Comparison Since Our Return To Championship

On 12/02/2017 at 14:43, whatdial said:

We have ended every season poorly looking at that. If we don't beat last seasons total something is wrong. 80 points should be the minimum aim

The last 6 games of every season have been very poor. I'm surprised

Can't help but thinking after our opening two games against villa and Norwich, is that run of three games after going to come back and bit us on the ass. I know there was a period later on where we lost 2 and drew 1 in a row but we could have been flying high on confidence if that first month was more positive 

On 13/02/2017 at 10:11, Ethel The Tree said:

Can't beat another quality graph to stare at                          :rolleyes:

If there's one obvious area for improvement then it's the last six matches

2012-13 saw our best return ... 8pts - perhaps because there was more to play for at the time

2013-14 ... 5pts

2014-15 ... 6pts

2015-16 ... 6pts - although Carlos sent the B team to Wolves, because he could

This season, every point could be vital

We'll have Newcastle, Cardiff, Derby & Fulham at home - QPR & Ipswich away

Exciting times indeed

Those last 6 games are all tough apart from the QPR match, but even then the may be fighting for survival which could make that hard too. 

On 12/02/2017 at 12:11, BIG D said:

Year on year improvement in our league position and it there's a good chance it will continue this season.

Comparison.thumb.jpg.6b863bea7858f1c837d65361cd7d0379.jpg

171 points pre-Carlos (3 full seasons)

126 points with Carlos (1 full season, one  incompleted season)

Obvious improvement 

16 minutes ago, owlandished said:

171 points pre-Carlos (3 full seasons)

126 points with Carlos (1 full season, one  incompleted season)

Obvious improvement 

While I don't necessarily disagree that CC has had a significant positive effect there are confounding variables like budget and playing staff that will have had an effect also. 

1 hour ago, mozzy85 said:

next 5 games last season we only picked up 3 points. Hope we can smash that apart this season. 

I was beginning to think somebody had it in for us, just when we'd finally got the top four in our sights

On the face of it, away draws at Hull & Brighton were good results, but of those five games - Nando was sent off in two, suspended for the other three

We missed a penalty against QPR and Colin turned up like a bad penny, just to give the knife an extra twist

Winning the next four helped make up for lost ground, but then Carlos decided to 'rotate' away to Bristol and we lost momentum after that

Just picking it up again for the big ones v Derby & Cardiff

I remain more confident this time round, largely because a) the squad is a good deal stronger and b) because hopefully lessons have been learned

But please, Carlos me old, don't tinker too much with a winning formula   :rolleyes: