't get a start.

On a side note Sasso has played very well while Lees has been out. He probably doesn't deserve to be dropped. We know Lees is very good so what does Carlos do?

It's an interesting problem but a nice one to have.

Hmmmm yeah i see your point pal. Like I said earlier in the thread, I never noticed at the time that FF wasn't doing his defensive work. 

Reach has been dreadful (my opinion, you may disagree) for most of the time he's been with us. Its the first time he's been dropped. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Yeah he had a good 20 mins but I dont him taking the place of our best player. 

You're bang on the money re: Sasso. In my opinion, the shirt is his to lose. 

4 hours ago, Mr Mercury said:

I like that .....

4 hours ago, robswfc said:

Both!

.................Westwood

.........Lees/Sasso.....Loovens

Hunt..............Hutch...............Reach

............Abdi...............Baz

..................Fernando

.........Rhodes...........Winnall

I really like this set up. It potentially would mean lots of supply for Winnall and Rhodes, while keeping in tact  the defensive foursome of Westwood/ Lees/ Loovens/ Hutch which has served us so well. 

3 hours ago, Tom Paterson said:

Some right pansies on here Nando has performed week in week out , Reach scores a goal and he's the new messiah !!!! Look back through the threads and see the moans about Reach NANDO all day long for me 

He hasn't performed week in week out. He was pants for most of the start of the season, there were a couple of good games in amongst the poor ones. Then he had a good month where he was on form leading up to his ban. Since then it's been hit and miss.

When FF is on form he can play a blinder but he's distinctly average when he's not up for it. With the new strikers we have brought in I can't see FF getting a game up front very often so he's got to make the wide left spot his own. He's not done that yet.

6 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

I'd rest him for Blackburn, yes mate.

At home, against a team in bottom 3,  after a 3-0 win ??. This is exactly the kind of game FF should be involved in. There's an "argument" (though It'd have to be a good one for me to leave him out) to rest/change away from home now we have the striking options,  but not at home in a game such as this, not for me bud.