Reach or FF tomorrow night?

Guest Copthorneowl

The world and his granny has been questioning Reach's end product for weeks - he comes on scores a good goal takes a very good part in the game and all of a sudden he's seen as a better than Forestiero.

I notice all the old FF critics back out in force I accept this is a forum for opinions but Jesus what utter crap.

At home to a struggling side, would like us to go with an attacking line up, FF to start (same 11, unless Lees is it who would be my only change), but would not be disappointed with Reach as I appreciate he gives more defensive balance than FF.

Can see the argument for rotating, but we have had one day more rest than Blackbum and our second home game in a week, where as they have had two away games, so should be the fresher anyway.

45 minutes ago, ramone said:

FF was getting lumps kicked out of him. Brum's game was to stop him being effective. They did that very well. That's not FF's fault. I've been very critical of FF this season but the fact he wasn't great on Friday wasn't down to his own poor performance, it was down to the fact they wanted to nullify completely which they did.

Reach shouldn't start over him, not a prayer. Nor should he replace Fox at LB. Nor should he replace Wallace on the right.  

Same team to start for me

Getting lumps kicked out of him or not, it doesn't hamper a player to track back and help out defensively.  That was entirely FF's fault.

Guest Copthorneowl
10 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Getting lumps kicked out of him or not, it doesn't hamper a player to track back and help out defensively.  That was entirely FF's fault.

Youre listening to the commentators too much they are not remotely 100% right any of the time and Whilst FF can be accused of many things helping out the midfield and defence and retrieving the ball is Never one of them. 

Hinchcliffe was wrong with his assertion and none of us know what Carlos decided as per tracking back.

12 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Not sure I remember a time where i thought that he was shirking his defensive responsibilities. I sit at the front of the Kop so sometimes my vantage point isn't the best but I cant call him up on this for Friday night... I might be wrong (its been known to happen from time to time) and you may have loads of examples for me where he did.

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

Youre listening to the commentators too much they are not remotely 100% right any of the time and Whilst FF can be accused of many things helping out the midfield and defence and retrieving the ball is Never one of them. 

Hinchcliffe was wrong with his assertion and none of us know what Carlos decided as per tracking back.

Take your FF tinted glasses off.

He wasn't doing his job, defensively, at all on Friday night.